Home

interesting comment about ea's ratings data

This is a discussion on interesting comment about ea's ratings data within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2015, 02:43 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
interesting comment about ea's ratings data

This is a scary comment that i read in another thread regarding madden's ratings.

"I've heard it speculated that even the madden team themselves don't really know what's going on, " Bailey said.

"Because they've got years upon years of systems and code just layered on top of one another, where it's not always entirely clear how they're interacting.

"It's kind of a scary system."
---------------------------'------------------
Makes me wonder if they are just dumping data into the game on top of old code how many of these ratings truly work they people sem to argue about each?

Also i wonder if this has anything to do with the actual gameplay sliders and penaltie being broken for the past few years?

If they are using old codes for ratings why would it be any different for gameplay sliders?

Although they said penalties have been fixed does that mean we are assured things like pass coverage slider has been reworked or fixed?

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2015, 07:18 AM   #2
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: interesting comment about ea's ratings data

Considering all the personnel changes, I would not be surprised if anyone knows what is really going on with the ratings and sliders...Hence why no one can get a true description from EA about what sliders actually do....

C++ is supposed to be a very solid system for programming as it allows for code sectioning so blocks of programming can be separated to make it easier to add and subtract from, but if proper notes are not left in the language or by some other means, the code can get difficult to follow...
Old 07-29-2015, 07:50 AM   #3
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0

Lol. I recently became a sw developer and am working on code on a much lower level than madden or any game sw, and man, I can tell u, yeah, without comments, it is really hard to tell what the hell is going on! Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-29-2015, 08:01 AM   #4
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Although they said penalties have been fixed does that mean we are assured things like pass coverage slider has been reworked or fixed?
If I was to take a guess, I'd say absolutely not. In regards to penalty sliders, I'm guessing they completely tore them down and rebuilt them with the new sliders and that's why they'll work and probably very well. The same thing needs to be done for the gameplay sliders and hopefully that's something that gets done sooner than later.
Old 07-29-2015, 10:15 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
C++ ..... the code can get difficult to follow...
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
without comments, it is really hard to tell what the hell is going on! Lol.
A good programmer will create self documenting code AND provide comments. Yes, code can be written to be pretty self documenting.

A big problem is when programmers write cryptic code that is difficult to read w/o meaningful comments.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2015, 12:46 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
If I was to take a guess, I'd say absolutely not. In regards to penalty sliders, I'm guessing they completely tore them down and rebuilt them with the new sliders and that's why they'll work and probably very well. The same thing needs to be done for the gameplay sliders and hopefully that's something that gets done sooner than later.
so there is a slight chance that we'll see penalties improved but the actual gameplay sliders themselves could still render suspect results becuase ea has never even acknowledged themselves the sliders were potentially broken in recent years.

they actually removed sliders completely from nba live the past two years in order to reprogram them them for current gen consoles.

they will be returning this year to the game.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 07-29-2015, 12:51 PM   #7
Rookie

Kingd803's Arena

OVR: 4

Man Ive been screaming this since madden 25. I wish they would have just started from scratch this gen!!

Who cares if the game would have been bare bones? CFM is bare bones as it is now. We could have had potentially great new gameplay now. And by now the modes would have been coming back

Ugh
Old 07-29-2015, 01:09 PM   #8
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
so there is a slight chance that we'll see penalties improved but the actual gameplay sliders themselves could still render suspect results becuase ea has never even acknowledged themselves the sliders were potentially broken in recent years.
I'd say that is likely. Based on what's been said from E3, I think the penalty sliders are going to work really good but I doubt the actual gameplay sliders have been touched as in it will likely still take moving QB accuracy down to 5 or lower to see much of a difference, etc. I think gameplay sliders are really an afterthought which is a shame because IMO they are the key to getting the game (and any sports game) to play the way you want it to and overhauling them for the better would really add a lot from a gameplay standpoint I think.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »