Home

Does Madden need more pre snap animations?

This is a discussion on Does Madden need more pre snap animations? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2015, 10:58 AM   #1
Pro

PRAY IV M3RCY's Arena

OVR: 4
Does Madden need more pre snap animations?

As of right now all the players are just robots going to their designated spots on the field. Doesn't the immersion stop when you see the wide receivers shuffle into their stance on the field? Every single one of them has the same animation when they line up on the the outside. Its the same with defensive backs too. I also hate seeing the lack of interaction between defensive players before the snap. You don't see linebackers directing where thè ball may go or defensive backs interacting with each other about who is covering who. How about defensive lineman with various stances at the line? Each one pointing to where the ball may go. I haven't even discussed the amount of taunting that goes on as well.

How about the offensive line. The center does a lot of things before the snap. That should show in madden. We still need more qb animations pre snap as well. What do y'all think?

Last edited by PRAY IV M3RCY; 06-18-2015 at 01:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2015, 11:17 AM   #2
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Does Madden need more pre snap animations?

I feel like I need to revisit M15 and look a the pre-snap slowed down. I do recall the linebacker animation though. When he is shuffling towards the line and back to his spot. Usually I'm like "HURRY UP AND GET BACK!!!" lol. And of-course the QB points.

More pre-snap animations would be nice, but needs to be limited imo. I can already see players getting pissed because their safety walked into the box like he was going to get blitz, then gets beat deep.

Adding pointing for each position doesn't seem like a huge impact unless they tie the pointing to a adjustments (similar to QB hot routes).

Hey for all we know, M16 could have what your talking about.
Old 06-18-2015, 11:43 AM   #3
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

I definitely think so. They just need more general animations when it comes to breaking from the huddle and lining up. Stuff like a WR/TE going to one side and the QB making him go to the correct side is stuff that would be huge. And then when you see the players go to line up and then you can see the transition where they kind of hunch over and get locked into the spot where they line up looks really odd. More variation could go a long way.

Same goes for defense. Less static, on your heels type line up. Doesn't look good when you've got 6-7 guys all in the exact same stance prior to the snap. Stuff like DB's communicating and just moving pre-snap would add a lot.
Old 06-18-2015, 11:45 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

I don't really care. Sure, it would be cool to see for the first time a mlb pointing/adjusting his helmet giving that vibe that maybe he is called out coverage schemes to the cbs/safeties. But really after the first i won't even bother looking for it. Same goes for cut scenes, just skip them after a while. Same old song and dance. Having said that though it would be cool to see after you score a td that a player leaps into the stands to have fans pat him on the helmet/shoulder pads or a player to toss a football into the stands for a lucky fan and you see their reaction. Id like create a fan feature. Create yourself, picking what your fav team is. Have it so that your creation pops up in other players online/offline franchise mode (either as the fav team your playing as or the opponent for that week) so you don't see the same "fan" twice. So say i made me and pick the panthers. If someone is playing against the panthers in game, they may see me in the stands or during a td. Probobly too hard as the quality on the field would suffer. Game would have to load alot of people in the crowd. or perhaps the game could load 3 "fans" per drive and the rest of the crowd being like it is now?

Last edited by pantherfan_forever17; 06-18-2015 at 11:48 AM.
Old 06-18-2015, 11:51 AM   #5
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

It definitely does, too stale, stiff and robotic. Especially the qb calling audibles. That **** looks terrible. Defensive players still sliding and clipping and shuffling their feet. The QB walkups are still disjointed. Just kills all the immersion. Just not enough variety and lifelike animation.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain

Last edited by SageInfinite; 06-18-2015 at 12:04 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2015, 12:07 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
It definitely does, too stale, stiff and robotic. Especially the qb calling audibles. That **** looks terrible. Defensive players still sliding and clipping and shuffling their feet. The QB walkups are still disjointed. Just kills all the immersion. Just not enough variety and lifelike animation.

Well said Sage! Post and pre-play animations need tons of work. Watching the hurry up offense being ran is a major eye sore to say the least.
Old 06-18-2015, 12:20 PM   #7
Pro

adub88's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
It definitely does, too stale, stiff and robotic. Especially the qb calling audibles. That **** looks terrible. Defensive players still sliding and clipping and shuffling their feet. Just kills all the immersion. Just not enough variety and lifelike animation.
Biggest pet peeve in this regard is the QB audible animation. The same stiff animations have been in for years. I want preface this by saying props to the dev team, Larry Rihart. My only issue is why do so much work with QB loco etc, but why not work on new throwing animations and audible animations to make everything complete?

Last edited by adub88; 06-18-2015 at 12:23 PM.
Old 06-18-2015, 12:38 PM   #8
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Good post and yes I agree

NCAA 14 had good no huddle animations, QB looking to sideline and communicating the call, o line heads are up and looking around, WRs looking for the signal. It would b cool to see madden take that and add in more and more

I also loved NCAA personnel based no huddle play calling.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.

Last edited by The JareBear; 06-18-2015 at 12:47 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »