Home

Leave Coach mode stay the same ADD spectator mode for CFM

This is a discussion on Leave Coach mode stay the same ADD spectator mode for CFM within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2015, 11:56 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 2
Re: Leave Coach mode stay the same ADD spectator mode for CFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel4Reel
Well, next gen is only 2 Maddens deep....so not really saying much.

But I dont have next gen yet so Im no expert on it.

In terms of the CPU vs CPU...most people I know only want it for franchise mode. Honestly, I personally have no idea who would care to watch a meaningless Play Now CPU vs CPU. Most who want it want it because it allows them to watch either other games within their franchise that they dont control or watch the teams they build play.

Anyway, EA is well known for stripping features from their games with no reason or explanation.
Why do I play CPU vs CPU games in what you call meaningless "Play Now" mode? Well because Madden forces me to play it this way. If Madden allowed me to play the games inside of a Season or a Franchise mode, that would be even better. But as you correctly pointed out already, Madden has a way of taking features away from the game. The way Madden works right now in franchise mode is, once my team is eliminated, that's it the season is over, fast forward to the next season, here's your virtual players to draft. I don't ever get to see the other teams play. To some people this is what they want. But the only stats I really care about are wins and losses. The only stats I really care about are who makes the playoffs and who wins in the playoffs. Of course I don't watch all the regular season games. But I play the entire schedule and keep track of the wins and losses myself and then play all the playoff games whether my team is in them or not. It's how I like to play the game. If you think this is useless, well that's your opinion. But because I play the game this way with modified rosters and modified sliders, plus also using two controllers which allows me to select the playbooks the teams use. I can make the observation and say "Madden 15 on the PS4 while still full of warts is still the best football game I have ever seen to date". Now if the NCAA series was on the next-gen consoles, I might actually say NCAA is better (for sure the coach mode in NCAA is more robust). But there is no NCAA game for the next gen consoles at this time. I play CPU vs CPU games on Madden 15 on my PS4 and play coach mode games using NCAA 14 on my PS3 and I enjoy both games.

Last edited by My993C2; 02-04-2015 at 11:59 PM.
Old 02-05-2015, 07:22 AM   #10
Banned

TheSaints7's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuddyHobbs
It's about time for Madden 16 to do this. Keep coach mode the way it is, it's fine. As long as we get a spectator mode for CFM. If not then make a true spectator mode instead of coach mode.
Lol. No, coach mode isn't fine. I want spectate mode to be added, however there needs to be a lot more added too.
Old 02-05-2015, 06:17 PM   #11
Pro

majesty95's Arena

OVR: 18

I haven't played coach mode in a while but it would be nice if they improved it. I wouldn't mind going back to my coaching roots sometimes but having to control the kicking game and the other issues mentioned don't make it fun. Spectator mode could be could too. I used to do this when editing rosters on NCAA. Sometimes I would just run CPU vs CPU while I was compiling data or to test certain things. Hopefully these things improve next year.

Twitter - Twitch - Facebook - Website
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2015, 06:23 PM   #12
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Coach mode haven't been touched in any EA Sports game in YEARS. Definitely needs an over haul. And truth be told, NCAA Football 14 coach mode is better then any Madden coach mode simply because in Madden the QB don't scramble and you still have to control kicks. In NCAA you don't have to control kicks and QBs scramble on their own.

Spectator mode should be it's own separate mode.
Old 02-05-2015, 11:59 PM   #13
MVP

HC0023's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Coach mode haven't been touched in any EA Sports game in YEARS. Definitely needs an over haul. And truth be told, NCAA Football 14 coach mode is better then any Madden coach mode simply because in Madden the QB don't scramble and you still have to control kicks. In NCAA you don't have to control kicks and QBs scramble on their own.

Spectator mode should be it's own separate mode.
Well here is a easy fix for coach mode guys like myself for EA just Implement the same coach mode as NCAA did for there 2014 game. there fixed coach mode guys finally happy and even spectator mode also would be cool how about CPU VS CPU in franchise its really not that difficult to make this happen i agree with you gotmadskillz and every coach mode guy out there long overdue .

Last edited by HC0023; 02-06-2015 at 12:01 AM.
Old 02-06-2015, 02:19 PM   #14
Pro

majesty95's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by HC0023
Well here is a easy fix for coach mode guys like myself for EA just Implement the same coach mode as NCAA did for there 2014 game. there fixed coach mode guys finally happy and even spectator mode also would be cool how about CPU VS CPU in franchise its really not that difficult to make this happen i agree with you gotmadskillz and every coach mode guy out there long overdue .
Unfortunately its probably not that simple. I'm not sure how much of the code is portable since it was A. A different game and B. On a different system. It is likely that it all has to be coded from scratch which means it may take a year or two to get ti close to what NCAA has assuming they even have it on their to do list this year...

Twitter - Twitch - Facebook - Website
Old 02-06-2015, 02:49 PM   #15
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by majesty95
Unfortunately its probably not that simple. I'm not sure how much of the code is portable since it was A. A different game and B. On a different system. It is likely that it all has to be coded from scratch which means it may take a year or two to get ti close to what NCAA has assuming they even have it on their to do list this year...
Coding is no excuse at all for not having a proper coach mode. That is something NCAA has been doing for years, and there is no excuse for Madden not having it. They add new things every year that takes new coding.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2015, 01:59 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 2

Why would anybody want to play coach mode and watch CPU teams play CPU. ??? Why would anybody want to eat Raw fish. ? it's simply a matter of preference, taste and in some instances, because of personal issues. A video game SHOULD be able to be customized and have options to EVERYONE'S taste. Not just a selected few.. And don't say it can't be done. MLB the Show does it. Loaded with more Options than anyone will ever use. Madden 12 did it.. So why was it taken away.? Why would anybody want to be a COACH.. gee I don't know. Why do they have them in the NFL. Coaches don't run out and kick the ball, Coaches don't snap the ball, Coaches don't run on to the field and make a QB scramble. COACHES COACH. They take the talent that they have and work with them. They set up game plans, they call the plays, the stand on the sidelines and watch there team preform. And that is exactly what I want to do. Does that make me less of a Football fan.. Hell no. I want to use my brains, not my arthritic fingers and thumbs. I want to be able to visualize what I have created, developed, drafted, traded,.. play out before my eyes. Just like a real coach has to do. My decisions should contribute to my team winning or losing a game. Not my fingers and thumbs that don't work like they used to. So because I can't maneuver or react as quickly as I used to. Because it hurts me after long use of being a thumb Jockey, EA should deprive me of being able to enjoy a game that I love. There a hundreds of reasons a true COACH MODE and spectator mode should be added. It is selfish for EA to favor only certain people. And don't justify that it is too hard for them. that is BS. They had it before. There is absolutely no reason or excuse to have eliminated it. It is simply a matter of their choice . If it can be done in PLAY NOW mode it certainly can be added to Franchise Off line.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »