Home

Madden NFL 16 CFM - Top 10 Things You Need To Know About Scouting (Shopmaster)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16 CFM - Top 10 Things You Need To Know About Scouting (Shopmaster) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2015, 07:11 AM   #57
Pro

Trick13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 16 CFM - Top 10 Things You Need To Know About Scouting (Shopmaster)

I am almost afraid to bring this up, but;

Shop said something that absolutely terrifies me - something about a combine grade on a 1-10 scale. If we don't get numbers for every player, for every drill, I am going to go bat-poop bleeping nuts!!!

I am so sick and tired of the over-contrived and super convoluted attempts at "difficulty" within the team management areas of Madden that I seriously may have a freaking aneurysm if all we get is ridiculous garbage 5.76 type crap in the "combine grade" column!!!

Really, I mean it, we are talking postal, with a capital nuclear, epic freaking meltdown!!!

EA, listen guys. There are these scouting reports that any average bumble headed Jack wagon in any semi-free country can buy and digest ad nauseam that lists every single prospect, from every school, that may even remotely have a extraordinarily distant shot of playing in a training camp in the NFL. In these magical magazines, or even free online digests, they list every freaking measurable for as many as 500 NFL "prospects" every year!

Now, let us think, for just a moment, about what that should mean for Madden scouting. I mean, if any Tom, Dolly, or Seth can obtain these mystical numbers (40 times, wonderlic scores, vertical and broad jump, 10 & 20 yard splits, cone drill times, bench press reps, arm length, body fat percentages, etc, etc), if anyone can buy this info, then why the heck would you not disclose it in the franchise mode in which I am assuming the role of a freaking "Coach/GM/Owner" of an NFL franchise where I have access to an entire team of scouts???

WHY???

Ok, sorry, I forgot to breathe for a bit there, calming down, 1,2,3,4 and breathe and exhale, 5,6,7,8,9 - better skip 10 or I might start freaking out about a possible 1-10 scale grade again, crap, I am bleeping losing it again....
Old 08-12-2015, 07:41 AM   #58
Rookie

NYTitan21's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 16 CFM - Top 10 Things You Need To Know About Scouting (Shopmaster)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trick13
I am almost afraid to bring this up, but;

Shop said something that absolutely terrifies me - something about a combine grade on a 1-10 scale. If we don't get numbers for every player, for every drill, I am going to go bat-poop bleeping nuts!!!

I am so sick and tired of the over-contrived and super convoluted attempts at "difficulty" within the team management areas of Madden that I seriously may have a freaking aneurysm if all we get is ridiculous garbage 5.76 type crap in the "combine grade" column!!!

Really, I mean it, we are talking postal, with a capital nuclear, epic freaking meltdown!!!

EA, listen guys. There are these scouting reports that any average bumble headed Jack wagon in any semi-free country can buy and digest ad nauseam that lists every single prospect, from every school, that may even remotely have a extraordinarily distant shot of playing in a training camp in the NFL. In these magical magazines, or even free online digests, they list every freaking measurable for as many as 500 NFL "prospects" every year!

Now, let us think, for just a moment, about what that should mean for Madden scouting. I mean, if any Tom, Dolly, or Seth can obtain these mystical numbers (40 times, wonderlic scores, vertical and broad jump, 10 & 20 yard splits, cone drill times, bench press reps, arm length, body fat percentages, etc, etc), if anyone can buy this info, then why the heck would you not disclose it in the franchise mode in which I am assuming the role of a freaking "Coach/GM/Owner" of an NFL franchise where I have access to an entire team of scouts???

WHY???

Ok, sorry, I forgot to breathe for a bit there, calming down, 1,2,3,4 and breathe and exhale, 5,6,7,8,9 - better skip 10 or I might start freaking out about a possible 1-10 scale grade again, crap, I am bleeping losing it again....
Breathe lol.

You get all the numbers that NFL teams get at the combine. The combine grade is in the draft board then you can click on the player to see all his grades. (Yes I've played the game.)
PSN: NYTITAN21
Old 08-12-2015, 12:40 PM   #59
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Actually, looks like it was requested around E3 time according to this thread.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ons-kolbe.html
I think True Draft Value predates E3, but either way I'm not seeing it in that thread. Am I missing it? I'm not complaining about the changes listed in that OP by the way.
Old 08-12-2015, 05:10 PM   #60
Pro

Trick13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTitan21
Breathe lol.

You get all the numbers that NFL teams get at the combine. The combine grade is in the draft board then you can click on the player to see all his grades. (Yes I've played the game.)
Thanks man, great to hear...

EA - excellent work

Amazon, you may proceed with my pre-order
Old 08-12-2015, 07:04 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTitan21
Breathe lol.

Since you have played, can you confirm if the generated draft classes have had the rating scale adjusted to match the overhaul to the current players? Forget scouting, this could be the real killer to cfm.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2015, 10:38 PM   #62
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azcardinal32
Since you have played, can you confirm if the generated draft classes have had the rating scale adjusted to match the overhaul to the current players? Forget scouting, this could be the real killer to cfm.

What if the generated draft classes are faster intentionally. So to phase out most players to match the average nfl career.

"According to the NFL Players Association the average career length is about 3.3 years. The NFL claims that the average career is about 6 years (for players who make a club's opening day roster in their rookie season)."

If that's true only a fraction of players drafted should be resigned. And a quarter or more of the stick teams should release or cut guys in the first 2 years of your CFM.

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Old 08-13-2015, 01:59 AM   #63
Rookie

KickassJohnson's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by D13
Seems like Madden just can't ever win with some folks...
A step towards pleasing more people would be providing an option to turn this or that on/off.. don't force people to do one or the other.. give us options

"Hey you gotta scout this year or you're penalized."
"Hey you can't edit any player in CFM because reasons."
"Hey you can't use custom draft classes anymore and you can't change the ones we give you either."
etc.
Old 08-13-2015, 02:25 AM   #64
Rookie

NYTitan21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azcardinal32
First draft class I saw had two WR who ran 4.27 and that equates to 98 speed once drafted (I took one to see what he came out as) there was also quite a few 97-95 wr.

The second class only had one wr who ran 4.27.

The fastest guy in the game stock is 97 speed, so automatically two wr were faster then anyone in the league.
PSN: NYTITAN21

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »