Home

Quarterbacks overthrowing deep balls extremely bad?

This is a discussion on Quarterbacks overthrowing deep balls extremely bad? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2015, 03:42 PM   #1
Rookie

Bengals28's Arena

OVR: 4
Quarterbacks overthrowing deep balls extremely bad?

So I'm playing a CFM with the Bengals and just finished my third game falling to 0-3. I'm playing on All-Madden. Through 3 games I have yet to complete a deep go pattern to A.J. Green or any of my receivers. It's not that I'm not completing them but on half of my attempted go routes the quarterback is throwing the ball 5 yards out of bounds. Has anybody had this issue/know what I'm doing incorrect?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2015, 03:48 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: Quarterbacks overthrowing deep balls extremely bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals28
So I'm playing a CFM with the Bengals and just finished my third game falling to 0-3. I'm playing on All-Madden. Through 3 games I have yet to complete a deep go pattern to A.J. Green or any of my receivers. It's not that I'm not completing them but on half of my attempted go routes the quarterback is throwing the ball 5 yards out of bounds. Has anybody had this issue/know what I'm doing incorrect?
Andy Dalton's deep accuracy of 68, combined with the penalty the user takes on All-Madden (and potentially a confidence penalty for playing badly) is the issue here. If you feel it's not realistic raise user QB acc, although given that rating I would at least consider the possibility that he's actually playing to that rating.
Old 08-26-2015, 03:51 PM   #3
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

I believe someone posted that the devs said if you hold down the "high" pass modifier (LB on XB1) that it decreases the accuracy of the throw on deep balls. Any chance you're doing that?

I know I initially was combining the "high throw", pressing up on LS and tapped a WR icon for a lob whenever I was throwing deep down field and I overthrew my target a few times. Granted I was the Jets so I didn't bat an eye when Geno threw a terrible pass.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 08-26-2015, 03:55 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

You knew this would happen. People are going to complain about QB accuracy and then penalties and next thing you know we are going to be saying hello to robo QB and no penalties in the next patch. I have seen this happen too many times before.
Old 08-26-2015, 04:04 PM   #5
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
You knew this would happen. People are going to complain about QB accuracy and then penalties and next thing you know we are going to be saying hello to robo QB and no penalties in the next patch. I have seen this happen too many times before.
Highly doubt this will happen. Sliders can fix any QB issues as well as penalties.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Last edited by jb12780; 08-26-2015 at 04:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2015, 04:13 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 32

Yeah, I down-rated this thread, because I don't see the issue. As you said Andy Dalton is not rated well for deep throwing accuracy.

It seems some people just want to be able to put the ball where they want it when they want it, without actually understanding how to play the game, and taking into consideration all of the variables that would affect the accuracy of the pass.
Old 08-26-2015, 04:43 PM   #7
Rookie

deathsai's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals28
Check Dalton's DAC
Tampa Bay Lightning
UCF Knights
Old 08-26-2015, 04:53 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage

^^^^^^^^ THIS! I also have seen the same complaining about penalties in here. Further proof that EA will never please everyone.

I for one am very much a fan of the changes to the passing game and the penalties both and hope EA doesn't bow to a very vocal minority.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »