Home

Madden NFL 16 Review (PS4/Xbox One)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16 Review (PS4/Xbox One) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2015, 08:45 AM   #33
MVP

tru11's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrX
With the AI problems (blockers still run right past their assignments or simply fail to even attempt to follow through on them), it's laughable to give the game an 8. Irresponsible even.

Player assignment responsibility is a core of football. I'd think a site dedicated to sports gaming would be more critical of what is in actuality a game-killing issue, unless a person knows absolute zero about football and doesn't recognize it as a problem... which unfortunately describes the majority of Madden fans.

What a joke.
yeah i saw 1 of those and it was hilarious to say the least.

wagner who is probably 1 of the best pass blocking RT in the game decided to run up the field for 8 yards to attempt a pass block only to back peddle after the DE had a free run and thus sack on the QB lol

but everyone can attempt 1 handed catches now though so it must be okay.
Old 08-29-2015, 08:50 AM   #34
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 16 Review (PS4/Xbox One)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru11
i must be playing a different game lol.

franchise is broken so much its really a disgrace.
confidence can boost ratings pass 99 ingame even affecting back ups.
regression kicks in from the start of a season for pretty much every team that looses.

results in an league is that teams that win have 90+ ratings real quick while the loosing teams have players drop even worse then last year.

then you have draft classes where rookies did not get rescaled like the base roster, resulting in rookie QBs having better DA then rodgers for instance.
loads of rookie WRs have 90+ speed ratings.

you can apparently only reset games that haven't been played yet. ( try figuring this 1 out).

auto sub does not seem to work.

after a game the game seems to freeze instead of going to the league menu but at least the music keeps playing.

players are disappearing from FA.
players involved in a trade seem to disappear as well if the trade gets declined.
tried trading for zack brown since he was on the trading block but the offer got declined and he is now nowhere to be found....

there are probably even more issues and god knows when we will get a patch and we have to pray that patch actually fixes most issues without cause others to arise..

unless you are a MUT or ranked player this game is not for you.

its maybe worthy of a 7.5 if you play anything other then franchise.
if you play franchise its 5 tops and im being generous.
Eh, you don't have to be a MUT player or ranked player to enjoy the game for right now. This is just like any other year for me, I'm testing sliders for my taste in CFM, while waiting for the CFM patch to be uploaded.

Most of those issues you listed the community is aware of and the developers are in the process of putting out a patch.

7.5 for me right now, goes up to 8.5 with a patch for CFM.
Old 08-29-2015, 09:05 AM   #35
Just started!

THEY NEED TO FLIP THE COWBOYS AND PATRIOTS LOGOS AROUND. They are upside down. A bit annoying and not that hard to fix. Been like that for years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2015, 10:15 AM   #36
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Re: Madden NFL 16 Review (PS4/Xbox One)

Quote:
Originally Posted by McG
At this point, we just want our Franchise to come back with a triumphant return. I know they probably wont meet our demands this year, but I wish next year they would just go all in with Franchise mode already. Does anyone else see the lack of space this game takes up for a current-gen game? It's only around 20GB, NBA 2K15 is around 45GB or even a little more. So that begs the question, why aren't EA making "more" of a game? It seems to me that this is one of the main reasons the majority of content in Franchise mode feels so short-sided. I'll use NBA 2K15 again for the example here, does it feel like twice the game compared to Madden? My honest answer has to be yes, and that is without even seeing 2K16 yet, which looks even more in depth.

Now, to be honest I really enjoy the gameplay Madden 16 has to offer. It's the best Madden has been in years. Sure, maybe there are a few to many one-handed catches, but that could be tuned down. On the field, we are all getting sick of the sidelines looking like they are from the PS2/Xbox era, but that comes down to the lack of space/programming used in this game. Also, presentation could be upgraded quite a bit as well. From the commentary, to the lack of the in-game ticker (both have already been mentioned before), to the lack of authentic player accessories, there are a ton of little things here and there that could bring this game to EPIC levels.

Overall, I really enjoyed the review from Chris. He touched on the majority of good and bad issues regarding this game. I am just curious if there will be a "2 months from now" review, considering there should be, hopefully (fingers crossed) some serious patches to come. I know I hope they focus on fixing the many issues plaguing Franchise mode and I also hope they fix a few on the gameplay side as well. Thanks again for the review, and we look forward to more write-ups/videos in the future.

My Madden 16 rating- 7.5-8.0
These are my sentiment exactly and how I would score Madden 16. I'd give it between a 7.5 and an 8. The on field gameplay is there, IMO. Time to get more "signature styles" in there now. That's about 60% of it in my view. I have been having a blast using Armors sliders. But everything else just feels so hollow. Being a franchise guy, CFM just does nothing for me. That's even without the bugs. Play now games get boring with no context.
I tried Draft Champions and it's sorta, meh. Love the skills trainer, though. They have the on field gameplay right now. I don't care that it took us this long to get here, I'm just happy we are here. They have delivered on that part for me. It's really time to dig deeper and flesh out the other modes and get the "little things" (signature styles, dynamic sidelines, commentary, presentation) on point. Then I'd put it up there with The Show and NBA 2K. I do feel like we're a year or two away from Madden being something special, that is IF they flesh the rest of the game out the same way they have with gameplay.
Old 08-29-2015, 10:22 AM   #37
Pro

Quote:
Now that I think about it, apparently Pete Carroll had dynamic drive goals on last season in the Super Bowl.
excellent line, and exactly indicative of why I think these dynamic drive goals were a horrible addition, as currently implemented.

Last edited by kadzier; 08-29-2015 at 10:29 AM. Reason: quote tags
Old 08-29-2015, 10:32 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 1
Not even close to the best football I've ever played as suggested by the reviewer. I suppose if you are diehard fan of the series, then this one is the best. This game has way too many inexcusable pitfalls and omissions for it to be the best.
Old 08-29-2015, 11:46 AM   #39
MVP

OVR: 30
So far, focusing on offline game play only (I'm not an onliner), I give that 8.5 - 9. I love the way it plays and of course it's not perfect such as sometimes blockers either completely being oblivious to their assignments or realizing their assignments late then trying to' correct themselves' and what seems to be too many one handed catches, altho not horribly excessive, etc.

And I do really like some of the new presentation additions such as the stat bubbles and the new on field and wire cams. Funny how the visual of Simms and Nance were removed. Seems like a classic EA move of removing things to add others. Concerns me a bit as a going forward cuz I fully expect presentation to get huge treatment in the next Madden since game play is so well done this time and will only need tightening.

I haven't touched CFM yet because I usually wait for the starting regular season roster, anyway, plus now gotta wait for the patch. I always dug CFM and don't go to overboard with the particulars of it as many others may.

That said, I can see my score remaining in the 8.5-9 range, leaning more towards a hard 8.75.
Old 08-29-2015, 01:06 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 1
So, can you not turn the drive goals off? If you ignore them, as others have mentioned, do you not progress? Do your players regress?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »