Home

Adaptive AI

This is a discussion on Adaptive AI within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-17-2014, 03:06 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Adaptive AI

It seemed like years ago everyone clamored for adaptive AI in Madden/NCAA. It was finally introduced in NCAA 10, but in a poor effort. Instead of the AI truly picking up on your tendencies, the game just gave them attribute boosts if you ran the same plays over and over.

It never really worked that well and you could still use a 5 play playbook and win every game if you wanted.

Now with Madden 15 out, EA talked about how they really revamped adaptive AI and it mimics more of what we wanted from the beginning.

I was just wondering how everyone here feels about it. Do you even notice it? Do you like or love it?

I personally see it and love it. Every game is different for once. Every drive is different. I can't just run the same plays over and over. I can actually use PA, use fake snaps, bluff my coverage, etc.

For once in a football game I can out think the AI from a strategic standpoint, or even be beaten in the chess game myself. There's been plenty of times I've gotten repetitive on both sides of the ball and I see the AI switch things up and start destroying me until I figure out how to adjust.

So I personally love the adaptive AI. It actually changes the game for the first time in a football game. I hope EA expands upon it and really takes it further in future iterations because it really is what keeps me playing 5 years into my franchise.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2014, 03:12 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: Adaptive AI

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
It seemed like years ago everyone clamored for adaptive AI in Madden/NCAA. It was finally introduced in NCAA 10, but in a poor effort. Instead of the AI truly picking up on your tendencies, the game just gave them attribute boosts if you ran the same plays over and over.

It never really worked that well and you could still use a 5 play playbook and win every game if you wanted.

Now with Madden 15 out, EA talked about how they really revamped adaptive AI and it mimics more of what we wanted from the beginning.

I was just wondering how everyone here feels about it. Do you even notice it? Do you like or love it?

I personally see it and love it. Every game is different for once. Every drive is different. I can't just run the same plays over and over. I can actually use PA, use fake snaps, bluff my coverage, etc.

For once in a football game I can out think the AI from a strategic standpoint, or even be beaten in the chess game myself. There's been plenty of times I've gotten repetitive on both sides of the ball and I see the AI switch things up and start destroying me until I figure out how to adjust.

So I personally love the adaptive AI. It actually changes the game for the first time in a football game. I hope EA expands upon it and really takes it further in future iterations because it really is what keeps me playing 5 years into my franchise.

I don't run the trap play over and over, but I hear if you run it, the AI will never adapt and you can get 4 yards per carry almost every time without the AI ever stacking the box.
Old 12-17-2014, 03:16 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I run it and see the AI put 8 and 9 in the box constantly. The play is just money.

― Plato
Old 12-17-2014, 08:43 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

I tend to only run WR screens out of Empty Gun sets (West Coast Offense playbook, so no five-wide). One game where I killed the AI in the first quarter with the play for a total of 120 yards, it started playing man whenever I was in that formation, and they kept jumping the route on the screen. Didn't work once the rest of the game.
Old 12-17-2014, 10:25 PM   #5
Rookie

mlb61's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
I don't run the trap play over and over, but I hear if you run it, the AI will never adapt and you can get 4 yards per carry almost every time without the AI ever stacking the box.
Depends on the matchups. If 1) your pulling guard is elite (with excellent athleticism), and 2) your other linemen are good, and your 3) HB has good AWR plus good BCV , the play tends to work consistently. Not so much the better the trapped DT is. Elite run-stopping DTs tend to blow up the trap as often as not. And, if you run a trap every series, the CPU will overload the middle with 3 DLs and 2 LBs, outnumbering your blockers or call stunts/blitzes to complicate your OL's blocking assignments.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2014, 01:32 PM   #6
Banned

Shady Mike's Arena

Funny how threads like this get swept under the rug, it's funny because games like The Show and 2K are constantly focusing on simulation aspects, while all EA focuses on Ultimate team so casual players like Chris Smoove will enjoy it more.
Old 12-22-2014, 03:26 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Mike
Funny how threads like this get swept under the rug, it's funny because games like The Show and 2K are constantly focusing on simulation aspects, while all EA focuses on Ultimate team so casual players like Chris Smoove will enjoy it more.
Have u played the show and 2k this year? . The show was fun when it worked lol but you barely could finish games. Prolly had hundred losses online from freezes and 2k so terrible online man I really wish I could get my money back.
Old 12-22-2014, 08:13 PM   #8
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay5Ice
Have u played the show and 2k this year? . The show was fun when it worked lol but you barely could finish games. Prolly had hundred losses online from freezes and 2k so terrible online man I really wish I could get my money back.
Well considering this thread is about Adaptive AI and playing against the computer I don't think online gaming against other people has anything to do with the topic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »