Home

The Madden Football Game

This is a discussion on The Madden Football Game within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2015, 03:32 PM   #41
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: The Madden Football Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Part of me wants to say that missed snap is a bug or otherwise not intended to happen. It looks like the RB bumps the QB when he releases to run his route, which forces the QB to slide in mid-air while in his "jump to catch the high snap" animation that the old games had.

Nevertheless, it is cool to see.
That actually makes more sense than them actually simulating something in Madden.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2015, 08:09 PM   #42
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Part of me wants to say that missed snap is a bug or otherwise not intended to happen. It looks like the RB bumps the QB when he releases to run his route, which forces the QB to slide in mid-air while in his "jump to catch the high snap" animation that the old games had.

Nevertheless, it is cool to see.
I don't know man. Ball still went over the QB's hands and was pretty high.
At least I want to see it that way.
Otherwise we only get realistic "busted plays" if it's a glitch Lol

How much does that play add to the randomness and uncertainty of gameplay though. Pretty cool how that little bit right there adds so much yet EA (So far) doesn't see it that way.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 06-14-2015, 08:16 PM   #43
Rookie

Aolian_Am's Arena

OVR: 2

First I want to say how there is a big difference in User vs. AI and User vs. User gameplay. So often times you'll see people arguing about stuff that other people can't really comprehend because there thinking in the oppisite way. So after saying that let me give you some of my feelings on both subjects.

User vs. AI
I usually start off every year play franchise at first. Starting on All-Pro at the beginning there is a small learning curve but I usually end the year undefeated. Than I start messing with sliders until I get to the point where either A.) I get frustrated because no matter how good the team I'm playing is, it will end out in a shootout, with me ending every year as the 32nd D and the 1st O. Or B.) I win every game but I can kind of keep the stats realistic. It really frustrates me because one of the biggest reasons I want to play Madden is to build my team, and draft/scout players, and see how the other teams around the league evolve. But it doesn't matter because when it comes to when they play my team, no matter if there the last place worst put together team, they still pretty much play like every other team.

User vs. User
Now after I get to the breaking point on Franchise I move to Ranked online matches, and spend most of my time playing that until the next year of Madden. I have played A LOT of online ranked matches and grown a lot since I started. I used to be like a lot people on here complaining about people "cheesing" and all the gimmicky stuff you can come across Online against random people, but you also get the best games of football when playing another user. You'll come across some of the most gimmicky crap that can frustrate the hell out of you, but the better you get at playing Defense and anticipating that kind of stuff the better you will get at stopping them. The hardest people you will face are the ones who play the game right. The people who know how the plays are designed and how to play Defense right are the people who are really going to give you fits. You can start to identify trends in what people do from year to year, and from team to team. The better you get at playing vs other users the more you will see how great this game plays. I could only imagine being in a full 32 team league with other good players would be like. That is probably the most realistic form of Football you are going to get, it just sucks it is so hard to find 31 other people to do that with.

P.S.
So far there are only 3 ways you can cheat online, or that I have encountered.

1.) If your opponent is about to kick a game winning FG and lets the clock run down to 3 seconds. If you pause the game, when the game resumes it doesn't give the game enough time to register a T/O. A similiar cheat is can happen if you let the play clock run down to 10 seconds before picking a play. If someone pauses the game it forces you into calling a T/O or taking a penalty.

2.) How don't know how people do it but there is some kind of pause cheat where the game will stay paused pass the 30 second time limit. If someone is doing this to you, hit resume and after a certain time limit the game will kick the other guy for grieving. Encoutered it twice and both times the guy got kicked.

3.) Only encountered once, but some guy was playing in some formation on D and lining up his ILB over the DT. When I would snap the ball it caused the DT to disrupt the Snap, forcing me into playing Shotgun the rest of the game.
Old 06-15-2015, 10:05 AM   #44
Pro

VinnyVegas28's Arena

OVR: 0

I would like to see animation overhaul and signature player animations for qb and rb. Also like to feel weight and momentum like the ps2 days. Improved AI and clock mngmt. And improve commentary and presentation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »