Home

Is Ultimate team gaming ruining sports games

This is a discussion on Is Ultimate team gaming ruining sports games within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Is ultimate team ruining sports gaming?
Yes, they could work on more important stuff 112 66.27%
No, I enjoy ultimate team 27 15.98%
Who cares it won't change, EA makes to much money 30 17.75%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-13-2015, 10:16 PM   #17
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Is Ultimate team gaming ruining sports games

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyw55
You can say MUT gives EA more money to pour resources into their game. If this was the case, why is franchise mode WORSE than it was ten years ago in madden 06? Since the addition of MUT, where has the improvement been in franchise mode?

MUT is their first priority and will continue to be because it makes them money. I guarantee if CCM could make them money (god forbid that ever happens) then you would see improvements every single year.

Not just madden though. Fifa's career mode gets stale after the first year and is long overdue of a facelift (which is supposedly happening this year?) and NHL 15 had one of the worst gm modes ever while HUT was working just fine and dandy from day one. Why? Because it makes them money

/rant

If they're pouring all their resources into MUT than why hasn't their been a blog about MUT improvements? Unless I'm mistaken, there's an extensive blog about CFM improvements along with developers expressing their desire to continue improving the mode in the coming years. I haven't heard that at all from them about MUT this year.
Old 08-13-2015, 10:21 PM   #18
Rookie

Khanchus's Arena

OVR: 4

Sorry for the generalization but i think most of the madden community are not your hardcore football fan that loves sim cfm..

Which in turn i think gravitates them to mut

And hey if you like mut more power to you

Buts it common sense if mut is bringing in money post relese and cfm doesnt its obvious where the more attention goes... And i hate that

I cant stand the attention mutgets but as i read the posts of others that like and support mut i cant be mad... I can see why they like it but its just not my taste....

I have a group of friends that spend at least 20-40$ each every week ... Imagine the a fraction of the masses doing that... Why wouldnt ea put extra resources in to it compared to putting those resources to other things
Old 08-13-2015, 10:23 PM   #19
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

A) but C is what matters.
Old 08-13-2015, 10:25 PM   #20
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
If they're pouring all their resources into MUT than why hasn't their been a blog about MUT improvements? Unless I'm mistaken, there's an extensive blog about CFM improvements along with developers expressing their desire to continue improving the mode in the coming years. I haven't heard that at all from them about MUT this year.
Yes there are improvements, but there are still so many basic things in the game that need to be fixed that still aren't. Nothing that they have added has been revolutionary, or something that is a must have for franchise mode. Even when they add the "new" owner mode, they mess it up.

Also they say they need to improve the mode, because the mode went backwards with the switch to CCM in madden 13 and they need to work their way back up to what they had, which is just ridiculous
Old 08-13-2015, 10:34 PM   #21
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyw55
Yes there are improvements, but there are still so many basic things in the game that need to be fixed that still aren't. Nothing that they have added has been revolutionary, or something that is a must have for franchise mode. Even when they add the "new" owner mode, they mess it up.

Also they say they need to improve the mode, because the mode went backwards with the switch to CCM in madden 13 and they need to work their way back up to what they had, which is just ridiculous
I'm not gonna disagree with you about the state of CFM man. I loved the PS2 days where you could do solo careers and do training camp and combine drills, get drafted, have a calendar with practices, have an agent, etc... That stuff was awesome and there's a lot of stuff I wish was in Madden now. However, there's gotta be a distinction between poor choices by the Dev teams over the years and blaming everything on MUT. I wish CFM and gameplay got every second of their attention but I'm just one person. There's a ton of MUT fans and it isn't ruining the game to have another successful mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2015, 11:26 PM   #22
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

I'm going to vote no. What's ruining sports games are the people who abstain from buying. Companies provide services to paying customers. Politicians hear the concerns of donors. EA takes care of who $ first. Whatever resources are left over go to the whoever is left over. You get what you pay for and $60 is just the entry cost. Not enough to sit close enough to truly be heard. And even if devs hear you on forums, they have producers and executives to battle with who only understand $$ since market share is a lock.

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Old 08-13-2015, 11:49 PM   #23
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

I don't see how a game mode can ruin sports gaming. What can ruin games is the gameplay and its shortcoming.
Old 08-13-2015, 11:55 PM   #24
Banned

MuT is saving Madden.

Madden is always broken and you can't even play a Season or CFM.

For example this year the player rating and speed are broken. You can't play a real sim season. It is not even football with the way these broken jacked up rosters are.

What you can do is play MuT which wants you to build cheap teams and the ratings are not real and its not sim. It just a mode to relax and just play because everything else is broken.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »