Home

We NEED to be able to CONTROL our CCM!

This is a discussion on We NEED to be able to CONTROL our CCM! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2015, 05:22 PM   #73
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: We NEED to be able to CONTROL our CCM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
I admittedly don't have a full understanding of Madden code or design either, but I am also making an educated guess. If it takes that much effort to allow roster editing, then CFM was not designed very well. I've been involved in designing and writing enough very sophisticated software to know that a good design should make roster editing a doable change. In a good design, even XP/Goals could be made to change dynamically after a roster edit.

I'm a little sensitive about this. Even more now with what appears to be some very encouraging game play changes. Just makes me dislike XP/Goals and CFM that much more. Feel bad for me!!!! cause after the Kolbe/Shopmaster interview, the future doesn't look good for me.

Seems very short sighted of the original CCM design team to create something so limited.
I hear you.It makes me want to just play '12 or even break out the ps2 and play '05 or something because despite the gameplay,a worthwhile franchise mode is a must for me.
Old 06-22-2015, 05:57 PM   #74
MVP

OVR: 0

I've been away from this board for quite some time, since I realized that Connected Careers meant the death of Offline Franchise Mode as we knew it. It's been Madden 12 for me with updated rosters for the past 3 1/2 years.

I'm amazed at the fact that so many gamers are still fighting the good fight in an attempt to bring back player customization, working sliders, playcall screen based on pre-set gameplan and substitution packages that actually save. Cheers to all who continue to fight that good fight.

I'm even more amazed that XP, storylines, twitter feeds, in-game player challenges{gain so many yards in this game, complete so and so passes in a row, etc} have been deemed more important than basic core functions of real football.

In my humble opinion, the only way to fix these issues is to, once again, separate offline and online franchise modes, unless EA decides to release a playable version of head coach. For me, it's yet another year of M12...
Old 06-22-2015, 08:57 PM   #75
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
I agree. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but M16 will be the 4th year of CFM, correct? Either way I'm struggling to name any SIGNIFICANT improvements since the mode has been introduced. Sure they have tweaked and redone some things, but I certainly don't see 3 or 4 years worth of improvements when I play.

Some people may think that the guys who are Pro Editing want to build Super Teams and things of that nature, but that's simply not true... Although I'm sure some people would abuse it, but if it's offline what's the big deal, honestly?

For me I want to mainly use it to rename players or give players who are playing well/bad in real life a bump/hit. Take NBA 2k15 for example. I was playing as the Pelicans and when Hassan Whiteside started playing so well for the Heat I was able to edit him from the mid 60's to the high 70's (the same rating that 2k updated him to) mid-way through my first season.

Also, EA doesn't have the greatest track record when it comes to their own ratings/traits. Imagine how many complaints could have been squashed last year if we could fix WR's speed dropping to the 50's and 60's bc they missed their catch goal or give drafted QB's the Throw Ball Away Trait to help with the sack issue.

Most people aren't trying to break or take advantage of the game here. They just want players to play more like themselves without starting over.
This is pretty how I use the edit feature. I definitely like to tweak breakout players throughout the season from real life. I've started my franchise all the way over so I can update a breakout player because he was garbage in my franchise from the beginning of the season ratings. Sucks having to do that. Being able to edit players during your franchise eliminates that. I miss this feature a lot and I really hope it returns by next year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2015, 09:00 PM   #76
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Editing players is currently 18th in votes on items people are voting on.

Go make a difference, I did.

http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque....google.com%2F
Old 06-22-2015, 11:04 PM   #77
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Editing players is currently 18th in votes on items people are voting on.

Go make a difference, I did.

http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque....google.com%2F
Wow that list makes me realize how much nothing has been done to improve ccm since its implementation.
Old 06-22-2015, 11:13 PM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 2

Madden, NHL and FIFA have all lack of control of Franshise modes. Give us they freedom of customization. Like customization in MLB the Show or draft classes like NBA2k has. They could have Teambuilder like they had for NCAA. For Jersey, Helmet, Gloves for madden Jersey,Helmet, Gloves, Goalie mask, skates, sticks on top for NHL. For FIFA Balls, Boots. I bet if they had Teambuilder every game would be better. There give so much talent in community (like OSFN roster for MLB the show) community.
Old 06-22-2015, 11:32 PM   #79
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Sure, opening the option can be done easily. The UI already exists, offline player editing already exists for Play Now, etc. etc.

Opening the edit player option in CFM doesn't implement the sync-to-server logic for ratings changes to persist changes in the first place; that doesn't exist currently.

Opening the option doesn't implement security for player editing in online franchise, to prevent any and all users from editing any team freely. For example, say a malicious user in your CFM decided to edit every player on your team to OVR 0. Just opening the option up allows him to do this, since by default anyone can edit any team if the option is just opened up free-for-all.

Opening the option doesn't restrict player editing to just commissioners or implement a public-facing "Allow edit players" option for users joining CFMs to see.

Opening the option doesn't ensure the user doesn't corrupt the CFM data server-side with faulty changes and wreck the franchise for all players involved.

Just "opening the option" up doesn't fully implement player editing in a manner which this community would be happy with. It just opens up a whole 'nother can of worms for the dev team to deal with which they haven't budgeted for in this cycle.

All of your what if's are centered around "Online" gaming, which is the issue.

Online gaming is based off the CFM data stored in their cloud servers, which would prevent any type of editing (especially with multiple profiles tied to an online league) because online gameplay loads from the cloud servers stored game-point data, not the gamers.

Just like the online server roster that's needed to play online, online CFM's function under the same protocols.

So online CFM editing would continue to follow the current established protocol, "You Can't".

Offline is a different story though and is the reason Offline gamers are asking to be given access to what's already there.
There's nothing new being implemented, which would not cause any issues because it's already there for use.

Just like various gameplay sliders in the M15 Profile save (xbox 360), the tabs are hidden/locked from the gamer.

(these are just a few)
Attached Images
File Type: png hidden slider2.png (63.6 KB, 84 views)
File Type: png hidden slider1.png (53.7 KB, 83 views)
Old 06-23-2015, 10:09 AM   #80
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Wow that list makes me realize how much nothing has been done to improve ccm since its implementation.
Several of those things on that list were worked on for this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »