Home

Who to pick when starting CFM? (offline)

This is a discussion on Who to pick when starting CFM? (offline) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2014, 02:11 PM   #1
Rookie

DCD6890's Arena

OVR: 0
Who to pick when starting CFM? (offline)

I've yet to start a CFM due to the problem of having to go through the Panthers vs. Seahawks NFC Championship game every few starts. I've been stuck on who to play a CFM with. I've thought about the Panthers, but I'm not totally sold. I've even thought about the Seahawks. I like the way both of their offenses and defenses play. However, I've thought about giving the Cardinals, Browns, Texans, Colts, Bills, Eagles and possibly Jacksonville a try but I'm torn on who to choose. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2014, 02:49 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Who to pick when starting CFM? (offline)

You know this is only happening to a few people right? I've actually never had this happened to me and I have had the game since release. My advice is just go ahead and start your cfm and enjoy
Old 09-23-2014, 04:45 AM   #3
Rookie

I went for the Jaguars personally as I'm English and wanted to move a team to London. With the owner having business interests in London, that kind of fitted the story.

Also, the Jags have a few decent pieces to play with (Bortles, WRs, Cyprien) and a few gaping holes (O-Line). I'm currently in 2019 and made my first playoff appearance in 2018 losing in the WC. Sitting at 8-2 in 2019 and heading towards another playoff appearance so it shows the team can be turned around. My O-Line is now a group of strength (88,95,89,92,91) are my starters.

I recommend you read the front page article on 5 franchise to turn around, it makes some good points which you could consider before you decide.
Old 09-23-2014, 06:18 AM   #4
Rookie

Cyrus09's Arena

If you like the way the Seahawks and Panthers play why not choosing the Cardinals? They have a simliar style, tough division as a real challenge, and some great talents across the depth chart. Plus, you still have some weak spots where you could put your own things and thoughts into.

Really like their potential for a longtime CFM this year, they are closer to a contender then most people think.
Old 09-23-2014, 07:44 AM   #5
Rookie

JPCaveman13's Arena

OVR: 6

I second the Cardinals. They are right there in terms of making the playoffs with talent on both sides of the ball. They do have a few places to upgrade (HB and OL) but they are fairly serviceable as is. They do have some older players but they still have a couple years left so you have time to groom their replacements. Their schedule is fairly decent as the only major threats outside of the division are Denver and Philly, so getting 10-12 wins is very plausible. A playoff spot pretty much comes down to a race for the a wild card spot between the Cards, 49ers, and Saints/Panthers (whoever finishes second in their division) unless you make a strong run for the NFC West crown.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2014, 08:45 AM   #6
Rookie

Ruben2424's Arena

I always tend to start a franchise mode with the team with the worst previous record...OR I just start one with my favorite team (Dolphins).
Old 09-23-2014, 10:40 AM   #7
MVP

lisinas's Arena

OVR: 5

I usually have this same problem with madden CFM , i have a lot of teams that i would like to play with but i can never choose one of them . What i do is i choose one team from all the ones that i would like to try and just start my CFM , i will play a few games and if im not liking it i will switch to different team from week 1 and i do this till i find the team that gives me most fun to play . For example i thought Panthers would be really fun to play with but when i started CFM with them after playing 4 games i went on to some other team because Panthers weren't even close to as fun as i imagined they would be .
Old 09-23-2014, 10:56 AM   #8
Rookie

spfhelmiii's Arena

OVR: 5

IMO, it's all about what uniforms you like best among the teams with the worst records. The most fun I've ever had in a CFM involved completely overhauling a roster except for a few stars, so that down the road the entire team feels like "yours".

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »