Home

Commentary thread

This is a discussion on Commentary thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2015, 02:39 PM   #9
Rookie

Kingd803's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Commentary thread

How about the fact that they are completely wrong and unaware about what's going on in the game?

I'll get the ball after forcing the other team. And they'll say something about "this is a LONGGGG drive their on" or " that big play set up this drive"
Old 08-02-2015, 03:52 PM   #10
Rookie

troy184's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingd803
How about the fact that they are completely wrong and unaware about what's going on in the game?

I'll get the ball after forcing the other team. And they'll say something about "this is a LONGGGG drive their on" or " that big play set up this drive"
How about when they say your QB had a terrible game the previous week when he actually had a monster game
Old 08-02-2015, 03:58 PM   #11
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

This is what I was told by Roy Harvey when I ran into him down there. He told me last year (Madden 15) the commentary was crappy and buggy, but they wanted to get it to "OK" with 16 and fix the bugs. They are definitely aware of the issues with commentary and feel they have a good roadmap for where to go in the future. It sounds like most peoples main issues mentioned so far, should be addressed though, which is the bugs where things are being said that don't make sense in the context of the game/CFM. They also have the drive starters in 16 and the more player/team specific lines.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2015, 04:21 PM   #12
Rookie

sir psycho's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
This is what I was told by Roy Harvey when I ran into him down there. He told me last year (Madden 15) the commentary was crappy and buggy, but they wanted to get it to "OK" with 16 and fix the bugs. They are definitely aware of the issues with commentary and feel they have a good roadmap for where to go in the future. It sounds like most peoples main issues mentioned so far, should be addressed though, which is the bugs where things are being said that don't make sense in the context of the game/CFM. They also have the drive starters in 16 and the more player/team specific lines.
Sounds good to me.

The commentary has never really been good, but at this point I'll happily settle for "OK" or even just "not bad."
Old 08-02-2015, 04:24 PM   #13
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
k

Crappy with 15? It's been the same lines since forever .....its been so repetive...that I don't even have the volume up when I play cause I don't wanna hear Phil keep saying about the te he used play with etc or the qb needs to watch being sacked.

Hopefully they scrapped the old lines and redid them all.
Old 08-02-2015, 04:31 PM   #14
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0

My two biggest gripes:

Nantz - sounds too robotic and not engaged in the action.
Simms - Everything. But the most annoying he goes on these long rants that take too long.
Old 08-02-2015, 04:37 PM   #15
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Another big thing for me is there isn't enough back and forth between them. They don't sound like they're talking to each other. The lines just seem like they are recorded in separate rooms then stitched together. I'd like them to interact alot more. That's what I really like about NBA 2ks commentary. They actually sound like they're all together and interacting.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2015, 06:26 PM   #16
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Another big thing for me is there isn't enough back and forth between them. They don't sound like they're talking to each other. The lines just seem like they are recorded in separate rooms then stitched together. I'd like them to interact alot more. That's what I really like about NBA 2ks commentary. They actually sound like they're all together and interacting.
They have had a hard time getting them in the studio at the same time, that's the main issue. Like I said they are well aware of this and feel like they have a good roadmap to address this issue in the future.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »