Home

CPU vs. CPU in offline CFM? (Madden NFL 16)

This is a discussion on CPU vs. CPU in offline CFM? (Madden NFL 16) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 10:30 AM   #1
Banned

PatsSB2015's Arena

OVR: 0
CPU vs. CPU in offline CFM? (Madden NFL 16)

It's that time of year again. After a three year hiatus, will Madden NFL 16 bring back CPU vs. CPU in offline CFM?

To my understanding, Josh isn't in charge of CFM anymore, but instead Kolbe L., who once did MLB The Show. If memory serves me correctly, CPU vs. CPU was allowed in the season mode.

I'm not sure how much is being overhauled, but I hope this feature returns and if any news or confirmation either ways comes, please report it here.

Thank you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2015, 09:16 AM   #2
Banned

Bolieve's Arena

Re: CPU vs. CPU in offline CFM? (Madden NFL 16)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsSB2015
It's that time of year again. After a three year hiatus, will Madden NFL 16 bring back CPU vs. CPU in offline CFM?

To my understanding, Josh isn't in charge of CFM anymore, but instead Kolbe L., who once did MLB The Show. If memory serves me correctly, CPU vs. CPU was allowed in the season mode.

I'm not sure how much is being overhauled, but I hope this feature returns and if any news or confirmation either ways comes, please report it here.

Thank you.
I hope it's back in. If it is, I'll buy a Xbox One finally and buy it. Seriously, this needs to happen.
Old 05-27-2015, 04:34 PM   #3
Banned

PatsSB2015's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolieve
I hope it's back in. If it is, I'll buy a Xbox One finally and buy it. Seriously, this needs to happen.
I might do the same. Otherwise, I'll stick to the 360 version. Here's to hoping.
Old 05-28-2015, 08:24 PM   #4
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Cpu vs cpu is the only way I will buy it this year. Every year the game seems to be getting more of an RPG feel to it then a football game. Getting real sick of XP for players and coaches, that's not football, that's an RPG.
Old 05-28-2015, 08:53 PM   #5
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11

As a sim fan I have been missing this big time. I want to see games play out without my input on the stix.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2015, 10:52 PM   #6
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Well gamers, I just listened to The Sim Standard Radio Show and if what I heard is any indication, I doubt CPU v CPU is in Madden 16 CFM. To elaborate, someone called into the show discussing CPU v CPU, making the point that this ability had been in M12 and how displeased he was that CFM would have something like XP but no ability to watch other games, ie CPU v CPU. The reply was, paraphrasing, that's not something that's a priority because it's not something the majority of gamers want.

Now I share all that to say, this is not only their POV but is seemingly EA Tiburon's as well, regardless of the fact, which we all know too well, CPU v CPU ain't a feature, it's just a basic ability already in-game, that for whatever reason isn't unlocked or available in CFM. I don't even do the whole CPU v CPU watch games thang, I ain't that freaky in video games liking to watch but I completely understand what it is, why others enjoy it and that it makes zero sense it's not available in CFM. However, for whatever reason, EA Tiburon and even EAGCers seem to be very uninformed about it and seem to have no real idea of what it is. Same goes for true coach mode apparently, so I'm just putting it out there to you gamers that feel like CPU v CPU is common sense in sports sim video games and has been for a long time, which I agree with, that it ain't so common when it comes to those affiliated with developing Madden.
Old 05-28-2015, 10:57 PM   #7
Banned

DenverBornAndBred's Arena

Simple, I don't buy if there is no CPU vs CPU. The longevity in franchise for me comes from being a GM. Beating the CPU is boring. If I want to play head to head(which is all I do when I play anyway) I know my family or my boys will get it.
Old 05-29-2015, 07:47 AM   #8
Banned

PatsSB2015's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Well gamers, I just listened to The Sim Standard Radio Show and if what I heard is any indication, I doubt CPU v CPU is in Madden 16 CFM. To elaborate, someone called into the show discussing CPU v CPU, making the point that this ability had been in M12 and how displeased he was that CFM would have something like XP but no ability to watch other games, ie CPU v CPU. The reply was, paraphrasing, that's not something that's a priority because it's not something the majority of gamers want.

Now I share all that to say, this is not only their POV but is seemingly EA Tiburon's as well, regardless of the fact, which we all know too well, CPU v CPU ain't a feature, it's just a basic ability already in-game, that for whatever reason isn't unlocked or available in CFM. I don't even do the whole CPU v CPU watch games thang, I ain't that freaky in video games liking to watch but I completely understand what it is, why others enjoy it and that it makes zero sense it's not available in CFM. However, for whatever reason, EA Tiburon and even EAGCers seem to be very uninformed about it and seem to have no real idea of what it is. Same goes for true coach mode apparently, so I'm just putting it out there to you gamers that feel like CPU v CPU is common sense in sports sim video games and has been for a long time, which I agree with, that it ain't so common when it comes to those affiliated with developing Madden.
Yet it is an easy fix because I use the work around where I rate every 3rd string QB low and watch the CPU vs. CPU play in offline franchise mode. It's an easy fix, but they act like it's such a hard thing to put in. Very lazy.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »