Home

Still impossible to do precision stiff arm...

This is a discussion on Still impossible to do precision stiff arm... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2015, 01:44 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Still impossible to do precision stiff arm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboyc
Precision Stiff Arm was removed last year. There is only regular stiff arm (pressing A on xbox one). You are trying to do a move that no longer exist.....lol.
How did I miss that?!? I just took it out of my arsenal altogether, though the occasional accidental precision stiff arm would happen... Thanks for the tip!
Old 09-01-2015, 01:48 PM   #10
PMO
Banned

PMO's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon10
How did I miss that?!? I just took it out of my arsenal altogether, though the occasional accidental precision stiff arm would happen... Thanks for the tip!
Yea 2 years ago precision stiff arm was highly overpowered.......last year they removed it completely, I assume they could not figure out how to dull it down. Its gone from this year too.
Old 09-01-2015, 05:49 PM   #11
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMO
Yea 2 years ago precision stiff arm was highly overpowered.......last year they removed it completely, I assume they could not figure out how to dull it down. Its gone from this year too.

Wow. No sh-t? I had no idea. I am a stiff arm junkie, and this game has let me down for years on that dept. I have been trying to no prec mod stiff arm, with prec mod stiff arm, and I just don't see the animation(s) I expect, ever! Lol. I'm going to try the tap a vs hold a option, now and see how that goes. Glad I read this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2015, 07:21 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Can you not just let go of the trigger? If you are able to react quick enough to move your thumb off of the joystick to the X/A button, how are you not quick enough to simply let go of the precision modifier in the same time frame?

― Plato
Old 09-01-2015, 09:02 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Can you not just let go of the trigger? If you are able to react quick enough to move your thumb off of the joystick to the X/A button, how are you not quick enough to simply let go of the precision modifier in the same time frame?
Typically happens when I quickly push the modifier to cut back and in an effort to mess up a very near defender's pursuit. Sometimes I misjudge the distance and quickly try the stiff arm once I realize my mistake. Other than that, you're right, in most situations it shouldn't be an issue. It's not game breaking or anything at all (no sarcasm).
Old 09-01-2015, 09:10 PM   #14
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Precision stiff arm wasn't needed when they added two different kinds of stiff arms years ago. So really it was redundant.
Old 09-01-2015, 09:36 PM   #15
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Yeah, idk, now. Just ran practice mode with sea so that I could test out stiff arms with Beast Mode. I'm still not impressed with the stiff arm animations. I love this game, but I'm just not seeing that Lynch/Steven Jackson punch u in the face stiff arm. Oh well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2015, 11:05 PM   #16
Rookie

SpyPirates's Arena

They don't need to bring back precision stiff arm, but they should at least include a toggle to take out the celebration control. There shouldn't be a button combination so similar to legitimate running moves that produces such a silly result.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »