Home

How playable is Broadcast Cam?

This is a discussion on How playable is Broadcast Cam? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2015, 08:32 AM   #1
Pro

bbondsfan25's Arena

OVR: 5
How playable is Broadcast Cam?

Haven't played Madden for the last few years. Considering picking it up today. Watched some youtube video of broadcast cam gameplay and looks sweet although it looks like the passing game would be really difficult. Anybody play with this view and care to comment?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2015, 10:11 AM   #2
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: How playable is Brodacast Cam?

I use BC cam but only ever control the RB or a LB/DL for the most part. I mainly use it when I "Coach Only" play.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 08-25-2015, 10:28 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 11

This is the only way I play franchise or CFM. I have been playing madden this way for as long as its been in the game. There where a few years without, but will say I think his name was Ian? really heard our cry and actually got it patched into the game a few years ago and thank goodness it has not been put on the chopping block since then.

Visually, this is how football needs to be played. Yes, there are short comings. Yes, there is a curve you will face. Yes...YOU NEED TO KNOW THE PLAYS AND GET TIMING DOWN UNLIKE ANYTHING ELSE YOU HAVE EVER DONE!!!! (just a little emphasis).

Running is fairly easy. Obviously its the passing game you need to get down. On defense..what I love about it is its like a roll of the dice. See what happens. In broadcast I use no switch rules as well. Mainly play on the DL or MLB. I don't find it fun blowing out the AI. Playing verticle football seems like cheating to me. Not to bash those that do....had my hand at a few UT games last evening, and some of you guys are flat out amazing. Don't know how you do have the stuff you do. But for the true immersion factor, nothing beats broadcast view.

Give it a shot. Why not? Can't wait to start my Franchise with the new shine on this year. Just keep at it...literally a few day and you will get your play down in this view. Good luck.
Old 08-25-2015, 11:02 AM   #4
Pro

bbondsfan25's Arena

OVR: 5

Appreciate the feedback! The traditional "vertical" camera view had really gotten stale for me and I'm looking forward to trying this out. I can imagine there is a learning curve but think it will be well worth it.
Old 08-25-2015, 12:04 PM   #5
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbondsfan25
Appreciate the feedback! The traditional "vertical" camera view had really gotten stale for me and I'm looking forward to trying this out. I can imagine there is a learning curve but think it will be well worth it.

I'm going to let you know now that once you get the hang of it there is no going back to the traditional cam Madden wont feel the same to you, the best thing about broadcast cam to me is the fact that it handicaps you.

You will do a lot of guessing on passing plays at first but I have played it so much its to the point where I can just feel it when my guys are open.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2015, 02:29 PM   #6
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

OVR: 0

I want every sports game I play to look like the actual sport does on TV. I switched to NHL's "True Broadcast" a few years back and haven't gone back since, same with the pitching cam in The Show. NBA and FIFA aren't problems.

Madden was the one sports game where I thought this wouldn't be possible, but I guess maybe it is? I may mess around with the broadcast cam and see if I can make it work.
Old 08-25-2015, 03:58 PM   #7
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsBoYee
This is the only way I play franchise or CFM. I have been playing madden this way for as long as its been in the game. There where a few years without, but will say I think his name was Ian? really heard our cry and actually got it patched into the game a few years ago and thank goodness it has not been put on the chopping block since then.

Visually, this is how football needs to be played. Yes, there are short comings. Yes, there is a curve you will face. Yes...YOU NEED TO KNOW THE PLAYS AND GET TIMING DOWN UNLIKE ANYTHING ELSE YOU HAVE EVER DONE!!!! (just a little emphasis).

Running is fairly easy. Obviously its the passing game you need to get down. On defense..what I love about it is its like a roll of the dice. See what happens. In broadcast I use no switch rules as well. Mainly play on the DL or MLB. I don't find it fun blowing out the AI. Playing verticle football seems like cheating to me. Not to bash those that do....had my hand at a few UT games last evening, and some of you guys are flat out amazing. Don't know how you do have the stuff you do. But for the true immersion factor, nothing beats broadcast view.

Give it a shot. Why not? Can't wait to start my Franchise with the new shine on this year. Just keep at it...literally a few day and you will get your play down in this view. Good luck.
Excellent points and you are right playing with the vertical cams are too easy..With broadcast the visuals are more impressive and TV like and you have to KNOW the game of football especially route trees etc..i went to broadcast cam back when IAn put it in and have been hooked ever since.True immersion like you said is what its all about...
Old 08-25-2015, 07:30 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

I love the broadcast cam option but not the constant different angles it offers. I would prefer a sideline or 3/4 overhead fixed view. Or just give us a user defined camera.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »