Home

Madden 16 Relocation Uniforms

This is a discussion on Madden 16 Relocation Uniforms within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2015, 12:22 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 42
Re: Madden 16 Relocation Uniforms

Quote:
Originally Posted by VdaStampede
fair enough i'm not much of an online gamer, but there again is a pretty easy answer just don't allow created teams online at all.
You still got social media and new things like Twitch to deal with.
Old 07-30-2015, 12:31 PM   #18
Banned

VdaStampede's Arena

OVR: 0

And? Madden still allows editing lets not pretend like there's zero customization in Madden. You can name your players, coaches, or owner just about anything you want. If those things were actual concerns you wouldn't be allowed to edit anything. It's just a strange line they're drawing and right now I don't think anyone but them knows the real reason behind it.
Old 07-30-2015, 12:58 PM   #19
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by VdaStampede
And? Madden still allows editing lets not pretend like there's zero customization in Madden. You can name your players, coaches, or owner just about anything you want. If those things were actual concerns you wouldn't be allowed to edit anything. It's just a strange line they're drawing and right now I don't think anyone but them knows the real reason behind it.
Just going by the things I have read from articles and working back from there.

But logic suggests that EA has a legitimate reason for not doing it...despite what some suggest, they aren't doing it to "annoy" of "lose" potential customers.

Legal and image concerns seem the most viable to me.
Old 07-31-2015, 04:48 PM   #20
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by deaduck
Well, with the connected nature of the game and the steep rise in social media, I can see the NFL's concerns. Say if the user of the pink Oakland uniforms named them, the grossly offensive slur, The Butt Raiders and posted a 30 year dynasty to a YouTube channel.

Stuff like this comes down to considering the worst possible outcomes from some kinds of people.

This is why we can't have good things.
There are ways to keep that from happening such as a database with hundreds of league approved names. Nothing crazy but normal team names (Tigers, Gladiators, Vipers etc). And you cant mess with existing teams colors but can create alternate uniforms for them.
Old 07-31-2015, 11:43 PM   #21
MVP

dpower15's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm good with the preset locations to move to, but I wish that you could use the mascots/jerseys for any city you pick. And there should be more jerseys to choose from. Should be a minimum of 2 helmets, 3 jerseys, 3 pants, 2 socks for each preset.

And the more they can make the relocation teams integrate seamlessly with commentary, stadium appearance etc. the better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2015, 12:13 AM   #22
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpower15
I'm good with the preset locations to move to, but I wish that you could use the mascots/jerseys for any city you pick. And there should be more jerseys to choose from. Should be a minimum of 2 helmets, 3 jerseys, 3 pants, 2 socks for each preset.
Some of the names are tied pretty closely to the host city but I get your point. More options are always better. And i said the same thing earlier about more jersey/ pants / socks options. Not against a second helmet, but not a big deal to me personally.

A question to anyone...I know you can do it with existing NFL teams but if you relocate a second time...can you take the created name with you? Say the Memphis Steamers move to a vacated Cleveland and keep the team name?
Old 08-01-2015, 12:44 AM   #23
Banned

VdaStampede's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by deaduck
A question to anyone...I know you can do it with existing NFL teams but if you relocate a second time...can you take the created name with you? Say the Memphis Steamers move to a vacated Cleveland and keep the team name?
I did that all the time on M25 not sure if you could still do it last year. I had the LA Bulldogs, LA Blues, and a couple of others I can't remember right now.

One thing though just because Cleveland may be vacated I don't think that means you can move a team there. Your relocation has to be to a city on the preset list regardless of other vacated cities. It should work like that but it doesn't at least the last time I played.
Old 08-01-2015, 09:04 AM   #24
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpower15

And the more they can make the relocation teams integrate seamlessly with commentary, stadium appearance etc. the better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would be fine with this option but only if they also let us choose the colors and style of the uniforms. They can keep all the current cities and just give you list of every team name to choose from. It would be better than having 2-3 choices which sometimes are terrible or have uniforms that are so incredibly ugly (I'm looking at you Portland Lumberjacks)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »