Home

XB1/PS4 is there any reason to favor one over the other?

This is a discussion on XB1/PS4 is there any reason to favor one over the other? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 10:48 AM   #57
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: XB1/PS4 is there any reason to favor one over the other?

There is no difference on either system. The game is the same. Get whichever your friends have and go with that.
Old 08-27-2015, 10:53 AM   #58
Rookie

yoyoctw's Arena

OVR: 1

Though I haven't played both side by side I suspect the PS4 version would be superior (though slightly) if history is any indication. Fact is just about every multiplatform game has a higher res or better frame rate on PS4. In fact I think there are only two or three games where the opposite is true (Assasin's Creed Unity and I think one other game, maybe it was Strider).

Play where your friends are. More people have PS4 so more people playing on that, but both systems have great online services and with EA sports games I'm sure the differences are minimal between the two.
Old 08-27-2015, 11:13 AM   #59
Banned

NYGiants4Natic's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplate
The scalers and IQ effects they use that lead to crushed blacks. The colors may appear to "pop" more for some, but image quality overall is not as great compared to the PS4.
There is no black crush on Madden 16 or even 15 for that matter..there was on madden 25

The colors look much better on the xbox one version and the overall quality is equal on both.

This is in reference to Madden 16 not any other game as that is irrelevant here
Old 08-27-2015, 11:14 AM   #60
Banned

NYGiants4Natic's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyoctw
Though I haven't played both side by side I suspect the PS4 version would be superior (though slightly) if history is any indication. Fact is just about every multiplatform game has a higher res or better frame rate on PS4. In fact I think there are only two or three games where the opposite is true (Assasin's Creed Unity and I think one other game, maybe it was Strider).

Play where your friends are. More people have PS4 so more people playing on that, but both systems have great online services and with EA sports games I'm sure the differences are minimal between the two.
Madden 15 and 16 are the same on both consoles. The only Madden this generation better on ps4 was the first madden

By the way The Witcher 3 also runs better on xbox one
Old 08-27-2015, 11:43 AM   #61
Rookie

yoyoctw's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGiants4Natic
By the way The Witcher 3 also runs better on xbox one
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...-hunt-face-off
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...le-performance

"Performance is also a sticking point; PS4 is preferable in this case for its 30fps cap, though it suffers from some stutter, while Xbox One's uncapped frame-rate gives us far less consistent experience."

"Microsoft's machine gives the smoothest performance of the two, though it's shorn of the true, native 1080p output seen on PS4."

"In conclusion, on the console front, the PS4 version is king thanks to a cleaner 1080p image and slightly smoother frame-pacing."

DF overall gave the nod to the PS4 version in the end. When you said "run better" you just meant the lack of a 20fps frame rate drop cap on the last patch?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2015, 12:30 PM   #62
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyoctw
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...-hunt-face-off
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...le-performance

"Performance is also a sticking point; PS4 is preferable in this case for its 30fps cap, though it suffers from some stutter, while Xbox One's uncapped frame-rate gives us far less consistent experience."

"Microsoft's machine gives the smoothest performance of the two, though it's shorn of the true, native 1080p output seen on PS4."

"In conclusion, on the console front, the PS4 version is king thanks to a cleaner 1080p image and slightly smoother frame-pacing."

DF overall gave the nod to the PS4 version in the end. When you said "run better" you just meant the lack of a 20fps frame rate drop cap on the last patch?
I hear this a lot, but when you stick in the game, there is always a disconnect.

I don't have any telemetry tools (anymore) but the eyes don't lie. That's why many people have moved on from Digital Foundry. They are the Fox news of video game comparison.

Go to AVS if need be but don't mess with Digital Foundry They will make you lie to yourself. lol
Old 08-27-2015, 12:53 PM   #63
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
I am not 100% sure but I think when I was experiencing the framerate issues, every game on the xbox would have been affected as the main menu of the Xbox One seems laggy until I rebooted. I have not had a single issue in the 10-15 games since then and at least 8-9 reboots. Heck....I am even starting to enjoy the quick 30 second captures when I am not concerned about grabbing the entire game. I actually like how the xbox one uploads these to the game DVR in the background so the next day at work I can see some of my highlights.

With the PS4, as much as I like the simple copy to USB or upload process, it always took forever to copy.....I guess this running in the background is kind of cool.

I just wish I could access the game DVR without having to snap in and out of the game.

Leaning towards buying the Xbox One version for sure. I miss the haze but I love the rumble.

One of the major reasons I went ps4 is I prefer the game dvr and screen cap features over the XB1 features.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-27-2015, 01:53 PM   #64
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
One of the major reasons I went ps4 is I prefer the game dvr and screen cap features over the XB1 features.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like the simplicity of "how you record the clips while in game" on PS4 but later, when copying these massive files to the web or to USB it was painfully slow. With the XBOne I can stream my game to laptop and record in real time for the times I am trying to create an archive and the clips are done the minute I hit stop and I can move or upload them quickly. When in a casual game I can quickly grab 30 second clips on the Xbox One and it "magically" syncs them to the upload service in the cloud. So the next day....or even a few hours later....the main highlights are on the website even though I did nothing and spontaneously decided to show a co worker my highlights.

I know that is petty but I kind of dig the easiness/laziness of this part of it. Yet I can have full control if I choose to record the entire game via the streaming feature.

I am slowly adapting to the Xbox One controller but I admit to getting confused switching back and forth because of the "X" button on both systems. Arghh!!!!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »