Home

Formation Subs??

This is a discussion on Formation Subs?? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2015, 07:29 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Formation Subs??

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
I believe I recall something about removing manual formation subs to combat cheese tactics online in head to head games, which again, would show where the game is focused at; which is fine, as I see online games, real people versus other real people, as being the current and future direction of all games..
If that is the case, they should just disable them in online play. Doing something to help online play at the expense of offline play doesn't make much sense to me
Old 05-30-2015, 07:46 PM   #18
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Yes but the creation of CFM removed this. Keep in mind they only carried over in franchise so when they got rid of Franchise this workaround went away.
Yet if you go back to when they introduced Connected Careers Mode, there was a concerted effort to claim and assure people that Franchise mode wasn't gone, it was just combined with Superstar and Online Franchise. Heck they even went so far as to change CCM into Connected Franchise Mode the next year to further that notion.

I went back and read an article that said CCM had been worked on since late 2010, point being, going by those statements when CCM debuted, Cam Weber's claim about no longer removing things, the mode name change, as well as the apology letter to gamers about how important they know Franchise mode is, it makes no sense why they would remove any Franchise features with CCM, much less not having added them back by now.

Here we are in the 3rd edition of this new Franchise mode, yet it still lacks features, like formation subs, game plans and CPU v CPU, from the old Franchise mode.
Old 05-30-2015, 08:08 PM   #19
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Yet if you go back to when they introduced Connected Careers Mode, there was a concerted effort to claim and assure people that Franchise mode wasn't gone, it was just combined with Superstar and Online Franchise. Heck they even went so far as to change CCM into Connected Franchise Mode the next year to further that notion.

I went back and read an article that said CCM had been worked on since late 2010, point being, going by those statements when CCM debuted, Cam Weber's claim about no longer removing things, the mode name change, as well as the apology letter to gamers about how important they know Franchise mode is, it makes no sense why they would remove any Franchise features with CCM, much less not having added them back by now.

Here we are in the 3rd edition of this new Franchise mode, yet it still lacks features, like formation subs, game plans and CPU v CPU, from the old Franchise mode.
I will defend Madden a little before I rip into it:

It isnt the only game that removed stuff from its game recently. NBA 2k14 took away 30 team control and other features from its franchise mode. Fifa eliminated Tournament mode. NHL took away Season mode.

The difference is THE NEXT YEAR THOSE FEATURES WERE BACK IN THE GAME!

What kills me about this is that I'm a solutions oriented person. If you give me a workaround, I wont complain about having to do the workaround....I'll just use the workaround.

When they took away out of game formation subs in I think Madden 09, I was pissed until i realized that the formation subs stuck in Franchise if you changed them. Out of game formation subs were easier to manage but there was a workaround for it so I was cool.

Fast forward to the creation of CCM when they took away the formation subs sticking. I was pissed about that too but you know what? I'm the type of guy who is willing to change formation subs each game in order to get realistic lineups. I'm willing to do it for my team and the CPU.

Guess what? You cant even do that. Even if you control all 32 teams, you cant switch teams during the game. Even if you control all 32 teams, you cant even put a second controller on the cpu controlled team and switch it back during the game.

So there is no way for us to do anything but control anything other than the user controlled formation subs..

CCM is the absolute worst franchise mode I've ever seen for an AAA title and I've played them all. It has zero flexibility and the additions to it are pretty much useless. I'm hoping that within a year or 2, EA gets a clue and dumps this abomination.
Old 05-30-2015, 10:31 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I will defend Madden a little before I rip into it:

It isnt the only game that removed stuff from its game recently. NBA 2k14 took away 30 team control and other features from its franchise mode. Fifa eliminated Tournament mode. NHL took away Season mode.

The difference is THE NEXT YEAR THOSE FEATURES WERE BACK IN THE GAME!

What kills me about this is that I'm a solutions oriented person. If you give me a workaround, I wont complain about having to do the workaround....I'll just use the workaround.

When they took away out of game formation subs in I think Madden 09, I was pissed until i realized that the formation subs stuck in Franchise if you changed them. Out of game formation subs were easier to manage but there was a workaround for it so I was cool.

Fast forward to the creation of CCM when they took away the formation subs sticking. I was pissed about that too but you know what? I'm the type of guy who is willing to change formation subs each game in order to get realistic lineups. I'm willing to do it for my team and the CPU.

Guess what? You cant even do that. Even if you control all 32 teams, you cant switch teams during the game. Even if you control all 32 teams, you cant even put a second controller on the cpu controlled team and switch it back during the game.

So there is no way for us to do anything but control anything other than the user controlled formation subs..

CCM is the absolute worst franchise mode I've ever seen for an AAA title and I've played them all. It has zero flexibility and the additions to it are pretty much useless. I'm hoping that within a year or 2, EA gets a clue and dumps this abomination.
That's pretty much how I feel about this. I wasn't complaining about formations subs either when the in game work around was available. They killed me when they took that away. It kills me that I can't set up the CPU subs the way I want.
Old 05-30-2015, 11:07 PM   #21
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

I haven't played madden in a few years so there is no way to get my backup HB carries without the starter being taken out for fatigue ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2015, 11:09 PM   #22
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
I haven't played madden in a few years so there is no way to get my backup HB carries without the starter being taken out for fatigue ?
No you can sub in/out at any time at playcall screen. There's just no way of doing any pre-subs for certain formations outside of the game.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 05-30-2015, 11:10 PM   #23
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
There are two things you can do:

1 - most formations have a "spell HB" package substitution on the right thumbstick. Selecting this will get the second RB on the depth chart into the game.

2 - R1 / RB on the play calling screen (IIRC) while viewing a formation will allow for in-game formation substitutions, which are in the game and have been in the game for a couple years. The interface is clunky, but it's there.
Old 05-30-2015, 11:14 PM   #24
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Well it's still a shame it's not in but atleast I have someway of getting my backup some touches. But I don't me doing it on defense if it's that complicated

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »