Home

Madden NFL 16 Review (PS4/Xbox One)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16 Review (PS4/Xbox One) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2015, 01:41 PM   #41
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8
I feel like the dynamic drive goals would be cool if they were more generic and also followed the flow of the game. Like your first drive on office could be something like put points on the board early for some momentum and give you a boost if you manage to get a FG or TD no matter how you score. if they game is close like you are winning by 1 point or something have the defense goal by to keep the other teams offense off the board no matter how you do it, turnover, force a punt or whatever. Late in the game if you are winning maybe a goal to burn the clock. Stuff like that where it looks at the game situation and the goals match that would be cool.

I totally agree with you that it forces you to play a certain way. Like get a passing TD to this specific player like a running back, but if you run it in with that back you get nothing. Or like me if you have the fatigue up a bit so you get realistic subs sometimes a sub is in and you end up rushing it in for a TD but get nothing because the wrong RB was in the game.

Basically this could have been a cool addition but was so poorly done it makes the whole game seem so much more arcade again. Right now I think they need to fix it by going to something generic like I mentioned above or give you a way to just turn it off. Unfortunately they seem to have tied this into the progression system to much now that if you don't do these stupid goals you get less XP to progress your players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2015, 05:08 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0
What also kind of bothers me, is that games like Driveclub keep adding content after launch (paid or free), but don't bet on Tiburon add an in-game ticker after launch, or better sideline players. No, we have to wait for the new addition for these - minimal - changes.
Old 08-29-2015, 05:26 PM   #43
PX4
Banned

I have been playing every year of Madden since I was 11 on my Sega Saturn... I made an account just to reply to this post lol.

I just returned Madden and got my money back. I give this game a 5/10.

Game play is improved from last year, I'll give it that. However... everyone on these forums should be incredibly offended that a company who recorded over 4.5 BILLION DOLLARS in revenue this year cannot put out a quality game. No improvements have been made to this game in three years. We are looking at TWELVE (12) BILLION dollars in revenue in three years and they cannot pay someone to put in a functioning ticker, half-time stats, nice looking sidelines, fix auto-subs, fix the draft... add immersion to CFM... the list goes on.

On top of all of that which was previously mentioned, a patch was never released that caused the game to crash and players forced to watch the Cam Newton intro again in last year's title. There was no 'day 1' patch this year to address the literally hundreds of issues in this years title.

EA Sports continues to put out a horrible title year in and year out. why? Because there is no competition and we are satisfied with this product because we have nothing else. I don't understand how anyone who watches football on Sunday can start a CFM and give this game a '7.5 or 8' with all the garbage currently in the game.
Old 08-29-2015, 08:51 PM   #44
Banned

Re: Madden NFL 16 Review (PS4/Xbox One)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PX4
I have been playing every year of Madden since I was 11 on my Sega Saturn... I made an account just to reply to this post lol.

Game play is improved from last year, I'll give it that. However... everyone on these forums should be incredibly offended that a company who recorded over 4.5 BILLION DOLLARS in revenue this year cannot put out a quality game. No improvements have been made to this game in three years. We are looking at TWELVE (12) BILLION dollars in revenue in three years and they cannot pay someone to put in a functioning ticker, half-time stats, nice looking sidelines, fix auto-subs, fix the draft... add immersion to CFM... the list goes on.

On top of all of that which was previously mentioned, a patch was never released that caused the game to crash and players forced to watch the Cam Newton intro again in last year's title. There was no 'day 1' patch this year to address the literally hundreds of issues in this years title.

EA Sports continues to put out a horrible title year in and year out. why? Because there is no competition and we are satisfied with this product because we have nothing else. I don't understand how anyone who watches football on Sunday can start a CFM and give this game a '7.5 or 8' with all the garbage currently in the game.
If you can't see that they have made lots of improvements to this year's game then you are either blind or you have an agenda. Even the more hardcore players are saying it is pretty good this year

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Old 08-29-2015, 09:02 PM   #45
MVP

briz1046's Arena

In strict accordance with the policy applied to OS posters shouldn't this be posted in the impressions thread ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2015, 09:40 PM   #46
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by briz1046
In strict accordance with the policy applied to OS posters shouldn't this be posted in the impressions thread ?
Any content which gets posted by the web site staff to the Operation Sports front page (yes, it still exists ) automatically gets its own post in the forums.

In addition, the impressions thread is specifically labeled "Community Impressions". The site's official review of the game does not fit within that topic.
Old 08-29-2015, 09:42 PM   #47
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65
Simply put.

Madden 25 felt like we finally got a madden game on PC.

Madden 15 was somewhat of a mix of 25 and something kinda just being built from the ground up

Madden 16 is the best madden there has ever been and it matches NFL 2k5 hands down.

Havent been this happy with a football game since NFL2k5 on ps2.

Madden 17 needs to do TWO things...

Fix their Overcast and weather games(because they lack any authenticity visually...Olive colored lighting?" yeah OK)

and two

SOMEHOW REALLY fix interaction after tackles so that stepping over players doesnt trigger highwire floatness
Old 08-29-2015, 10:23 PM   #48
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by PX4

I never start a CFM right away because I'm testing sliders till opening day or longer.

Same as it ever was.

To each their own, right?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »