Home

Madden NFL 16 Video - Madden Mondays: Air Supremacy QB

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16 Video - Madden Mondays: Air Supremacy QB within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-28-2015, 08:39 AM   #33
---

TexasFan2005's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 16 Video - Madden Mondays: Air Supremacy QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
hopefully they will sometimes drop it
That's the thing. For every catch animation they add, they must add several drop animations for them as well. It seems like if they add catch animations then they are 100% going to catch it if the ball ends up in their hands.

As it stands, I don't think I've ever seen a challenge that's based on whether or not the receiver had control of the ball while falling down. The only challenges I see is if the player was inbounds or not.
Old 07-28-2015, 08:57 AM   #34
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
I agree but it was really neat seeing the defender make a desperate lung to try and hammer the receiver and knock the ball loose. hopefully they will sometimes drop it
Agreed. That's another thing I'd like to see expanded upon, and they've done it somewhat this year, is the drops or ball knockouts. It's good that they've added a lot of knockout animations but I hate the way when receivers drop passes it's just like they have brick hands and the ball goes off of them and then straight to the ground. I'd like to see passes slipping through receivers hands or bouncing off them and continuing down field. Or bobble drops. It's a little thing but it would go a long way.
Old 07-28-2015, 09:15 AM   #35
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Agreed. That's another thing I'd like to see expanded upon, and they've done it somewhat this year, is the drops or ball knockouts. It's good that they've added a lot of knockout animations but I hate the way when receivers drop passes it's just like they have brick hands and the ball goes off of them and then straight to the ground. I'd like to see passes slipping through receivers hands or bouncing off them and continuing down field. Or bobble drops. It's a little thing but it would go a long way.
yeah. i want to see catch/drop animations where i dont know if he's gonna catch it or not until the very end.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2015, 10:13 AM   #36
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
yeah. i want to see catch/drop animations where i dont know if he's gonna catch it or not until the very end.
To piggy back on this Id like to see bobbled or double catches for guys with low ratings. Would be even better if guys drop the ball when getting hit while bobbling it.
Old 07-28-2015, 10:13 AM   #37
Banned

MountaineersSon's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasFan2005
That's the thing. For every catch animation they add, they must add several drop animations for them as well. It seems like if they add catch animations then they are 100% going to catch it if the ball ends up in their hands.

As it stands, I don't think I've ever seen a challenge that's based on whether or not the receiver had control of the ball while falling down. The only challenges I see is if the player was inbounds or not.
Please tell me there are challenges for ball control to the ground. There aren't animations for this?
Old 07-28-2015, 11:32 AM   #38
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

Quote:
me too! that was my favorite part of the video. a line backer going for the swat and coming up with air.. can't remember the last time i've seen that in madden

This was in the M15. At least I KNOW the DBs would attempt to swat.

I agree, it does add a certain feeling of accomplishment knowing your QB dropped a dime over the DBs hand to a WR in stride.
Old 07-28-2015, 11:49 AM   #39
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Really wish they would get rid of that catch animation at :20 where the receiver always warps into position to catch the ball, usually four or five yards from the sideline, and then falls down. Hopefully they continue to improve the catch animations all around from year to year. Seems like they've done a nice job this year on the contested stuff but they still need to clean up and expand upon the basic catch animations as well as the sideline ones.
I agree. That catch is so ugly. I really wish when they capture new catches, they captured everything new. Some of that last gen stuff is just BAD. I don't know how they thought that stuff was acceptable. Luckily they've moved onto superior animations and capture techniques. The game would seem so fresh with all new animations. 16 definitely looks to be the one though.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 07-28-2015, 01:50 PM   #40
Rookie

baller768's Arena

OVR: 1

I really like the hand fight between Hilton and Amukamara. Hopefully strong corners will be able to push receivers off routes and strong receivers will be able to push away corners. Also, in the background, I liked the way the linemen were trying to actually stop/get by each other rather than just warp on and off each other.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »