Home

Madden NFL 16 Presentation Details

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16 Presentation Details within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-10-2015, 05:01 PM   #241
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 16 Presentation Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by VdaStampede
For FIFA it only hasn't been brought to next gen because of tech. It's still active for last gen from what I can tell.

MLB has Diamond Dynasty which allows you to create a team for online unless that's gone now too?
Yea I don't consider those types of modes as create a team. To me create a team is where you create a team and then you can use them in Franchise, GM, career modes. But yea that is still in MLB.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2015, 05:43 PM   #242
Rookie

Skyhook71's Arena

I’m a huge presentation guy, and have been since I first realized how Madden was able to make the jump from my SNES days, to PS1 days. I’ll never forget the Christmas of 97’ and being blown away by the intro, sounds, commentary, and the classic teams and such on the PS.

Here we are almost 20 years later and we are still seeing lots of room for improvement, and there have been lots of improvements made, and we have come a long ways. One gripe I have is that when we do make 2-3 steps forward, we tend to take 5 back. (ie: take some good features out of the game, and then put back in etc.)

What I’m concerned about this year, is the issues that plagued a very good game last year. Have at least most of them been removed? IMHO Last year’s madden was one of the all-time buggiest game I ever had. That thread we had was filled with lots of valid complaints, which I hope were addressed this year.

I’m also concerned about the blanket animations that we keep seeing a lot in these madden games. For instance; even with the small amounts of vids being shown, already I’m seeing a lot of repetitive and blanket animations in M16. Every time the QB runs into the huddle, you have the same blanket animation of seeing him get tapped on the helmet in every game. Eli got tapped, then Morita (sp) when he got out onto the field and all of the other QBs in the other vids. Please make a variety of animations if we are going to include things like that in the game. It makes the game look very stale by the 3rd game in.

That reminds me…..
The sub glitch that would happen when the QB you had just benched would be shown running out onto the field in last year’s blanket animation. Will that again happen this year since it seems like a cut scene? Are the challenges more accurate? Reasonable, can you actually challenge things in the game and not just the spot of the ball?

I would like to see those things fixed in the presentation and in game play before I would worry about anything else. Although with that said, I’m right along with everyone about wants and gripes. Because we don’t want to spend $65 on just a madden 15 update. But I’ll wait and see what comes down the pipeline before I get too aggressive with my judgement.
Old 07-10-2015, 07:25 PM   #243
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

One day Madden will put everything people want in the game, and then a New majority will complain that it looks too real, or they need to add a full length halftime report worth 10 minutes. Or have broadcasters have a pre-game show for a half hour before the game, and have live announcers in game at all times from the community or add a weekly recap that shows highlights from every game, etc.

Nothing will ever be perfect. 2k had the worst draft ever, just because their pres. Was better, doesn't mean everything was.

Rome wasn't built in a day, be patient and trust the process. These new guys are going in the right direction

Last edited by BreakingBad2013; 07-10-2015 at 07:28 PM.
Old 07-10-2015, 07:43 PM   #244
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakingBad2013
One day Madden will put everything people want in the game, and then a New majority will complain that it looks too real, or they need to add a full length halftime report worth 10 minutes. Or have broadcasters have a pre-game show for a half hour before the game, and have live announcers in game at all times from the community or add a weekly recap that shows highlights from every game, etc.

Nothing will ever be perfect. 2k had the worst draft ever, just because their pres. Was better, doesn't mean everything was.

Rome wasn't built in a day, be patient and trust the process. These new guys are going in the right direction
Most people don't ask for perfection, just consistency, clear effort and direction. This team has definitely made some strides, but they still have a ways to go.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain

Last edited by SageInfinite; 07-11-2015 at 09:23 PM.
Old 07-10-2015, 11:16 PM   #245
Pro

Step2001's Arena

OVR: 9

Audio & Visual Presentation...........Will it connect every year played OR will it still feel like playing a single season every year with NO reference to the Super Bowl Champs etc. etc.?

If not, then I'm disappointed. What more do I want? NFL HC 09 type Franchise emersion. Please do not bring up the dev cycle as their own Josh Looman said they did not have as much time everyone thinks they did to put together NFLHC09!

One good point someone made about a Sports Ticker with scores. They're going to have to re-design the way the other scores are simulated, as of now, they are simulated after we play our game. That would be some work, but a "need" fix on a poorly designed set-up.
Again, their own NCAA 13 & 14 set the bar when it comes to EA doing this....

Last edited by Step2001; 07-10-2015 at 11:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2015, 11:34 PM   #246
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloobloouk
We came up with a few ideas and potential workarounds but it isn't as simple as just plugging it into the game given how CFM currently functions with simming taking place after you've played a game. I'd like to see a ticker, but at the same time I am ready to recognise that the benefits of online play in modern games can lead to restrictions such as this.
Thanks for the reply! Believe it or not, I actually thought the same thing after posting, that maybe there's an architectural / logistical reason why there can't be out-of-town scores. Not to say it's not possible --- there could be "AWAY at HOME --- 1:00 PM" for games that aren't played, but for fully online leagues I could see where it could become a problem.

I'm mostly an offline CFM guy because the majority of my friends don't own consoles and would rather play fantasy instead. But it's interesting to hear things from that perspective.
Old 07-11-2015, 03:40 AM   #247
Banned

Still no dynamic crowds? Will the Jaguars stadium be sold out every Sunday?

Last edited by Mr.Smif; 07-11-2015 at 03:43 AM.
Old 07-11-2015, 06:10 AM   #248
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakingBad2013

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. How about we worry when that day actually comes? Let Madden reach the standards set forth by the simulation football community before we start complaining that it looks and plays too real.

When team EA Madden finally creates the definitive football game, we will all rejoice. Some people will buy two copies and frame one, with a signage, "The greatest sports game ever created." At least then, the sim community can have a copy of Madden that they can be proud of, finally.

No, Rome was not built in a day. I didn't care much for history, so I didn't pay attention in class when the teacher lectured on Rome. However, I could probably guess what was built in Rome was real and respected the laws of physics, laws of motion, laws of reality since day one ... since day one.

What about all the retired grandpa and grandma sports gamer looking for that next generation ("current generation") simulation football experience. They don't have much time left to wait. Sure there's more important things. But what if in fact football video games is one of the more important things in their lives. Do you tell grandpa and grandma to be patient?

If the gamer is a kid, a teenager, or even someone in their early twenties, time is still on their side. But the older generation of gamers have waited ever since NFL console video games went exclusive. If you're going to have an exclusive product, the only thing we ask is that it's done right.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

Last edited by strawberryshortcake; 07-11-2015 at 06:12 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »