Home

IR question

This is a discussion on IR question within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2014, 08:06 AM   #9
Rookie

Marc_Jones's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: IR question

It does change when you're player recovers from his injury. It will change to yes.I had Chris Clemens on IR until he healed then I reactivated him just in time for the playoffs.
Old 09-24-2014, 11:23 PM   #10
Husker Power

Spooky's Arena

OVR: 8

By the way, with IR, why does it not clear a roster spot? The main purpose of any IR move, to me, would be clearing a spot to sign a guy who can replace the IR guy. What is the point of having it if you can't even do that? Am I missing something here?
Old 09-25-2014, 02:27 AM   #11
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky
By the way, with IR, why does it not clear a roster spot? The main purpose of any IR move, to me, would be clearing a spot to sign a guy who can replace the IR guy. What is the point of having it if you can't even do that? Am I missing something here?
It does clear a roster spot. I have several players on IR right now and was able to replace them with new players.

If you're doing this during the preseason, the Cut Days graphic on the Actions menu and X/Y players cut text within the Cut Days menu does not update when you do this. Which is annoying and confusing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2014, 05:16 AM   #12
Rookie

saybur's Arena

OVR: 0

You will be able to return the player to your active roster after 10 weeks. I had my starting QB go down for 8 weeks with a broken collarbone. After the 8 weeks he was healthy but it wouldn't let me bring him back and I kind of freaked out. Amazingly enough they made it realistic in that you have to wait 10 weeks to bring someone off of IR with designation to return! I was surprised.
Old 09-27-2014, 08:44 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by saybur
You will be able to return the player to your active roster after 10 weeks. I had my starting QB go down for 8 weeks with a broken collarbone. After the 8 weeks he was healthy but it wouldn't let me bring him back and I kind of freaked out. Amazingly enough they made it realistic in that you have to wait 10 weeks to bring someone off of IR with designation to return! I was surprised.

Almost certain it should be 6 weeks

Old 09-27-2014, 10:30 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
1. Only players with a "major injury" who are placed on Reserve/Injured after 4 p.m., New York time, on Tuesday, September 4, or thereafter during the season, will be eligible to be reactivated at a later time.

2. A "major injury" is defined as an injury that renders the player unable to practice or play football for at least six weeks (42 calendar days) from the date of injury.

3. Each team may reactivate only one player placed on Reserve/Injured after 4 p.m., New York time, on Tuesday, September 4. That player must be "designated for return" at the time the club places him on Reserve/Injured, and such designation shall appear on that day's Personnel Notice.

4. Such player is eligible to return to practice if he has been on Reserve/Injured for at least six weeks from the date he is placed on Reserve. He is eligible to return to the Active List if he has been on Reserve/Injured for at least eight weeks from the date he is placed on Reserve.
Source: http://www.bigblueview.com/2012/8/31...ew-york-giants

To summarize, the NFL rule is a player can practice after 6 weeks but can't be activated until 8 weeks after being placed on IR designated to return.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »