Home

Someone please show me how to run the dang ball.

This is a discussion on Someone please show me how to run the dang ball. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2014, 06:01 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Someone please show me how to run the dang ball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkknightrises
Just about ever game I have played My average yards per carry has been around 3-4 yards. I think my last game i had 30 for 90 yards so 3 average and this is on all pro with my fumble slider at like 60 and run blocking at like 55 or something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinkU28
I think pass reaction slider actually determines how well the CPU will react to your run play. When I have it turned up, the LBs shoot the holes as soon as the ball is handed off. If the pass reaction slider is turned down, there seems to be a little delay. It probably reacts this way with play action passes too.

I also use the trap play a lot in this years game. It works wonders. If the DT penetrates the line at all, he is kicked out by the backside pulling guard and I easily shoot up the middle for at least a few yards. This years game is the first Madden I've seen where this play is blocked correctly.

I play on all pro also and I have my run blocking at 0. An still get good running stats with the better running backs. Just be patient and follow your blocks, if you see a defender jump a gap then try hit another one. No turbo all L-stick control up, left, and right to guide you through the hole and fight for extra yards after contact. Also the pass reaction slider does affect running. The lower it is the harder it is for the defenders to get off their blocks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2014, 06:26 AM   #26
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Getting those 6-7 yard carries through giant holes is easy enough. But is anyone busting out for 30 yard carries every now and then? I definitely dont see that.
Old 09-10-2014, 07:11 AM   #27
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

OVR: 20

I have a created player who's rated 73 overall. I can get 2-4 yards per run. Sometimes I get stuffed for a loss, other times I break through.

Prior to the tuner, I would hit sprint when I was just hitting the hole. Now, that seems to work less (someone mentioned you get sucked to tackles more which seems accurate). I only sprint now if I have even more daylight. I usually protect ball to bang out a few extra yards. I find for a lower rated rookie that it is pretty fair.

It also could be a placebo effect, but playcalling seems more important. When I mix in play action, my entire offense seems to benefit against the CPU. Mask your runs with the same formation with PA. I'm starting to catch more passes as well.
Old 09-10-2014, 09:27 AM   #28
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

OP, if you're having an awfully hard time running the ball, go to practice mode and run the ball out of some running formations against sub packages.

This will make it easier for your run game and build your confidence up, before practicing against base formations.
Old 09-10-2014, 09:40 AM   #29
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb0731
I play on all pro also and I have my run blocking at 0. An still get good running stats with the better running backs. Just be patient and follow your blocks, if you see a defender jump a gap then try hit another one. No turbo all L-stick control up, left, and right to guide you through the hole and fight for extra yards after contact. Also the pass reaction slider does affect running. The lower it is the harder it is for the defenders to get off their blocks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you are playing on all pro and with run blocking at 0 you are amazly good at this game.
Old 09-10-2014, 09:41 AM   #30
Pro

OVR: 12

I was having trouble and someone mentioned don't touch any button or the sticks for about 1/2 a second. Let the cpu control your RB during that 1/2 second. Then take over and make your move. Sometimes I hit tubo, sometimes juke or spin. I was playing with the Browns against the Steelers and was doing ok for the first 3 quarters. I kept at it and in the 4th I sprung a 30 yard TD with Tate. Steelers are hard to run against and I ended up with just under a 100 yards with Tate....can't complain about that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craniosynostosis
Old 09-10-2014, 11:04 AM   #31
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm on All-Madden using Charter's sliders; 752 Rushing Yards through 3 games.

I'm using the Eagles, LeSean McCoy. I use the Eagles playbook, run a lot of Traps up the middle, and read options. McCoy gets about 25 touches a game, my backup probably gets 10 or so. Its all in the play, not the sticks. The Trap Plays will almost always give you 3 yards until first contact, then make the LB miss with a Juke, and you'll get at least 6 yards a carry on traps. Read Options sometimes they'll go after the QB, and miss. Triple Option, always works, either your RB up the middle, or your QB down field, pitching to 2nd RB works for about 10 yards. Of course regular runs work too, especially behind a line of nothing but 90+ run blockers, but you need to get a many LBs out of the box as possible. I run a lot of shotgun in that playbook, so they have to come out in Nickel or Dime, just for LeSean to go right up the gut. (5 blockers, 4 DL, a LB in dime) I win the battle 5 on 6 with LeSean going up the middle, first contact being a safety 10 yards away from the LOS. Its math, count your blockers, vs their defense, if they win, they'll win. If not they wont.

I stay north and south, maybe for your running style you should look to acquire Legarrette Blount, he is a North and South runner, that will fall forward for extra yards. Since you have McCoy you will have to be an advanced running, watching for blocker downfield, using vision to Juke and Spin when necessary. He won't break many tackles in Madden, go after Blount and just run right up the gut, he'll get 3 yards a pop if you don't get hit in the backfield.

Last edited by BreakingBad2013; 09-10-2014 at 11:07 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2014, 12:46 PM   #32
Rise up!

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

I have two CFM. One is a fantasy team with LeSean McCoy. The other I'm the 'Skins with Alfred Morris.

I get 150-200 rushing yards a game with LM on 20 carries
I get 60 rushing yards with AM on 30 carries.

Speed kills.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »