Home

XB1/PS4 is there any reason to favor one over the other?

This is a discussion on XB1/PS4 is there any reason to favor one over the other? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 01:30 PM   #17
Banned

NYGiants4Natic's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: XB1/PS4 is there any reason to favor one over the other?

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
I've played the xbox one version much more over the weekend and noticed that on sunny days the team wearing white sometimes has a "halo" effect or a slight double image that seems to be emulating diffusion in the camera lens. As a cinematographer I notice these things....seem like they are trying to capture "imperfections" of the broadcast cameras on the field. I haven't noticed this effect on the PS4 yet but not many games on that system either. HAs anyone else noticed this and on what system?
I just think is the higher contrast that xbox one puts in their games that makes it look like that. I doubt it was intentional from EA
Old 08-26-2015, 01:35 PM   #18
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGiants4Natic
I just think is the higher contrast that xbox one puts in their games that makes it look like that. I doubt it was intentional from EA
This doesn't seem like a contrast issue but you could be right. It clearly looks like an emulated "lens" effect to me. See the attached image and note the bloom on the bills jersey and the lenses of the photographers on the sideline. Anyone seeing this on the PS4?

I am still on the fence over which system to actually buy it on. I love the overall feel of the PS4 and the DS4 controller but I love the streaming and recording aspects of the Xbox One with windows 10. I am still on the fence I guess! Both are great....I just need to decide which one works best for my needs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vlcsnap-2015-08-26-13h37m48s483.jpg (177.0 KB, 136 views)

Last edited by icicle22; 08-26-2015 at 01:41 PM. Reason: added photo
Old 08-26-2015, 02:16 PM   #19
MVP

Keirik's Arena

OVR: 16

I'm in the same boat. I don't play online really and have both systems. I've looked for some comparison videos but didn't find anything solid.
Old 08-26-2015, 03:06 PM   #20
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
May not be intentional, but after playing Gears of War I decided to tweak the everything lol

I noticed it looks a lot better on the Xbox side now. I also up my pixel count to 36 and it's Halle Berry, baby.

I'm sticking with the XB1 edition. I can record countless hours of footage thanks to W10; deal breaker.

Maybe I get it for PS4 too but mama got her eyes wide open So I wait til someday.
Old 08-26-2015, 03:15 PM   #21
Banned

NYGiants4Natic's Arena

Am right at this very moment playing the digital version of both consoles at the same time. I cant do side by side as I have just one tv

I have a 65 inch 4K Samsung top of the line using game mode of course.

I will start to pick both apart as I play but so far nothing except what we stated

Also I prefer the xbox one controller for shooters and sports games...So that is also something to ponder for those interested
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2015, 03:25 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Third-party sports games are never going to have a huge disparity in graphical performance.

So just go where your friends are, or if you only want to play by yourself, get the system with the controller you're most comfortable with and the feature set that most appeals to you:

PS4 = Share Play, Remote Play, PlayStation Now

Xbox One = EA Access, Snap mode, TV integration, Backwards Compatibility, Windows 10 integration, External USB Storage

Last edited by jyoung; 08-26-2015 at 03:30 PM.
Old 08-26-2015, 03:29 PM   #23
Banned

NYGiants4Natic's Arena

Colors are much richer on xbox one but that is expected. Steelers black uniforms are more inky black then on ps4 where there are more ashy black

the draw haze is a little thicker on ps4 which I prefer but is there on xbox one as well.

I just love how the rumble on the controller with xbox one feels it adds more weight to players as they hit
Old 08-26-2015, 03:45 PM   #24
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Colors are much richer on xbox one but that is expected. Steelers black uniforms are more inky black then on ps4 where there are more ashy black

the draw haze is a little thicker on ps4 which I prefer but is there on xbox one as well.

I just love how the rumble on the controller with xbox one feels it adds more weight to players as they hit
That rumble seems to help me get a good jump on rushing the qb. Although I get called for offsides often too.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »