Home

Some New Madden NFL 16 Screenshots

This is a discussion on Some New Madden NFL 16 Screenshots within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2015, 01:39 AM   #65
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Some New Madden NFL 16 Screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
This is neither here nor there, but I am reasonably positive that every PS2-era Madden and NCAA Football game from 2003 onward had mouthpieces. Nevertheless, they've been absent from the EA Sports football games since the jump to XBOX 360, and that point doesn't really invalidate the spirit of your post.

As to relative priority levels of equipment - I'm reasonably positive that if in an alternate universe it was publicly revealed that this year's WR/DB interaction rebuild and gameplay mechanics or penalties overhaul was cut from Madden NFL 16 in favor of updating equipment, adding mouthpieces, and other purely cosmetic flair, the vast majority of this forum would throw a fit and question Tiburon's priorities.

Just my opinion, but I think Tiburon is correct in holding core gameplay as higher priority over authenticity-enhancing eye candy. Granted, I also don't think that Tiburon is helplessly incompetent and my opinion is that the game has actually dramatically improved in quality across the board over the course of time, so take my opinion how you will.
Awww the "resources" argument...
Seems like EA can't lose at something's:

- If you complain about a "cosmetic" feature being added, like putting nfl gear on every fan, they'll tell you that they have different teams with different resources working on such things.

- If you complain about equipment being outdated by about 10 YEARS! (Something you see on every play) then they'll tell you they want to focus on getting gameplay right first.

Which is it!?
Then they say the art team wanted to focus on uniforms this year and a month before release we already see team colors being wrong and even one of the things THEY touted as fixed (Vikings font) is wrong in regards to spacing

I feel like you, CM Hooe (and this is by no means an attack), always go the extra mile to play devil's advocate for the Madden team and how hard designing the game is.... But at some point one just has to recognize things as shortcomings, if that's what they are.

Last edited by msdm27; 07-17-2015 at 05:41 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2015, 01:56 AM   #66
Rookie

MAGboyswifT27's Arena

OVR: 7
I'm going to assume that by looking at this pic, once again equipment hasn't been updated or fixed. Bell is missing his sleeve a nd there's probably no options to fix it. MLB and 2K seem to be on top of this every year. Why can't EA do the same? Tbh I don't think equipment has been updated since the NCAA with Tebow on the cover.. It's unfortunate for the sim gamers..
Old 07-17-2015, 07:35 AM   #67
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

I think MLB and NBA are easier to create more of a sim. So I guess they wanna focus heavily on gameplay before any cosmetics. As for equipment, they have a lot more players to equip than what nba and mlb would require, even the less popular players in MLB are incorrect.
Old 07-17-2015, 09:42 AM   #68
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
This is neither here nor there, but I am reasonably positive that every PS2-era Madden and NCAA Football game from 2003 onward had mouthpieces. Nevertheless, they've been absent from the EA Sports football games since the jump to XBOX 360, and that point doesn't really invalidate the spirit of your post.
I was a 2K football player during the entire PS2 era, so I didn't pay attention to what Madden was doing then as I thought it was a terrible game both with how it played and how it looked (and it looked ridiculous to me), this is why I said:

"the last game I remember having mouthpieces was NFL 2K5 and that was 11 years ago."

Quote:
As to relative priority levels of equipment - I'm reasonably positive that if in an alternate universe it was publicly revealed that this year's WR/DB interaction rebuild and gameplay mechanics or penalties overhaul was cut from Madden NFL 16 in favor of updating equipment, adding mouthpieces, and other purely cosmetic flair, the vast majority of this forum would throw a fit and question Tiburon's priorities.
Of course you know that wouldn't happen since they have different dev squads working on those respective parts...

Quote:
Just my opinion, but I think Tiburon is correct in holding core gameplay as higher priority over authenticity-enhancing eye candy. Granted, I also don't think that Tiburon is helplessly incompetent and my opinion is that the game has actually dramatically improved in quality across the board over the course of time, so take my opinion how you will.
My previous post shows understanding that gameplay is more important, but that's beside the point I made. However, they haven't been successful in fixing the core gameplay issues that keep the game from reaching the level of authenticity sim gamers have been expecting for over a decade now, just starting with blocking upfront; even in the Madden 16 videos we still see the same legacy issues.

So to reiterate, since they haven't been successful with this over this long period, I don't think a year of going after small details is a bad idea at all. Small details are important especially when you're missing so many like Madden is, so at least they'd be giving themselves the opportunity to hit a ton of long overdue marks. They can get back to failing at fixing core gameplay in the next cycle. They're working with the same flawed code they've been band-aiding since 2004 (and that's why these problems linger in the first place), so it's not like that problem is going to disappear.
Old 07-17-2015, 09:51 AM   #69
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdm27

I feel like you, CM Hooe (and this is by no means an attack), always go the extra mile to play devil's advocate for the Madden team and how hard designing the game is.... But at some point one just has to recognize things as shortcomings, if that's what they are.
It is a shortcoming, a major one. After this long, no question.

It would be one thing if Madden Team were actually producing a game of football that didn't have so many football flaws. But after this long, it's obvious that they can't fix them. So I'd rather they at least take some time to work on the mountain of things they've neglected for so long rather than putting it off forever for a goal they can't or have very little chance of ever reaching based on their track record.
Old 07-17-2015, 10:43 AM   #70
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Just my opinion, the game has actually dramatically improved in quality across the board over the course of time, so take my opinion how you will.
This is just my opinion. I would agree gameplay-wise, but I think they took huge steps backwards in the Franchise Mode area since M12.
Old 07-17-2015, 10:48 AM   #71
Rookie

EA Can We Plz Get Some Updated Equipment those cleats and gloves are from Madden 13 I Believe come on Guys Great Game U Guys Do Amazing Work We Want What We See On TV Thanks ! Also Arm Sleeves Add that in great Shot Of Bell But U Missing is Arm Sleeve Takes Away from Authencity
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2015, 11:13 AM   #72
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdm27
Awww the "resources" argument...
Seems like EA can't lose at something's:

- If you complain about a "cosmetic" feature being added, like putting nfl gear on every fan, they'll tell you that they have different teams with different resources working on such things.

- If you complain about equipment being outdated by about 10 YEARS! (Something you see on every play) then they'll tell you they want to focus on getting gameplay right first.

Which is it!?
Then they say the art team wanted to focus on uniforms this year and a month before release we already see team colors being wrong and even one of the things THEY touted as fixed (Vikings font) is wrong in regards to spacing

Exactly. Some of the statements Tiburon has made have come out contradictory. It's just confusing at times, but I expect that from a Dev/Pub. It bothers me more when fans and consumers back up and support these statements.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »