Home

Madden NFL 15's Five Areas Which Need Improvement for Next Year

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15's Five Areas Which Need Improvement for Next Year within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2014, 03:29 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 0
My Top 5 Things.

1. Eliminate or greatly reduce warping, sliding, gliding, and suction blocking and tackling.

2. Add foot-planting to all players on the field, foot-planting should happen just by using the left thumb stick like in FIFA 15.

3. Add ball physics and be able to throw to an area on the field, no more ball being tethered to receivers resulting in repeat catch animations and unrealistic accurate passes.

4. Receiver/Secondary interactions and Gang Tackling- Tackling is very unrealistic now too many big hits by smaller defenders on bigger backs and tightends. Defensive backs tackle way too good in the open field. Need to be way more tackle variety and way less pre-determined canned tackles and way more gang tackling. No more crash dummy rag doll gang tackling!

5. Player Movement- Player movement is still way too stiff and robotic, NBA Live 15 is addressing this issue by retaining animation integrity and by combining animations into one instead of multiple parts. Maybe this could be done in Madden too.

With the new gen hardware, their is no more excuses Tiburon, it's time to step up your game to the big leagues and stop doing the bare minimum just because you have the exclusive license.

Last edited by Mr.Smif; 09-29-2014 at 03:37 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2014, 03:41 PM   #26
Rookie

markus48's Arena

I would love to see the Nike and Under Armour football gloves in the game. They already have the license for the cleats so I don't see why gloves are such a big deal.
Old 09-29-2014, 04:36 PM   #27
Rookie

They need more equipment, why cant we put single sleeves on people? This would bring much more realism to the game. They need to fix the sleeves on the jerseys, they come down way to much. They need to improve the player models. why is Peyton Manning ripped, the offensive linemen need to be bulkier opposed to ripped. None of the kickers look accurate.
Old 09-29-2014, 05:05 PM   #28
MVP

The main thing i'm looking forward to is more organic player movement. They've improved the running animations a ton, however, the devs haven't fully rid the game of that "stiff jerky" movement. Like I say, its more fluid than previous versions, but still needs just a tad bit more work, then they'll be golden.
Old 09-29-2014, 06:11 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Madden NFL 15's Five Areas Which Need Improvement for Next Year

Am I correct in assuming that WR/DB interactions were not listed because of the widely held belief that it will be worked on for the next release?

Anyway, my pet peeve that needs to be improved upon is CFM owner mode feedback. I want to be able to track attendance and revenue week to week (and year to year)via a line graph. Give me graphs and charts EA!!

I also want to compare my revenue to the rest of the NFL. In my Ravens CFM I average ~$9 million a home game. How does that stack up with the rest of the league?
Old 09-29-2014, 06:11 PM   #30
MVP

Signature ball carrying/running animations are huge on my list. My biggest issue with Madden is that it always feels stale & boring after a couple months & it's mainly due to all players feeling similar & having the same animations. Signature animations would go a long way in improving Madden. Ball carrying animations need to be dynamic as well (players should hold the ball close to their body when in traffic & swing the ball freely when accelerating in the open field)

The Infinity engine needs some major cleaning up as well. We should not still be seeing RB's run up their linemans back without pushing off. I'm still seeing things like players arms going behind their back with the ball stuck in their hand, player warping, morphing/player clipping, players walking right through other players after the play, etc.. All these things need to be fixed 1st before going forward.

True Step for all 22 players on the field

True gang tackling (no more players flopping down like ragdolls on multiple hit tackles)

Real Living Worlds with actual IN GAME players on the sidelines (with names on their jerseys) & cheerleaders.

Lastly the animations overall need to be smoothed out. Madden still has that glitchy feeling almost as if it skips frames on certain animations.

Last edited by JKSportsGamer1984; 09-29-2014 at 06:17 PM.
Old 09-29-2014, 06:12 PM   #31
BRING BACK F2000 HELMET!!

l8knight1's Arena

OVR: 2
Incredible how signature animations are conversation for next year, when the QB animations from last year do not work in 15. Fix what's already in the game first for crying out loud.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2014, 07:07 PM   #32
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 15's Five Areas Which Need Improvement for Next Year

Pretty much to the point if they do fix penalties to be representative of real life and add at least the option for realistic special teams play (fumble snaps, blocked punts, TD returns), I may be done.

And this assumes that patches are able to make both sim stats and QB decision making at least workable this year

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »