Home

Online CFM: 30 Year Old WRs Speed Dropping

This is a discussion on Online CFM: 30 Year Old WRs Speed Dropping within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2014, 12:25 PM   #33
Pro

superxero27's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Online CFM: 30 Year Old WRs Speed Dropping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshzoladz
What is the regression rating on your trainer? I have a world class regression guy and all my players have done well when aging. I think some of you should check to see what yours is rated. Not saying its not still an issue but it might help determine what the actual issue is.
Do you still have access to a trainer as a coach or is it just as an owner?
Besides, what about CPU teams?

My teams:
NFL - Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals
NCAAF/B - Arizona Wildcats, Northern Arizona Lumberjacks, North Texas Mean Green

I find it amusing that the OS icon for NAU is 20 years (and three rebrands!) out of date.
Old 10-28-2014, 06:00 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 0

I haven't noticed this at all. AJ green had speed in the 90's until he retired. Same with Calvin and some others. Most have +80 with most at 85 or higher until they retire. I haven't seen anything extreme.

But it could have something to do with production. I had Andre Ellington. He was 92 speed at age 32. He got injured and only played in 3 games. Next season, his speed was 83. So I'm guessing production or injuries factor in.
Old 10-29-2014, 05:40 AM   #35
Banned

Steel4Reel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by camo
This happens to the Qb's throwing power. Hard to believe that Big Ben would drop from around 90 throw power to 74 next season.

LMAO...what a joke.

Arm strength may dip with age, but pending major arm issues, it would never fall off that much. Brett Favre could still sling it 50 yards at age 40. Not saying thats the norm, but unless Ben is 60 years old in the game, his arm strength should never be that low.

There really is no excuse for how bad regression is in this game. It just seems completely and utterly broken.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2014, 07:39 AM   #36
Banned

OVR: 32

Hester is a 72 speed in year two of my CFM and sitting in the FA pool. At least the Falcons didn't bring him back and no one else has signed him.

Laughing at people who don't think this is an issue.
Old 10-29-2014, 02:37 PM   #37
Pro

superxero27's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel4Reel
LMAO...what a joke.

Arm strength may dip with age, but pending major arm issues, it would never fall off that much. Brett Favre could still sling it 50 yards at age 40. Not saying thats the norm, but unless Ben is 60 years old in the game, his arm strength should never be that low.

There really is no excuse for how bad regression is in this game. It just seems completely and utterly broken.
Maybe he turned into Chad Pennington and his shoulder just fell off in the off season.

My teams:
NFL - Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals
NCAAF/B - Arizona Wildcats, Northern Arizona Lumberjacks, North Texas Mean Green

I find it amusing that the OS icon for NAU is 20 years (and three rebrands!) out of date.
Old 10-29-2014, 04:45 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 1

This is why I never sign anyone over the age of 30. I noticed it with revis in my pats cfm, his speed dropped to 72 after that happened I realised how dramatic the regression is
Old 10-29-2014, 08:06 PM   #39
Rookie

unc_kobw's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewillbechud
You're operating under the logic established in past maddens, not this madden. Speed has never been more unimportant, you're still acting like it's the end all be all trait to look for in a player. It's not. This madden plays completely different than anything we've had previously. TBH I never have any problem making big plays with 70's speed tight ends, just as many as a V Davis etc. Any speed difference in negligible on the field in most cases. I don't just accept that the jump is as big and all encompassing as you say it is, because first hand I've seen otherwise.
I 100% disagree a 70's speed TE is going to have more big plays than 90? speed Vernon Davis, don't care how good the user is.
NFL: Seattle Seahawks

Madden SFL League - If you beat them, they will boot you.
Old 10-29-2014, 10:46 PM   #40
Rookie

anquan boldin in my OFFLINE CFM has dropped down to 62 speed and this only my 3rd season...
very frustrating
BUT i move him to either 2nd or slot WR and he is still making grabs and putting up big numbers.. over 1,000 last season.. he just cant make it down the field much any more, still a lot of good plays tho

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »