Home

Madden 15: Making Free Agency Better

This is a discussion on Madden 15: Making Free Agency Better within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2015, 03:38 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Just like EA ignored franchise mode in Madden 12 - but they added over 100 community-requested features.

Just like EA ignored franchise mode in Madden 13 - but they introduced a completely redesigned online-enabled version of the mode.

Just like EA ignored franchise mode in Madden 25 - but they brought back a rebuilt Owner mode.

Just like EA ignored franchise mode in Madden 15 - but they added brand new gameplay mechanics and retooled portions of the mode based on user feedback from the previous two years of player usage.

EA is not ignoring franchise mode and they are well-aware that franchise players are a significant portion of their player base. You may see some franchise achievements tied to rewards in MUT, but franchise mode itself is not going anywhere and is not getting passed over for exclusive attention to MUT.
Lmao, you mean all those things that were already in the game a decade ago that they took out for no reason and/or are still broken? Now that they can make money on online features of the game, offline modes get little to no attention.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2015, 07:01 PM   #26
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11
Yeah I would like to see player stats and award history and the team's that player has played on. This is neededso all teams kan see what this player has done tthrough out his career.
Old 04-14-2015, 01:17 AM   #27
MVP

mjavon's Arena

Re: Madden 15: Making Free Agency Better

Some type of "hometown" dynamic would be cool to have - making it slightly easier for a team to sign a player who is either from near their location or attended college near their location.
Old 04-19-2015, 12:13 PM   #28
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

I am sure this has been said but I hate the fact we can only see a players overall rating during FA period. I always seem to sign the same players each CFM I do because I know their ratings beyond the overall. I call this "blind signing." No NFL teams signs any player without having full info on the player. That is my biggest thing right now.

I do like any ideas of improving the offseason. It is the lifeline of any CFM. It is hard to build a team with limited information. It is also hard to keep playing a CFM when one of the key parts of the game is so bland. Investing a little more time making the CFM better could greatly improve the game. I think a sign of a good dynasty/career mode is when you want to spend more time doing the off the field/court then playing the games. Madden is not there yet for me.
Old 04-21-2015, 09:14 PM   #29
Banned

Weird how EA is the company who made NCAA football, and yet their free agency system and draft system is so wack. Yes I know it's not the same people who work on the games but the NCAA recruiting system has been top notch for years. That is why I have an Xbox one and 360 because I still play NCAA football 14. The recrutliting system actually makes it seem like the players are real people and they have feelings. In madden I could be a 4-3 defensive team and targeting a 3-4 OLB and if I offered him the most money he would still come to my team.. And reluctantly play as a 4-3 OLB... I could have a overall 99 QB on my team and a overall 98 QB would still sign with my team. Football players aren't strippers. Money is not the only thing that factors in there decision and that's how it should be in madden
Old 04-26-2015, 07:55 PM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
I like alot of those suggestions and have one big one of my own. I always thought FA should have an element similar to recruiting in the old NCAA football franchise. You should be graded on different categories and be able to "pitch" those strengths to free agents. You lost in the AFC Championship game last season? Well pitch that to the free agent prospect to separate your team from the 2-14 team that is making the same offer as yours. Your city has nice weather all year round? Pitch that to the free agent to separate your team from the Buffalo team that has the same offer as you. Just upgraded your team facilities and got a new stadium? Pitch that to separate your team from the Raiders team that's making the same offer. I could go on and on with this. I assumed when the NCAA series was canceled that something like this would be coming to Madden, but it's been years and we've not seen anything like this.
Probably the best idea I've ever heard
Old 04-29-2015, 04:09 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 1

All good ideas and yes, having full access to "Player Cards" is a must but most importantly (for me, anyway) is that the CPU stop signing players based on ratings alone. Non-user teams really need to start factoring in performance and production first and foremost. I can't count how many times I see a reigning Defensive Player of the Year or sack leader sign as a back up with a team because, despite their great season, their overall is still in the 70s or low 80s.

It makes me wonder why the developers even put the Production rating in he game.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »