Home

Madden NFL 15: What Worked and What Didn't Work

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15: What Worked and What Didn't Work within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-22-2015, 12:37 AM   #33
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 15: What Worked and What Didn't Work

I like the Draft, the FA, and the Scouting. Everything else is pretty bad. The sim stats still need major work. At this point I don't even care about the presentation anymore. I realize that it's just never going to be good.

It's really awful that MLB the show, NBA 2k, and FIFA series have made so many great improvements and are a complete blast to play offline in owner modes, but Madden still has not made that leap yet.

Like I've said before, EA needs to re-write their Madden game.
Old 03-22-2015, 03:13 AM   #34
Rookie

balljonesjr's Arena

OVR: 8
Most definitely agree with the player sense not working CPU players have no idea what's going on. (Check cpu running backs on screens, cpu quarterbacks when the pocket collapse, check fbs and O-linemen open field blocking, check special team blocking 6 of the 11 are past midfield while you're getting brought down at the 20, check players catching the ball on 3rd and 5 on a drag or route out of the backfield going out 2 yards short, check Wr and Te not playing defense on poorly thrown balls, check cpu lbs on in routes and slants)

But what's worse is the fact that EA allows the CPU to get dumb when they cross the 30 or when it's winning in the 4th. I remember on a need for speed game you could turn off "come back" which forced cpu cars to crash and drive poorly to allow you to catch up. This is something in madden when you're losing the game allows you to comeback as if they don't want to hurt your feelings. I understand comebacks happen but geez. If you have played at least 3 season in ccf this has happened to you :down 20 in the 4th with 6 minutes left then you score now your down 13 with 5 minutes left in the game you kick off then the cpu fumbles. Now it's a 6 point game with 4 minutes left the cpu come out on there next drive and the qb takes 2 sacks then throws an pick 6 or fumbles for a defensive TD now you're winning by one with 2.5 minutes left and they turn it over again blah blah blah you win by 2 scores. What the heck is that easily the worst part of the game ... next to pre season games sounding exactly like the playoffs and super bowl.
Old 03-22-2015, 03:23 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 0
Rex Dickson doesn't value our opinions nor the company. Hell throw around analytic s, metacritic scores and what not, but at the end of the day the gamers decided your fate. He deosnt even interact with community he knew madden 15 was a subpar incomplete product and still billed as this new improvement. People are buying the TALK anymore PUT UP OR SHUT UP REX !!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2015, 12:37 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 34
"Confidence" needs to be scrapped. It creates superstars out of ordinary players, and completely throws online leagues out of balance. The same handful of users stay at or near the top every season because the more you win, the more of a PED Boost, the confidence rating gives you. On the otherside, if you are struggling, trying to rebuild a bad team, or just plain not that good, confidence hits will just tank your team and make them virtually impossible to play with.
Old 03-22-2015, 01:58 PM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
They could add different types of passing mechanics just like the Show has 1 button pitching, or a more advanced pitching with a power meter.

It's not necessarily the button style I dislike with Madden, it's the way the ball feels tied to wrs and they react to passing instantly. I'd rather they use a style like you find in All Pro Football and limit the users ability to take wrs off their routes and manually catch. It looks so unnatural.

This pick up and play tethered style is too easy and its an eye sore to the game.

I agree with the article, but legacy issues like the 15 year old passing system killed madden more than the new additions that didn't work.
So you don't like user catches? That's one thing i take pride in doing is user catching. I want control over my player and that's what I do. I take control of my players.
Old 03-22-2015, 02:06 PM   #38
Pro

Trick13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
"Confidence" needs to be scrapped. It creates superstars out of ordinary players, and completely throws online leagues out of balance. The same handful of users stay at or near the top every season because the more you win, the more of a PED Boost, the confidence rating gives you. On the otherside, if you are struggling, trying to rebuild a bad team, or just plain not that good, confidence hits will just tank your team and make them virtually impossible to play with.

Great point. I don't know if it needs to be removed, but it definitely needs some serious tweaking.

I would like to see the offseason bring about a normalizing effect - players' confidence would "gravitate" back to 50, no matter if they were above or below. Say a SB winning team - currently ends the season at 99 confidence nearly across the board - 99 confidence players should gravitate back to around 60 confidence. You should see a range in the offseason of 40-60.

To your point about the better teams/players always being "on the juice" the confidence scale should shift in a sort of way - meaning the guy who just won the SB would get less confidence for his success than a guy coming off 6-10 year for the same stats. Goals for players and teams should be dictated, in part, by the previous season. This would mean that a 7-9 team would have lower stat/win thresholds for improvement than a team coming off 10-6.

They could call it "Adaptive Progression System" or the "CFM's Parity Progression System"

This would be great as well for CFMs where there are a limited number of user teams and the CPU generally stinking at everything they attempt to do....
Old 03-22-2015, 02:52 PM   #39
Pro

Trick13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by grodbetatted
So you don't like user catches? That's one thing i take pride in doing is user catching. I want control over my player and that's what I do. I take control of my players.

User catching in M15 sucks - no consistency in the control over the animation that plays out, too much ability to change a route without proper reaction from the defenders. User defense is also hamstrung by similar issues - you know you need to go high and swat a pass - you hit swat button different ways but get the same damn animation or worse - you hit the button consistently the same way and never get the same animation to play out twice, never mind with any predictability.

EA and their dumb as heck, convoluted, ridiculous, arcade style precision modifier suck.

The best days of Madden are long gone and included user control through button timing - tap, press, hold - correlating to the animations that played out. The hold LT for "precision control" is lame, lame, lame!!!!!!!!!

The lack of controls from legacy gen aggravate me to no end - cut moves being gone are especially irritating. Every time I watch an NFL game I see players do that very thing over and over and over and there is no way in Madden to replicate it - lame.

There are no true "stick skills" left in Madden - there are just exploits, no variances in the moves that force you to be precise in your controller input - just rocket catches, turbo bowel jet interceptions, super defense auto turbo at the snap crap. Heck, you don't even have any varying controls for pass rush moves anymore - just pick a button and mash, maybe you get lucky, maybe not - no skill there...
Old 03-22-2015, 11:10 PM   #40
Pro

OVR: 5
Where this game fails is where many others like The Show succeed. There is no creativity allowed to the consumer, whether it is editing relocation teams or editing draft classes. I don't know if the NFL was the one that says "no editing, make sure we don't get sued" or the design team behind it but as it is now this is a skip in my book or a late season "cheap" buy once price comes down. The NCAA team was the one that got it right as far as replay value and editing not Madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »