Home

Perfect CPU QBs

This is a discussion on Perfect CPU QBs within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2014, 09:32 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Perfect CPU QBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by allhailben7
My CBs are (M/Z/Press) Janoris Jenkins (86/80/81), rookie Percy Douglas (87/88/91) and rookie Trenten Phillips (81/79/84). Joyner has 76 PRC, 82 Zone, 77 Press and 74 Man. Laurenaitis now has 85 Zone and 75 Man.
Looks like Jenkins lost some on man coverage. I am pretty sure he starts at something over 90 for man coverage, and he has super star development.
Old 09-17-2014, 10:05 AM   #10
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjallure24
Is this true like last season? Can anyone confirm this.

After last year I don't even take the chance of not importing sliders..however auto subs seem ok with in CFM adjusting..has this ever been official confirmed last year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Old 09-17-2014, 10:06 AM   #11
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
After last year I don't even take the chance of not importing sliders..however auto subs seem ok with in CFM adjusting..has this ever been official confirmed last year?

That's my point. I know for sure the auto subs work when adjusted in online CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2014, 10:34 AM   #12
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

I have read in multiple threads that sliders have to be adjusted OUTSIDE of CFM and imported to work properly. Changing them in the CFM seems to have no affect. I make my adjustment outside and then import them once in my CFM.

"If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" -Tuco
Old 09-17-2014, 11:36 AM   #13
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18

Gotcha, thanks
Old 09-17-2014, 12:28 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

This is something I posted on Reddit yesterday, and it has improved my defense tremendously. I play All-Pro PS3 NO SLIDERS, and I am having great games defensively. Keep in mind that your defenders are all tied together, so if you make a mistake on your assignment (the player you are usering), your AI defenders will blow the play as well.

"Zone: Cheating out of my area slightly, and not being over aggressive in chasing down routes that are passing through my zone. Know what type of routes threaten that particular zone and be ready for all of them (Ex: If you are playing a CB deep blue, you know they are mainly there for streaks and deep posts, but you cannot forget about deep outs, comebacks or the pain in the *** wheel route).
Man: Play with proper technique (stay between WR and QB), stay in the WR's face, watch his hips until I figure out the route, then shift my eyes to WR's hands or QB's shoulders/eyes. You can cheat off of him a little to bait the QB but it is super risky.
I hated defense about a week ago (I still think the game is deeply flawed), but it seems like if you are doing your job correctly and being patient, you will force a pickable throw regardless of who you are usering. We are getting closer to being forced to play actual football instead of Madden ball."

Little things, like attacking the proper gap if usering a dline man or blitzing, seems to put my secondary and LB's in the right place to make a play when it's time to switch over to them. Before I employed this method, I was dealing with robo qb as well. Learn more about the specific positions, and how they are supposed to play their assignment, and it will help you immensely.
Old 09-17-2014, 01:07 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by richrolla
This is something I posted on Reddit yesterday, and it has improved my defense tremendously. I play All-Pro PS3 NO SLIDERS, and I am having great games defensively. Keep in mind that your defenders are all tied together, so if you make a mistake on your assignment (the player you are usering), your AI defenders will blow the play as well.

"Zone: Cheating out of my area slightly, and not being over aggressive in chasing down routes that are passing through my zone. Know what type of routes threaten that particular zone and be ready for all of them (Ex: If you are playing a CB deep blue, you know they are mainly there for streaks and deep posts, but you cannot forget about deep outs, comebacks or the pain in the *** wheel route).
Man: Play with proper technique (stay between WR and QB), stay in the WR's face, watch his hips until I figure out the route, then shift my eyes to WR's hands or QB's shoulders/eyes. You can cheat off of him a little to bait the QB but it is super risky.
I hated defense about a week ago (I still think the game is deeply flawed), but it seems like if you are doing your job correctly and being patient, you will force a pickable throw regardless of who you are usering. We are getting closer to being forced to play actual football instead of Madden ball."

Little things, like attacking the proper gap if usering a dline man or blitzing, seems to put my secondary and LB's in the right place to make a play when it's time to switch over to them. Before I employed this method, I was dealing with robo qb as well. Learn more about the specific positions, and how they are supposed to play their assignment, and it will help you immensely.

Great techniques that i use too and that will help people who are struggling with d

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2014, 02:52 PM   #16
Rookie

allhailben7's Arena

Janoris Jenkins has low confidence.q otherwise, he is now 88 OVR with shutdown-like stats.

I switched from exclusively D-camera to Default just so I could start using my LBs in zone (the LB Camera is absolutely useless). I have been racking up sacks like before the Online patch because I keep getting coverage sacks now. I cover drags, slants and ins usually. When they do complete those, it's because the other hook zone ignores the crossing receiver until he's already past. If I do a cover 0 blitz, I take the LB off the HB and anticipate a post (usually 5WR Smash). The QB doesn't check down 70% of the time.

I try to call my own plays, but sometimes go with suggestions on 1st or 2nd down. I always pick my own plays on 3rd down and obvious passing downs.

I'll try that out-of-CFM adjustments thing, but it seemed to work for me with CPU Coverage. CBs aren't making crazy interceptions like before I changed that and CPU running has also improved.

I did have a good game going vs the Ravens in game 2. Picked Flacco off on a late deep throw on the first play. He was 20-29 with 210 and 2 INTs with 3 minutes to go in a 16-10 game before I got a 'Stats and score for this game will not count' message.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »