Home

M16 v. FBG: The Ratings Release Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on M16 v. FBG: The Ratings Release Discussion Thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2015, 11:48 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: M16 v. FBG: The Ratings Release Discussion Thread

I am curious how yout ratings work on guys who went undrafted or were late round picks who become pro bowlers? A guy like Alfred Morris for example. He was a 6th round pick for a reason as he didn't have the best measureables but he has been very good so far in his career (2 pro bowls and a 2nd team all pro) Does he never get better because his production is a lot higher than what his measureables would indicate?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2015, 11:49 PM   #42
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number999
I don't get why people believe that changing that ratings skill radically will lead to some sort of World War III effect. EA could quite simply 2 very simple approaches... either A) totally ignore it and not market it like they do now. It would be really damn interesting to not know ANYONE's ratings until the game was actually released (or leaks happened). It's doubtful it really gets in the public eye and even if it does, you can do plan B) which is market it as a brand new feature that'll separate Madden from all the other sports games!
And plan B would be the likely approach they would take if they were to make such a change. The only problem being that people would then expect a game that would play radically different than it does currently and that's just not going to happen unless significant changes are made in other areas as well. But even if you market it as some brand new feature, it's not going to keep the amount of backlash from people and the players themselves complaining about certain guys being way too low or what not. That's going to happen no matter what. And it doesn't really matter whether it's warranted or not. EA built the monster themselves so it's up to them to decide how they handle it moving forward.
Old 07-24-2015, 11:52 PM   #43
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakingBad2013
I'm sure they test them in-game to make adjustments each year. Also, ehile Trent Williams may be "low" the defensive players are also "lowered" Again, creating differences in elite, good, okay, and bad.
If that's the case, why worry about lowering ratings globally if it just ends up achieving the same results of the ratings EA already has in place.
I could see them using FBG scouting reports to find a player's tendencies/traits but not really needing the ratings to get the desired results.
Old 07-24-2015, 11:56 PM   #44
Banned

VdaStampede's Arena

I think you could use the FBG ratings, but they'd need to be accompanied by some serious modifiers ala the game that shall not be mentioned.

it's fine to say only traits not production, but there's nothing sim about that. Scouting reports are only a very small part of it madden would need a way to make sure elite players still play that way.

maybe those ratings could produce realistic sim stats, but i'm doubtful.
Old 07-24-2015, 11:59 PM   #45
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by D81SKINS
If that's the case, why worry about lowering ratings globally if it just ends up achieving the same results of the ratings EA already has in place.

I could see them using FBG scouting reports to find a player's tendencies/traits but not really needing the ratings to get the desired results.

FBG isn't a lowered scale. It's just rated as the data says. It's not just lowered for the sake of lower. It's just using the full 1-100 scale.
It matters because right now their is not much difference in a 3rd stringer from a all pro on the field based on EA's ratings because they only use about 40 points of the scale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2015, 12:01 AM   #46
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by VdaStampede
I think you could use the FBG ratings, but they'd need to be accompanied by some serious modifiers ala the game that shall not be mentioned.

it's fine to say only traits not production, but there's nothing sim about that. Scouting reports are only a very small part of it madden would need a way to make sure elite players still play that way.

maybe those ratings could produce realistic sim stats, but i'm doubtful.

Star players already play like stars with FBG rosters: I've played a lot with them in madden 15 and players play realistically.

The sim engine would need to be adjusted though. Totally agree on that part

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-25-2015, 12:05 AM   #47
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by D81SKINS

Because EAs ratings are still ridiculously inflated and overrated, and you can hardly feel a ratings difference in-game.

This would give a hufe differential fro Joe Thomas to Trent Williams to Winston Justice to DeMetress Bell to your backups backup.
Old 07-25-2015, 12:05 AM   #48
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

I may be wrong, but scouting reports are based off on-field production/film, right?

So w/o any on-field production(NFL, college, or HS) they wouldn't have much of a report besides, physical attributes.

Another good question!
What would the top 5 draft picks say if they were rated an avg of 65!?
I could see them crying about this and EA would appease them by raising their ratings. Tweeter feeds would be exploding on how they are the lowest rated top 5 in Madden history lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »