Home

Perfect CPU QBs

This is a discussion on Perfect CPU QBs within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2014, 03:05 PM   #17
Rookie

allhailben7's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Perfect CPU QBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by richrolla
This is something I posted on Reddit yesterday, and it has improved my defense tremendously. I play All-Pro PS3 NO SLIDERS, and I am having great games defensively. Keep in mind that your defenders are all tied together, so if you make a mistake on your assignment (the player you are usering), your AI defenders will blow the play as well.

"Zone: Cheating out of my area slightly, and not being over aggressive in chasing down routes that are passing through my zone. Know what type of routes threaten that particular zone and be ready for all of them (Ex: If you are playing a CB deep blue, you know they are mainly there for streaks and deep posts, but you cannot forget about deep outs, comebacks or the pain in the *** wheel route).
Man: Play with proper technique (stay between WR and QB), stay in the WR's face, watch his hips until I figure out the route, then shift my eyes to WR's hands or QB's shoulders/eyes. You can cheat off of him a little to bait the QB but it is super risky.
I hated defense about a week ago (I still think the game is deeply flawed), but it seems like if you are doing your job correctly and being patient, you will force a pickable throw regardless of who you are usering. We are getting closer to being forced to play actual football instead of Madden ball."

Little things, like attacking the proper gap if usering a dline man or blitzing, seems to put my secondary and LB's in the right place to make a play when it's time to switch over to them. Before I employed this method, I was dealing with robo qb as well. Learn more about the specific positions, and how they are supposed to play their assignment, and it will help you immensely.
I've even started a CB CFM just so I can learn how to cover and what routes to expect on which downs (played 2 4-year RTGs with CBs on NCAA14). I usually play 7-8 yards off, shaded 2-3 yards inside in case of a slant or drag and try to wait to get out of my backpedal until the last moment. I'll need to work on it more, because CB (and holding R2 before the play) is the only D-Camera I can tolerate right now. I even move my Safeties outside the hashes just so I can actually see something.
Old 09-17-2014, 04:31 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by allhailben7
I've even started a CB CFM just so I can learn how to cover and what routes to expect on which downs (played 2 4-year RTGs with CBs on NCAA14). I usually play 7-8 yards off, shaded 2-3 yards inside in case of a slant or drag and try to wait to get out of my backpedal until the last moment. I'll need to work on it more, because CB (and holding R2 before the play) is the only D-Camera I can tolerate right now. I even move my Safeties outside the hashes just so I can actually see something.
I usually try to let the AI take over until I can determine the route on the outside, but I'll try shading in, as I keep getting beat by in's snd slant's.
Old 09-17-2014, 11:39 PM   #19
Rookie

allhailben7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by richrolla
I usually try to let the AI take over until I can determine the route on the outside, but I'll try shading in, as I keep getting beat by in's snd slant's.
I'm still getting killed because the break is so quick, but I can at least make a tackle most of the time.
Old 09-17-2014, 11:47 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by allhailben7
I tried playing a CB CFM just because playing that position is so damn fun but the problems with the supersim engine turned me away from that.

But in my brief time playing the mode I was beat a few times on go routes. You have to turn your hips and run with the WR much sooner than in previous Maddens. That is awesome because in past versions you could backpedal damn near 20 yards and not get beat. This time around it is much more realistic and as a result curl routes and the like are not automatic interceptions.
Old 09-18-2014, 01:43 AM   #21
Rookie

allhailben7's Arena

I'm seriously to the point that I'm honestly thinking of trading the game in because it's damn-near unplayable now. I see CPU CBs turn on a dime on a deep comeback for an INT only to turn and watch my now 92 Press 91 SPD 98 ACC CB get beat by 83 SPD 84 ACC 79 BPR Steve Smith for a 62 yard TD on the first Press play I call. I can get a good game going and then, no matter how I adjust my settings, I get some incredibly ridiculous play on defense. I haven't had a single game where I didn't give up some 40+ yard play and I've played probably 15 games so far. I can call the right defense and my players should be in position but they just aren't. I shouldn't have to resort to usering my best cover corner to get him to play like he should be in the first place. If the Pass Coverage slider doesn't fix this problem, what does?

I haven't been this frustrated since playing 2K14.

Last edited by allhailben7; 09-18-2014 at 01:47 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2014, 05:18 AM   #22
Rookie

allhailben7's Arena

I finally got a good coverage/QB game, only to also get 11 sacks by 3 different people. Stopped with :02 to go... I guess finally advancing may have affected them or something:

Mallett (on Cardinals now) went 25/42 for 259, 1 TD, 4 INT (a little much, none of them user). Laurenaitis made some great breaks on the ball in zone with 85 Zone and 93 PRC for 2 INT. My nickel CB also had 2 INT, one with shaded coverage.

I'm winning 39-12 with 23 points off of turnovers and only 309 total yards.
Old 09-18-2014, 07:23 AM   #23
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18

Tested the sliders adjust in CFM, and you can indeed adjust them in CFM and have them work. No need to inject them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »