Home

How rigged can this game be?

This is a discussion on How rigged can this game be? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2015, 03:42 PM   #1
Rookie

Kingd803's Arena

OVR: 4
How rigged can this game be?

It's unbelievable. How can we get EA to change this?

I just started playing 15 after not playing it for months. I'm trying to enjoy it. But it's just so rigged. When the computer wants you to lose you are going to lose.

I found out quickly since playing it that I need to super sim because when I try and play D. The cpu QBs complete 90% of their passes. It's unbelievable. Nothing I called worked. The only way to stop them was to blitz and sack the QB but I don't like having 10 sacks per game just to stop their scoring. So I started super simming.

Then something amazing started happening. I noticed when I played good teams and would get a couple TD leads in them my WRs would start doing these terrible missed catch animations. When the ball is placed right in front if they're faces. It's like the game decided that it was time for me to start losing. The ball would be right there and they'd do that terrible one hand missed catch animation.

Cause my drive to stale. This normally happened near the half. When I punt the ball with 30 secs to a min left in the half they either score on a 70+ run play or pass play. To end the half. Then they get the ball to start and in one play score a 80 yard TD.

This has happened to me at least five times in playing the game for two days for a couple of hours. And the funny thing is I can tell when it's about to happen because some BS play starts everything.

Oh and another thing is how come whenever I Audible to a new play or hot route a WR why does the D instantly adjust to a perfect play/coverage?

It's bull****. It's like Madden has rubberband ai. Has anyone found a way to stop this?

Last edited by Kingd803; 07-19-2015 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Please excuse typos on iPhone
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2015, 03:53 PM   #2
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: How rigged can this game be?

15 just wasn't good for me. I had alot more fun with 25 on next gen. It's the way your AI defenders play pass coverage sometimes. They are just not aggressive which leads to the high %. Not to mention pressure doesn't effect the throws unless you get a sack.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 07-19-2015, 03:59 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingd803

I just started playing 15 after not playing it for months. I'm trying to enjoy it. But it's just so rigged. When the computer wants you to lose you are going to lose.

I found out quickly since playing it that I need to super sim because when I try and play D. The cpu QBs complete 90% of their passes. It's unbelievable. Nothing I called worked. The only way to stop them was to blitz and sack the QB but I don't like having 10 sacks per game just to stop their scoring. So I started super simming.

Then something amazing started happening. I noticed when I played good teams and would get a couple TD leads in them my WRs would start doing these terrible missed catch animations. When the ball is placed right in front if they're faces. It's like the game decided that it was time for me to start losing. The ball would be right there and they'd do that terrible one hand missed catch animation.

Cause my drive to stale. This normally happened near the half. When I punt the ball with 30 secs to a min left in the half they either score on a 70+ run play or pass play. To end the half. Then they get the ball to start and in one play score a 80 yard TD.

This has happened to me at least five times in playing the game for two days for a couple of hours. And the funny thing is I can tell when it's about to happen because some BS play starts everything.

Oh and another thing is how come whenever I Audible to a new play or hot route a WR why does the D instantly adjust to a perfect play/coverage?

It's bull****. It's like Madden has rubberband ai. Has anyone found a way to stop this?
Yea In previous madden I never touched the sliders. But in this one I just had to. The original sliders make the game so unrealistic. In the 4th quarter every garbage quarterback turns into Peyton manning. They kinda force momentum shifts. It's weird and all messed up. But with sliders I fixed it all

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Old 07-19-2015, 04:06 PM   #4
Rookie

Agatorfan's Arena

What makes me mad is that madden makes you fumble during crucial times in games even when you are protecting the ball
Old 07-20-2015, 10:15 AM   #5
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

The best is when you see an hole in the defense and audible to a run or pass (lets say a run) then the defense audibles to the perfect alignment to counter the run you audible too. Then when you cycle through all audibles, the defense will line up in the same exact alignment to counter them.

I guess that's the difference between playing with AI and human.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2015, 10:25 AM   #6
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

There is not a sports game that I've played that I didn't play around with sliders. And 15 took longer because of the sack issues and the CPU too accurate.

Last edited by roadman; 07-20-2015 at 10:29 AM.
Old 07-20-2015, 10:49 AM   #7
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingd803

lol, yeah, it felt that way to me, too. A lot of people have complained about it feeling "scripted." And, I felt that, too. It often feels impossible to stop them within last 2 mins of half or game. U just know they will score a TD, and there's nothing u can do. Not sure if it's just written in code as a momentum swing or what, but something's there.
Old 07-20-2015, 10:53 AM   #8
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
lol, yeah, it felt that way to me, too. A lot of people have complained about it feeling "scripted." And, I felt that, too. It often feels impossible to stop them within last 2 mins of half or game. U just know they will score a TD, and there's nothing u can do. Not sure if it's just written in code as a momentum swing or what, but something's there.
If they are still using the old code, Ian denied anything about rubber band AI.

Heck, even NBA 2k had a huge thread about rubber band AI.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »