Home

House rules, no user catch

This is a discussion on House rules, no user catch within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2015, 06:03 PM   #1
Pro

Ankido's Arena

OVR: 14

I understand this optional and it's your preference. Let me ask the community. Do you think it's right to play the M16 with no user catch rules? Honestly, think about it. I'm playing Bears (me) vs Packers. A deep ball is thrown on 3rd and 14. There are two defenders stride for stride on a deep inside post. The defender clearly has the opportunity to swat the ball or pick it. I allowed the CPU to make the play and they failed as the ball was caught for a HUGE gain.

My point is, no matter what you do with sliders, the CPU seems to always be stupid. If I attempted to make the catch and there's a 50% chance I catch it, swat it or miss the INT. I don't get it why people choose to play NO USER CATCH. User catch this year in M16 is viable. Why is it fair to allow the CPU to beat you??? I don't get it. 2 min drill, you let the CPU make the catch or you try to make a possession catch out of bounds?

What are your thoughts about users wanting more from EA and then turning around and eliminating what is important to the game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2015, 06:12 PM   #2
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Personal preference. You seem to have huge bias. Good for you go ahead and user catch. You paid for the game play as you please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 09-12-2015, 06:14 PM   #3
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: House rules, no user catch

CPU does a wonderful job going for the ball appropriately. I love no switch more than ever this year. Ratings matter and the varied realistic results are awesome.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 09-12-2015, 07:51 PM   #4
Pro

Ankido's Arena

This is not a debate. Just want to see the communities thoughts on this.
Old 09-12-2015, 08:01 PM   #5
Rookie

raiderz4eva's Arena

OVR: 0

I have two CFM's going right now, one with house rules and armors sliders, and another is charters sliders with no house rules. Ive been having really competitive games with both.

I wasnt a fan of house rules in the past. Everytime i read sliders and they said no switch rule, i was ignorant and would not use them. It is actually fun, and they allow the players to play to their true ratings. Of course their are times when im using house rules and im like what the ****, i would have caught that if i user'd it but it makes it more fun. Now i develop players on attributes that i see they are struggling with, and if i dont think i can develop them into the player i want them to be, i can scout prospects who can fit that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2015, 08:06 PM   #6
Rookie

If you just want opinions then I'll tell you, no switch only makes sense to me if your going to let the computer run the ball on returns also, oh and (if you can still, I know you use to) let the computer control the running back after the hand off. Also if you don't switch to catch the ball do you control him after the catch? I don't get it honestly, to suggest the game is perfect (or perfectly imperfect) on catches and take it as it is only makes sense to me if its good enough on all other plays too. To pick one thing out (ironically something they tried to enhance this season) as good enough to let the computer do it just seems weird in a game full of plays that the player makes all game that the computer wouldn't make.
Old 09-12-2015, 08:14 PM   #7
Pro

Ankido's Arena

CPU is not always smart. When the CPU runs outside, they tend to make run after catch. This is what drives me crazy. Now that we have full control of possession catches and aggressive catch (as seen during the Patriots and Steelers game) we should build sliders to compensate for that. Most sliders are made for us to sit back and watch the game play itself. O.o
Old 09-12-2015, 08:19 PM   #8
Rookie

raiderz4eva's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by brgisme
If you just want opinions then I'll tell you, no switch only makes sense to me if your going to let the computer run the ball on returns also, oh and (if you can still, I know you use to) let the computer control the running back after the hand off. Also if you don't switch to catch the ball do you control him after the catch? I don't get it honestly, to suggest the game is perfect (or perfectly imperfect) on catches and take it as it is only makes sense to me if its good enough on all other plays too. To pick one thing out (ironically something they tried to enhance this season) as good enough to let the computer do it just seems weird in a game full of plays that the player makes all game that the computer wouldn't make.
I switch to one guy after i kick on kick offs, I run the ball, and i control my player after they have made the catch. They still perform the catch animations, you just dont choose it. because you automaticlly switch to them once they get the ball. If im playing defense and i botch an assignment its nice to see me pay for it. If my 3rd string tight end has a spectactlur catch rating of 42, i shouldnt catch a ball when pressing Y, and you see that sometimes without house rules. All personal preference man. I play no house rules too just to keep my skills up when i play friends and online leagues, but if im doing a solo franchise house rules are fun.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »