Home

M16 v. FBG: The Ratings Release Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on M16 v. FBG: The Ratings Release Discussion Thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2015, 07:40 PM   #9
Rookie

steeldee7's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: M16 v. FBG: The Ratings Release Discussion Thread

He(Cam Thomas) is still rated to high. in opinion. Hes higher than several teamates that had better seasons and more of an impact.
Old 07-24-2015, 07:41 PM   #10
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
As to help curtail confusion, because I think that misunderstanding has been a significant source of contention over the course of the past couple ratings threads, I'd like to provide anyone who is unfamiliar with FBGratings a brief description of what Dan does (and I'm not affiliated with FBGratings at all, so please correct me Dan if I'm speaking out of turn or wrong about any of the below):

Dan has access to real-world professional football player scouting reports, the same reports which are used by NFL teams. These real-world reports contain numerical grades on various skills for each player. Using a series of algorithms he has personally developed, he directly translates these reports into Madden NFL player ratings for every player for which he receives information.

Dan does not decide any number grade on his own, he does not modify at all any results of the interpolation his formulas compute regardless of player statistics, accolades, awards, or his own personal opinion. A player's ratings only change when the scouting report he receives for that player changes.
That is 100% accurate. Much of what you see in regards to players being rated lower than others are direct results to the injury holds placed on certain players. Bear in mind that these reports often contain information that is not leaked to the press or in official NFL injury lists.

Case in point, A.J. Hawk had an injury hold of 0.2 during the 2014, though he was never placed on an official injury list. His injury hold in 2013 was 0.0. You can verify this here:

http://www.nfl.com/injuries?team=GB

Hawk is an example of a player playing injured and it not showing up on an injury report. However, it was in the data that I receive. In this way, FBG can be privy to injury data that may not be sent through official channels. These scouts are professionals, but information changes hands frequently, even between teams in competition with one another. As shocking as it may be to some, it is a reality.
NFL Scout
www.nfldraftscout.com/members

Petition to EA for FBG Ratings:
https://www.change.org/p/ea-sports-t...bers-index-php
Old 07-24-2015, 07:41 PM   #11
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

While I like your work and the way you go about them..

I think for you to have a realistic shot to have EA use your stuff, ratings need to go up. Tournament and average joes (their biggest market) would be outraged to see players in the 60s as starters.

While I don't suggest rating them high as they are now, maybe you can work at a happy medium to better propose to them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2015, 07:42 PM   #12
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLWiLL
DB, are you waiting to update ratings on your website? I see that Tom Brady is rated a 98 on your site, but in this thread he is not even in your top 6 ...
Yes. The last time the site was updated was in early July I believe.
NFL Scout

Old 07-24-2015, 07:43 PM   #13
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
While I like your work and the way you go about them..

I think for you to have a realistic shot to have EA use your stuff, ratings need to go up. Tournament and average joes (their biggest market) would be outraged to see players in the 60s as starters.

While I don't suggest rating them high as they are now, maybe you can work at a happy medium to better propose to them.

Screw that, Dan! If they want your data & algorithms, force them to take the ratings as they are! Raw and un-doctored!
Old 07-24-2015, 07:46 PM   #14
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Having Flacco rated anywhere near that high is absurd and kind of makes me think these ratings are a joke. We call out EA when they do ridiculous things and I think we all need to be honest that these ratings are very flawed as well when Joe Flacco is rated as the number 3 or 4 QB in the NFL. He might not even be that high in college football...
That is your opinion, but I go by the data. Why is it that you think that Flacco should not be rated so highly? He grades out very highly in arm strength, short accuracy, middle accuracy, leadership, and ball security. His deep accuracy grade rivals that of Andrew Luck and Aaron Rodgers. Seems like he grades out pretty well when you look at the value of the attributes.
NFL Scout

Old 07-24-2015, 07:50 PM   #15
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
M16 v. FBG: The Ratings Release Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Having Flacco rated anywhere near that high is absurd and kind of makes me think these ratings are a joke. We call out EA when they do ridiculous things and I think we all need to be honest that these ratings are very flawed as well when Joe Flacco is rated as the number 3 or 4 QB in the NFL. He might not even be that high in college football...

You expect anyone to take this seriously but, you don't think Flacco would be the best QB in college football? A player who lead his team to a SB and was unreal in the playoffs that year? Talk about crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2015, 07:51 PM   #16
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLWiLL
Screw that, Dan! If they want your data & algorithms, force them to take the ratings as they are! Raw and un-doctored!
You are not the first person to mention this. In fact, I have a few PMs from people telling me just that - don't give in to their inflated ratings.

We will see what happens.
NFL Scout

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »