Home

Madden 15 vs madden 16 graphics

This is a discussion on Madden 15 vs madden 16 graphics within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2015, 06:50 PM   #49
MVP

MoneyOvaHuds's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 15 vs madden 16 graphics

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLWiLL
So you're going to try to tell me this screenshot isn't great looking, that Madden does few things right?

The day lighting has been great since M15. The jersey/uniform textures are great. Helmet reflections are great (yes, reflections can be overexaggerated and too reflective, and remains to be seen whether teams like the 49ers keep their sparkly metallic shine during night games). Team colors, for the most part, are very accurate. They've paid great attention to fans complaints like number spacing. (They even made the Nike Flywire strips on the jerseys reflective.) Skin textures are improved. Details like sweat and dirtied uniforms are present. Stadiums are good, and the fans have improved (yes, I agree to unrealistic levels, I've said before that the fans are too boisterous on a constant basis).

Yes, they need equipment updates. Yes, there needs to be varying muscle tones. And yes certain aspects of the player models (overexaggerated knee pads, and shoulder pads need to become their own entities). Yes, there *is* room for improvement.

But to say M15/M16 looks like crap or doesn't look next-gen ... yeah, again it's subjective -- but let me know what parallel universe you are in which sports graphics just put these to shame. MLB The Show is the best sports on the market, but graphically their player models are getting long in the tooth (see NBA 2K) ...

You said NBA Live 15 ....... I'm talking about 2k and Live not Madden 16!
Old 07-26-2015, 07:09 PM   #50
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Madden 15 vs madden 16 graphics

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyOvaHuds
You said NBA Live 15 ....... I'm talking about 2k and Live not Madden 16!
Oh. My bad.

Live15's lighting is far superior & realistic to 2k's. (Remember, we are talking strictly graphics, not gameplay.) Live15's player skin textures were far too sweaty and shiny, but I'd take those over the rubbery/vinyl skin textures in 2k -- but at least the excessively shiny skin textures in Live looked realistic with the lighting, as the courts were illuminated with stadium lights properly. (something I hope Madden 16 will properly pull off) The courts in Live15 were far better than 2K -- far more detail, far better (and realistic) reflections, more accurate colors, less jaggies & aliasing. Minor details like shot clock & scorer's table ad illumination is more realistic, shoe models (even if they had less selection than 2k) were a higher definition. The lights from the rafters had a more realistic look & effect. Things like the basketball itself and rim is better in Live. And the ESPN presentation does it wonders. My girlfriend has walked into the room while I was playing Live and initially thought it was a real life game -- it can make you do a double-take. With 2k, I can tell I am looking at a videogame more quickly.

That said, of course Live15 did alot things crappy -- player faces for the most part were *not* good, some were very laughable. The jersey detail & team colors were not great (e.g., Bulls road uniforms looked dark red, like burgundy).

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying NBA2k looks crappy -- like I said earlier, my point is that Live does many things better than 2k in terms of graphics, in my opinion. I think people just get caught up in hating all-things EA. I own both Live & 2k. People should just play games, rather than playing favorites to certain publishers ...

Last edited by iLLWiLL; 07-26-2015 at 07:13 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »