Home

Madden NFL 16 Player Ratings - Top 5 Wide Receivers

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16 Player Ratings - Top 5 Wide Receivers within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2015, 01:06 PM   #113
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by playajay98
Yes, everyone benefits from Peyton being their QB (i.e. Blair White) But DT has size, strength, and IMO runs better routes than Dez. He has a ton of one handers like this one out there. Always a threat to take a bubble screen or a slant for 6 and he has good footwork near the sidelines too.
Thomas is a little taller n faster, but Dez has MUCH better hands and body control when Highpointing the ball. Thomas may run SLIGHTLY better routes, but its not a DESTINCT advantage. Dez is just as, if not more dangerous on screens and after the catch and he's DEFINATELY better in the Redzone... Dez leads the NFL in TD receptions over the last 5yrs with 56 TDs, DeMarius has 41...
Old 07-25-2015, 01:39 PM   #114
Rookie

lowndsy's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Madden NFL 16 Player Ratings - Top 5 Wide Receivers

Why are peeps so down on marshall? The guy is a great receiver not been with great teams recently but runs routes, run after the catch and catches are top 5 for sure and over a sustained period, I am sure ea stats will not have him top 20 season end if he does not have a good season which is likely as he has no QB again. But he is imo a solid top 10 receiver right now and fbg stats are based on current findings this will change by season start possibly and as guys return from previous injury.
Old 07-25-2015, 02:01 PM   #115
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001
My thoughts exactly.

It is what it is, and the metrics don't lie.
how can u base a players rating every year off 1 40 time run in shorts on a track.? and ignore how he plays on the field with pads on??? Some guys just dont test well... its an unnatural starting stance for them and alot of pressure where they're thinking about their form and technique and a million other things.... Obviously whatever measurements u can get should be factored in, but you have to average out all those numbers and factor in their playing speed in real game situations.... Like the Strength ratings, I assume they come up with based off of how many reps of 225 the player completes at the combine. Well that doesnt measure an O-linemans true "Power". A guy may only be able to put up 225 20-25 times right there on the spot, and it gets him a low 80's strength rating. Dallas Cowboys Center Travis Frederick only put up 225 21 times at the combine and was rewarded with an 84 Strength rating when madden was released a few months later. Frederick should really have been given a Strength rating somewhere in the mid 90's in my opinion, based on his ability to bench 500lbs and squat 750lbs while at the University of Wisconsin... I really think with the "Rating Czar" Donny Moore leaving EA they should go to a group/panel, and have them each Use the Numbers film to come up with their own ratings and then average them out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2015, 02:37 PM   #116
Rookie

GiantsFan2013's Arena

Looking at screenshots from all of the positions, and players on the bench/sideline area still look horrible.
Old 07-25-2015, 03:09 PM   #117
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD3322
Yeah... DT doesnt have the Hands/Catch radius that Dez has... Playing w Peyton and in that Offense inflates his Numbers some. He's still a FREAK of an Athlete and a GREAT reciever, but he doesnt have the Hands and the Awareness/intangibles of the Higher ranked guys. DEZs hands and body control to Highpoint the ball, adjust in the air, and the Hands to Snatch the ball at its highest point and pull it down thru a defenders arms puts him ahead, Antonio Browns agility/quickness, routerunning, awareness and hands puts him ahead.... Demarius Thomas was tied for the league lead in drops with 10 afterall....
I tried to quote Hankys post as well but my iPad is acting funny.

I can't argue with what both of you said, you both have great points.

I don't feel DT is better than Dez. DT still has room to improve as a technical WR in a lot of ways, but his athleticism alone I figured would get him top 5. If he's 94+ In speed, agility, and accelerate but 80s ratings in route running and catching brought him down I will accept that. He is a legit physical monster tho. Trust me, the guy is a freak.

High pointing the ball and attacking the ball in the air in general are two of his biggest weak points, and yeah, he drops an easy one from time to time.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 07-25-2015, 03:24 PM   #118
Rookie

Yeah, I dont see him being rated that High in Spd/agl/accl tho with the way theyre toning down spd/accl... Dez 89, Jamal Charles 92 so Im gonna guess DT is a 91? Either way he has to be right there Tied for 5th or RIGHT behind em

Sent from my LGMS395 using Tapatalk
Old 07-25-2015, 04:54 PM   #119
Rookie

Antonio Brown a 97? Really? Two of those top five I will agree with and those are Bryant and Johnson.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »