Home

Gronk Finds Madden Boring

This is a discussion on Gronk Finds Madden Boring within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2015, 06:19 PM   #9
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Gronk Finds Madden Boring

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I'd imagine that Madden does lose a bit of its luster if one is actually a high-level NFL football player, not only on account of the schematic and strategic depth still not present in Madden but also on account that one would probably want to use the downtime away from football to do non-football things at that point.

Beyond that, Gronk is certainly as entitled to his opinion as any of us here.
I am afraid people are missing the real reason by his quote of madden. Maybe he does not realize how to word it. Madden is boring because it lacks the MOMENTS that elicit an emotional response from the user. For instance...lets go back to the Ohio State vs Miami Hurricanes NC game...the PI call that literally influenced the outcome for the game. We will never see that in Madden B/C penalties are not even in the game. We will never see an incredible bomb overturned by an offensive PI. I will never see a CPU qb in madden literally over/underthrow a WR intentionally (or throw it away for that matter) Couple that with no offensive coordinators or d coord in CCM adn there really isnt an in depth involvement within a team. It literally is just status quo with Madden. It looks great and I do love the gameplay. Its just LEGACY issues that make this disappointing. The penalty sliders mixed with gameplay sliders are literally the only reason people play this game as long as they do....to get it to play right! LMAO
Old 02-06-2015, 06:58 PM   #10
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty15
I am afraid people are missing the real reason by his quote of madden. Maybe he does not realize how to word it. Madden is boring because it lacks the MOMENTS that elicit an emotional response from the user. For instance...lets go back to the Ohio State vs Miami Hurricanes NC game...the PI call that literally influenced the outcome for the game. We will never see that in Madden B/C penalties are not even in the game. We will never see an incredible bomb overturned by an offensive PI. I will never see a CPU qb in madden literally over/underthrow a WR intentionally (or throw it away for that matter) Couple that with no offensive coordinators or d coord in CCM adn there really isnt an in depth involvement within a team. It literally is just status quo with Madden. It looks great and I do love the gameplay. Its just LEGACY issues that make this disappointing. The penalty sliders mixed with gameplay sliders are literally the only reason people play this game as long as they do....to get it to play right! LMAO
So NHL and COD have those things?

I don't think his statement of boredom is all that complex.
Old 02-06-2015, 09:10 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
I dunno, the time three touchdowns were scored in the last minute of the game, which was decided by a completed Hail Mary pass, was pretty exciting in my opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2015, 10:16 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 4

The crazy way Gronk acts, I seriously doubt he's a sim sports gamer like we are.
Old 02-06-2015, 10:48 PM   #13
Rookie

Thumbs down Re: Gronk Finds Madden Boring

Quote:
For instance...lets go back to the Ohio State vs Miami Hurricanes NC game...the PI call that literally influenced the outcome for the game. We will never see that in Madden B/C penalties are not even in the game.
I sure do hope you're not bringing up that call from 2003 because you actuallu think it was NOT P.I... I assure you it was. Gamble was being quite literally raped from the time the ball was snapped. The line judge was blind, biased or just wanted to go home(or most likely all 3), because a yellow marker should have been laying on the field BEFORE the ball ever made it to the Endzone! Bless your heart!...

You pathetic UM fans can cry your river and get over it already, seriously... It wasn't even close to a bad call, unless you're being biased. That's all besides the fact that OSU had the better team/coach/players and attitudes, especially that night.
Old 02-07-2015, 01:36 AM   #14
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthboundMysfit
I sure do hope you're not bringing up that call from 2003 because you actuallu think it was NOT P.I... I assure you it was. Gamble was being quite literally raped from the time the ball was snapped. The line judge was blind, biased or just wanted to go home(or most likely all 3), because a yellow marker should have been laying on the field BEFORE the ball ever made it to the Endzone! Bless your heart!...

You pathetic UM fans can cry your river and get over it already, seriously... It wasn't even close to a bad call, unless you're being biased. That's all besides the fact that OSU had the better team/coach/players and attitudes, especially that night.
I am a Longhorn fan my friend so holster your troll pistol. LOL That paticular play garners two different opinions and its clear where I stand on it as well as where you stand.
Old 02-07-2015, 01:38 AM   #15
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
So NHL and COD have those things?

I don't think his statement of boredom is all that complex.
Might not be. I was just using it as a segway into stating why I ALSO find it boring at times. He might not be that much into a game he plays literally 6-7 months out of the year.

As for COD, in the first three it did. I had emotional responses during all three iterations of it. More so anger...but I can honestly say all three were great games to me. NHL I never play although I might give it a shot this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2015, 10:23 AM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
I seriously doubt that if I was a professional baseball player in the middle of a 162 game season, I'd spend my downtime firing up MLB: The Show.
That's a reasonable thought, but it's always seemed to me that a lot of NFL players play Madden. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's what I've always thought. But at the same time, it could just be EA getting them on camera a lot as they've done over the years, to make it appear that "Madden is the game the pros play" to help build positive public perception.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »