Home

Will Teams Finally Have Different Play Style?

This is a discussion on Will Teams Finally Have Different Play Style? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2015, 03:02 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 6
Will Teams Finally Have Different Play Style?

One thing that bothers me the most about all EA games whether it's Fifa, NHL or Madden games and I am NOT ALONE when I say this because everyone is bothered by this: Every team plays alike. This is next gen please make players/teams play differently like they do in real life. If last gen games like College Hoops can do it I don't see why can't a sports game this gen can't? No more excuses.

I remember last gen developers were saying they can't add features they want to add due to hardware or disc limitation. Well this is Next Gen there is no more excuses.

Last edited by UWfan206; 05-29-2015 at 03:05 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2015, 04:15 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Will Teams Finally Have Different Play Style?

Totally agree man, well said
Old 05-29-2015, 09:03 AM   #3
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UWfan206
One thing that bothers me the most about all EA games whether it's Fifa, NHL or Madden games and I am NOT ALONE when I say this because everyone is bothered by this: Every team plays alike. This is next gen please make players/teams play differently like they do in real life. If last gen games like College Hoops can do it I don't see why can't a sports game this gen can't? No more excuses.

I remember last gen developers were saying they can't add features they want to add due to hardware or disc limitation. Well this is Next Gen there is no more excuses.
Agreed. Also in franchise mode when a team gets a new coach they should use that new coach's playbook and scheme.
Old 05-29-2015, 10:09 AM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Agreed. Also in franchise mode when a team gets a new coach they should use that new coach's playbook and scheme.

Yes what u brought up is also a must. It bothers me seeing the Seahawks play like the Indianapolis Colts.
Old 05-29-2015, 10:27 AM   #5
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

They'd only add different playing styles to the stars of the league. Remember when the world was astonished that Peyton Manning took the whole play clock calling audibles and Omahas in Madden like he does in real life? How frustrating was going against him in Madden lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2015, 02:32 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datninja619
They'd only add different playing styles to the stars of the league. Remember when the world was astonished that Peyton Manning took the whole play clock calling audibles and Omahas in Madden like he does in real life? How frustrating was going against him in Madden lol
But yet Marshawn Lynch runs like Jamal Charles...I want to see each team and each players play differently.
Old 05-29-2015, 02:34 PM   #7
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Agreed. Teams play way too similar. They should at least add the no huddle option NCAA had as teams will use that - some more than others. And not just inside 2 minutes.
Old 05-30-2015, 04:06 AM   #8
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Until they mess with gameplans and use them to their full capability most teams will pretty much play the same. So many playbooks have slants and curls for every situation and out of multiple formations that it kills a lot of the variety. You've got them only using 20 plays per situation when it can be unlimited and then almost a quarter of them are the same two plays. It's really a shame too because they could create custom coaches with crazy playbooks that come into CFM and bring some life and it just doesn't happen and to make it worse you can't apply custom gameplans/playbooks to the CPU in CFM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »