Home

FORMATIONS AND PLAYS

This is a discussion on FORMATIONS AND PLAYS within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2015, 12:09 PM   #25
Rookie

PSUEagle's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: FORMATIONS AND PLAYS

While you don't see flat backs (Split, Near, Far) much in the NFL anymore, they shouldn't have removed those sets: teams will use them on occasion. Hell, when I watch Chiefs games Andy Reid still lines up in them every now and again. He certainly used them as much as Pistol sets (which he didn't do much of in 2014).

Speaking of custom playbooks, can anyone tell me how to order plays in a formation? I've tried adding things in the order I want, but it seems like they have a mind of their own and go where they want.

Why doesn't the game have a setup like the NCAA series where you can move plays around in the order you want them? And why aren't plays in alphabetical order? Makes it 10X harder to find stuff...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2015, 02:09 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUEagle
While you don't see flat backs (Split, Near, Far) much in the NFL anymore, they shouldn't have removed those sets: teams will use them on occasion. Hell, when I watch Chiefs games Andy Reid still lines up in them every now and again. He certainly used them as much as Pistol sets (which he didn't do much of in 2014).

Speaking of custom playbooks, can anyone tell me how to order plays in a formation? I've tried adding things in the order I want, but it seems like they have a mind of their own and go where they want.

Why doesn't the game have a setup like the NCAA series where you can move plays around in the order you want them? And why aren't plays in alphabetical order? Makes it 10X harder to find stuff...
This has worked great for me as far as custom playbooks.
In order for your playbook to work properly you'll have to almost completely delete another playbook.

I decided to start my custom playbook from the Pistol set because its lets formations to delete and there aren't any other formations other than the pistols so Madden won't confuse my other formations when I added plays.

Once I deleted all of the formations (I kept 3 pistol formations) I was able to add all of my other formations and audibles and now it works perfectly.

Also remember when you add Shotgun formations a lot of times they will appear in the "Hailmary" main folder but you'll still have the correct formations and sets
Old 08-25-2015, 07:01 PM   #27
Rookie

A great defense against those who like to scramble with the QB is

46-Normal-1QB Contain

Its a man defense with the SS in a zone
The MLB is a qb spy and the defensive line contains the qb in the pocket.

If he does get outside, the DE's have good angles so the QB isn't getting far at all. Usually sacked or forced into throwing and INT
Old 08-26-2015, 02:30 PM   #28
Rookie

Both of those formations are in the default west coast playbook
Old 09-27-2015, 06:31 PM   #29
Rookie

BreaksoftheGame's Arena

The lack of old school formations really limits this game. I would really like to make some old school rosters or in the least run a more fullback 2 2 1 type of offense.

I would also like more run play variety.

All in all the playbooks have always been awful in EA football games and the lack of an editor every year is disappointing.
Old 09-29-2015, 09:43 AM   #30
Rookie

mlb61's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
Damn I had an entire short yardage system using the Far. I'd use the FB dive which was pretty automatic out of that formation. In my online leagues. I would do it every 3rd or 4th and short, then wait for my opponent to load up on it to try and stop it giving zero coverage over the top, in which case I'd audible out of the FB dive and bomb it deep to my 6'6" 99 speed 96 jump WR. Sometimes I'd just come out in a pass and audible to the FB dive if he wasn't stacked up, because qudibling would give it away as a pass. Good times, good times.
A true Cheesehead.
Old 09-29-2015, 03:46 PM   #31
Pro

Robo COP's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad 69
It was up til a couple years ago, more people were playing offline Franchise than were playing online. I will say with the advent of online dynasty it might not be but I would say it's probably closer to 50/50 than you think.
maybe as far as online vs offline CFMs. But many play it for head to head, MUT, etc. online

Personally, I've always been a big franchise guy (mainly for the team building aspect), but so far this year I have found more enjoyment playing a mode like draft champions online versus other users. Reason being is that the CPU gets very stale very quick. They are typically pretty predictable and some of the stuff like poor clock management and just all around poor decisions get frustrating.

When playing a user you have to make adjustments and they actually have tendencies that you can pick up on and shut down. CPUs just call plays...I see no real consistency from them. Sure, you get a lot of cheese online with users, but once you learn how to shut it down they are forced to go to something else. It's just a lot more satisfying to beat a user than it is the CPU.

With that said, to remain on topic, I feel like it shouldn't be that hard to bring back CAP and just not allow custom PBs in online play (and for online CFMs maybe have it as an option when you create the CFM to allow or not allow custom PBs)

Last edited by Robo COP; 09-29-2015 at 03:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2015, 10:03 PM   #32
Rookie

BreaksoftheGame's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFNiners816
That's on people doing cheesy stuff and not on the formation. Also, the niners goaline sets under harbaugh was about 50% from horizontal stacked formations. I think it's bad to remove stuff simply because guys exploit it online.
I agree completely. The lack of creative playbooks really limit my enjoyment of the game. What makes it worse is the game is really good and fun to play, I just wish I could run old school offenses with the physics, animations and AI in Madden 16. Oh well I guess back to NCAA football I go.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »