Home

Madden NFL 16 Tuning Update Arrives, Tunes Risk/Reward Factor in WR/DB Interaction

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16 Tuning Update Arrives, Tunes Risk/Reward Factor in WR/DB Interaction within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2015, 03:14 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 3
Sometime when I take control of my safety and push to play the ball or the man my player doesn't do anything and just sits there.
Old 09-04-2015, 03:19 PM   #58
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Madden NFL 16 Tuning Update Arrives, Tunes Risk/Reward Factor in WR/DB Interactio

Iīm glad they tune this down. It was a bit OP to me. I will give a practice today.
Old 09-04-2015, 03:27 PM   #59
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Madden NFL 16 Tuning File Update Has Arrived, Tunes Risk/Reward Factor in WR/DB I

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
This definitely isn't what I've experienced.

I can still exploit 1v1 mismatches. However if it's bad throw and the DB has position it's getting picked off or knocked down more

I've seen plenty of one handed catches since the tuner, not sure that was addressed
Ya see this is where I think EA misunderstood the complaints. We like that you can go get the ball and defend it we just hate every guy in the league being able to pull off 1 hand miraculous catches 4-5x a game. We want sim and realistic outcomes not cheesy ones. It wasn't that it's too easy because I think it was balanced well before tuner. Ugh!
Old 09-04-2015, 03:31 PM   #60
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Madden NFL 16 Tuning File Update Has Arrived, Tunes Risk/Reward Factor in WR/DB I

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
Ya see this is where I think EA misunderstood the complaints. We like that you can go get the ball and defend it we just hate every guy in the league being able to pull off 1 hand miraculous catches 4-5x a game. We want sim and realistic outcomes not cheesy ones. It wasn't that it's too easy because I think it was balanced well before tuner. Ugh!
You should go and listen to the interview someone posted a few days ago. Rex explained what he saw that didnīt like.
Basically he noticed that any person, was able to give a decent battle by just throwing 4 deeps passes and doing the aggressive catch, and he said, that is not football. You shoulnīt be able to win by doing all the time that, and that you should get penalize (risk/reward) by doing that.

I agree with him. Even teams with elite WR donīt throw bomb after bomb all day long. If the win ration would be 40%, they would do it constantly.
Old 09-04-2015, 03:36 PM   #61
Pro

zrohman's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
You should go and listen to the interview someone posted a few days ago. Rex explained what he saw that didnīt like.
Basically he noticed that any person, was able to give a decent battle by just throwing 4 deeps passes and doing the aggressive catch, and he said, that is not football. You shoulnīt be able to win by doing all the time that, and that you should get penalize (risk/reward) by doing that.

I agree with him. Even teams with elite WR donīt throw bomb after bomb all day long. If the win ration would be 40%, they would do it constantly.
Once I catch one or two my guy starts to get double teamed and I start completing like 20% of my passes

It's not op.wasn't op. And it better not be under powered now
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2015, 03:37 PM   #62
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 16 Tuning Update Arrives, Tunes Risk/Reward Factor in WR/DB Interactio

Just played my first game after tuner and I not sure I like it may have play few more games.

I played the lions in a play now game Megatron was 0-2 on deep passes he caught one deep but was called back on him for illegal touching he ran out of back of endzone came back in caught ball at 1.

The other pass was hail Mary before half and he was covered by 3 defenders ... I like how they fixed the interactions...but stafford was under pressure the whole game which lead to 6 sacks and 4 ints.. And one time he was like 5-20 for 77 yards. He finished 15-34 187 yards 4 ints I won 58-0.

Meanwhile I don't know what happen but my running game exploded crowell went off and my blockers actually blocked their guys but before all this I could run but nothing like this I hope this tuner didn't effect the running game.

What I mean by that is its too easy to run now..again I like it but I don't wanna be avg 200 yards rushing a game.. Like I had in this one.

I don't think I saw any one handed catches by any wr's... When they went up they caught it with 2 hands.

Again I like it and will be doing more testing.
Old 09-04-2015, 03:39 PM   #63
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

I picked Eli off twice in his first three attempts post-tuner. Seems good to me.
Old 09-04-2015, 03:43 PM   #64
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Exactly. The deep ball is still there. You just have to understand coverages and match-ups that favor it.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »