Home

Draft Champion's lower rating (slick & smooth and smart )

This is a discussion on Draft Champion's lower rating (slick & smooth and smart ) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2015, 11:32 AM   #9
Rookie

Allball76's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Draft Champion's lower rating (slick & smooth and smart )

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Regardless of what the ratings are, Draft Champions' (and MUT's) lower difficulty setting will make the gameplay less realistic than Play Now or Connected Franchise games.

Ratings are only one part of the equation that helps create realistic gameplay results.
It will play better and separate the elite from the avg to the garbage players.
Old 08-24-2015, 11:34 AM   #10
Rookie

Allball76's Arena

Quote:
Regardless of what the ratings are, Draft Champions' (and MUT's) lower difficulty setting will make the gameplay less realistic than Play Now or Connected Franchise games.

Ratings are only one part of the equation that helps create realistic gameplay results.

http://www.operationsports.com/news/...atings-system/
Old 08-24-2015, 12:02 PM   #11
Rookie

Allball76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
One thing I will give Draft Champions credit for is the rankings.

It is a step in the right direction as far as ratings. Because I feel that a 99 overall is a rating that is the ceiling for a human being as a football player. A 99 overall is the best of the best, and we see too many players rated from a 95-99.

I feel like this takes away from some of the all-time greats. I think Jamaal Charles is a great running back, but to give him a 94 I think is on par with some of the best to play the game ever. I feel like a Marshall Faulk or Eric Dickerson caliber players are meant to have that 93-95 rating. Where as the 96-98 is for Jim Brown, Barry Sanders, and Walter Payton.

Just my two sense, but I think that today's ratings are too close to each other. We need to separate the good from the greats and the greats from the legends.
Yep and that's what Nba2k16 is doing ! There basing there rebounding off Rodman ,this makes sense . Well Madden is going and should just go that way ! Its hard to better then Jerry Rice he should be a 99 route running and 99 hands his speed would be maybe a 87 to 90 he was fast on the field in pads/speed Great on cuts and acceleration . basically all wide receivers should be based off him current player route running highest should be 91 all hands should be based off him and so on ! same with QB Accuracy Joe Montana had very little athletic ability but man that pass Accuracy was off the charts ! Again base of his short med and deep Accuracy ! What you said about the running backs I agree on so much !Oh and last Deion Dander ,D Green, Randy Moss had all time great on the field speed that was a 99.

http://www.operationsports.com/news/...atings-system/

Last edited by Allball76; 08-24-2015 at 12:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2015, 12:07 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allball76
I didn't find that to be the case in the Draft Champions games I played during the EA Access trial.

I was able to have plenty of success throwing to base receivers with a base quarterback like Jimmy Garoppolo. And on defense, even highly rated players like Kam Chancellor were still having lots of trouble reading and reacting to the offense.

Poorly rated players were much more limited in the Play Now/CFM games I tried than they were in Draft Champions, probably because of the difference in difficulty settings.
Old 08-24-2015, 01:16 PM   #13
Rookie

Allball76's Arena

Quote:
I didn't find that to be the case in the Draft Champions games I played during the EA Access trial.

I was able to have plenty of success throwing to base receivers with a base quarterback like Jimmy Garoppolo. And on defense, even highly rated players like Kam Chancellor were still having lots of trouble reading and reacting to the offense.

Poorly rated players were much more limited in the Play Now/CFM games I tried than they were in Draft Champions, probably because of the difference in difficulty settings.
All madden is the way to go you can tell a difference from elite wr's and Qb's
Old 03-31-2016, 08:38 AM   #14
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

OVR: 22

I'm surprised there isn't a thread strictly for Draft Champion. Anyway, I have played this feature quite a bit and surprisingly enjoy it quite a bit; I think because of my fondness for APF and the actual act of creating your lineup.

For the most part it is a like/dislike relationship. I feel that the entire feature is rigged in a certain way. It seems like the first game is filled with too low of difficultly rating and too many very average players. The second game can be fun but most often turns into a game similar to the first. The third game is ridiculous. Yeah it might me on All-Madden, but it seems that every player plays beyond that.

I see a future for this feature if it is given some proper attention. I would like to see a set difficulty level, adjustable quarter length, a way to play as the team of the coach you choose, and/or possibly create a team and location. Ultimate, have the ability to play at least a season with your squad. Three games is just not enough when you assemble that perfect team.

Draft Champion, nothing earth shattering but enjoyable.
Old 04-01-2016, 05:36 PM   #15
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

I would like to see draft champions added as an offline feature next year. Even if there's no rewards and it's against the cpu or maybe couch. 2 player. There's not a lot of offline options anymore and this is one feature I think would be popular offline.

Sent from my LG-AS991 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2016, 07:14 PM   #16
Banned

Draft Champions is my favorite mode , by far now. It's the best was to play with and against teams with real strengths and weaknesses, that virtually equally rated, and that you had a hand in crafting.

It's not totally sim because the quarters are short, but it is fantastically strategic to play online. And the limited amount of drafted players means the cheeses tend to have trouble winning.

I absolutely love it. I hope they expand on the mode for Madden 17.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »