Home

Have injuries finally been reworked in 16?

This is a discussion on Have injuries finally been reworked in 16? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2015, 06:52 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Have injuries finally been reworked in 16?

Has there been any word on in-game injuries being updated / reworked?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2015, 08:10 PM   #2
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Have injuries finally been reworked in 16?

I've been asking this to JP but no one got back to me. So I take as being one of those things that they just want us to see for ourselves once the game drops. Also Team Abbreviations on players cards to let us know what team each player has been with.
Old 06-20-2015, 11:04 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Head coach 09 had a more advanced injury system than madden 15.

No OL and DL In game injuries is an immersion killer. Please please please update injuries EA. it's 2015. Other sport franchises track individual body part health with degradation over time just like head coach 09 did!

Also, injuries shouldn't be on/off in the sense that there should be some injuries players can play thru with % subtracted from attributes, perhaps based on players toughness rating.
Old 06-22-2015, 09:56 PM   #4
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

OVR: 5

I use increased fatigue, and injury sliders and it works wonders. I say this in many threads, the sliders are the key to unlocking the game's potential out of the box.

On default it's just so casuals can play and have fun.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2047473988
Old 06-22-2015, 11:23 PM   #5
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakersville123
Head coach 09 had a more advanced injury system than madden 15.

No OL and DL In game injuries is an immersion killer. Please please please update injuries EA. it's 2015. Other sport franchises track individual body part health with degradation over time just like head coach 09 did!

Also, injuries shouldn't be on/off in the sense that there should be some injuries players can play thru with % subtracted from attributes, perhaps based on players toughness rating.
I've had o-linemen get injured before?

I've had the trio of Tyron Smith, Travis Frederick and Doug Free all get hurt at some point this season.

Rare (as it should be) but it does happen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2015, 11:29 PM   #6
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batum Shaka Laka
I've had o-linemen get injured before?

I've had the trio of Tyron Smith, Travis Frederick and Doug Free all get hurt at some point this season.

Rare (as it should be) but it does happen.
You actually played games and had O llinemen get hurt? Does not count if you simmed. I have only ever seen o linemen get hurt in simmed games, never in played games.
Old 06-22-2015, 11:46 PM   #7
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
You actually played games and had O llinemen get hurt? Does not count if you simmed. I have only ever seen o linemen get hurt in simmed games, never in played games.
That I have. Had it happen a few times.

Usually in ranked games - on screens in particular. Also had it happen on a draw play, and regular drop back.

During the regular drop back my lineman was completely flattened by the defender with one push (bull rush power move).

It does happen.

I actually had happen in one CFM when my center (Frederick) was my long snapper on a field goal.
Old 06-22-2015, 11:50 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
Just an FYI, Clint Oldenburg tweeted about this last year. O Lineman won't ever get hurt in a played game. They get hurt only in simmed games. He would not elaborate on the reason why. Apparently something would break if they changed it, according to him. Also, sliders can't fix the injury system in Madden. Either a player is OUT or 100% healthy. That's not close to realistic. What people are asking for is injury statuses, you know, like in the real NFL. Probable, Doubtful, Questionable and Out. Players can play hurt, with noticeable changes to their ability to perform or risk of further injury. Real time injuries should also be in the game. Guys should pull their hamstrings on plays and come up limping. Twisted ankles, knees, etc. etc.

There is a lot of work to be done to bring Madden up to speed with the old games for injuries and it would go a long way into making the game feel immersive and authentic. Since this has been something being asked for for about 8 years with no dice, my guess is that it won't happen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »