Home

Negative available funds in an online ccm. Help

This is a discussion on Negative available funds in an online ccm. Help within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-28-2014, 09:19 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
Negative available funds in an online ccm. Help

I am in the off-season in my online franchise as an owner. I was originally the owner of the Titans but in the off-season I switched to the Dolphins because one of my friends want to do use the Titans. When I switched to the Dolphins they had 37 players and -6.4 mil in available funds. So I could not re-sign any players or sign new free agents. After the draft I had -21 mil in available funds.

Is there anything that I can do to alleviate this problem? I only have 48 players on my team and I need to fill some holes. Would be able to create a new character as an owner and not have to retire and give up the Dolphins? Because I know if I retire then I wouldn't be able to rejoin the franchise and choose the same team again.

I appreciate any help or suggestions because this has been very frustrating.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2014, 01:11 PM   #2
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Negative available funds in an online ccm. Help

You are pretty much screwed. You can release a bunch of your highest played players but the cap hit would be huge and you would have to field a team of scrubs for a few years while having some success to keep fans coming to not lose any more money. Small market teams don't make nearly enough Money. Other option is to turn the cap off. The only problem is you still can't give signing bonuses but you can offer ridiculous contracts. And the cpu has better free agency logic going that route anyway. Keeps it a bit more realistic to me.
Old 11-28-2014, 05:18 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 7

I have plenty of cap room. It's the available funds that I don't have. I try offering contracts with no signing bonus and it says that I can't because I have negative available funds
Old 11-28-2014, 05:51 PM   #4
Rookie

The Yurpman's Arena

OVR: 6

You're pretty much screwed, like the other poster replied. It's borderline impossible to field a quality team with a small market organization. You have to be very, very good and find a way to keep the fans coming to your games for an extended period of time to even have a chance at succeeding in making money.

Just play as a coach, not an owner. You can still do free agency and sign who you want and you don't have to worry about signing bonuses, which is where the problems occur.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »