Home

Best performance by a QB

This is a discussion on Best performance by a QB within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2015, 06:08 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Best performance by a QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyraymond23
Wh .. what? How in the .. why did you .. I just, I just don't understand.

What difficulty do you play on, how many minute quarters?
He may have just had a good game. I've had sliders that give me 4-12 seasons followed by 7-9 seasons and eventually after 5 years I build a 13-3 team. And in that franchise world I might have one crazy game where I throw five 60+ yard TD passes out of nowhere and have "video game stats".

― Plato
Old 10-01-2015, 10:39 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

This was on last year's Madden, but I play in a CFM with my cousin and he would get 500-800 receiving yards a game by bombing it deep every couple plays to a maxed out Calvin Johnson (which isn't too hard, considering he was pulling in 300-500 yards a game). While Megatron broke the 4,000 yard receiving mark on the season (All-Madden, default sliders, 6 mins, no accel clock), his QB also racked up between 30-60 interceptions a year lol. Combined with a weak defense, he would usually only be competing for the wildcard while I stole the division (he usually ended 9-7, so the strategy kinda worked, if only he could play D). Don't get me wrong, the picks werent that bad because they were on such deep passes, it was as if he punted.
Old 10-02-2015, 08:51 AM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
He may have just had a good game. I've had sliders that give me 4-12 seasons followed by 7-9 seasons and eventually after 5 years I build a 13-3 team. And in that franchise world I might have one crazy game where I throw five 60+ yard TD passes out of nowhere and have "video game stats".
5 60+ yd TD's still isn't 9 TD's and over 700 yds as a rookie QB.

That just isn't even fun lol, I can play on Pro or All Pro and throw it deep to Julio every play and get 1,000 yds 10 TD's in a game but what the hell is the point of that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2015, 10:42 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

I was just saying sometimes things happen even with good sliders. Like I said my sliders were great in an 8 year franchise, but I still had one game with 700 yards despite me barely throwing for 250 a game at times.

― Plato
Old 10-02-2015, 11:37 AM   #13
Pro

T5063's Arena

OVR: 2

If I had that happen I'd probably stop playing move on to a new game.
Old 10-02-2015, 12:15 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by T5063
lol this is exactly how I feel
Old 10-02-2015, 05:50 PM   #15
Rookie

A buddy of mine plays like that. I remember playing him in old Madden games when we were in high school and he was constantly cheesing to put up insane stats. He recently bought Madden 16 and wanted to do an online franchise with me, him being the Giants and me being the Dolphins. He hadn't played since Madden 10 so wanted to play on pro to get the hang out it.

I thought since many had passed since his cheesing days that he'd play more sim these days, but in week 3 I looked at the league stats and he had Odell with 650 yards already, second to that was 341. I realized all he was doing was throwing it up the whole game. Bumped up the difficulty after that, but he still does it, just throws more picks with Eli now. Some people just get enjoyment out of doing cheese plays to blow up stats. My buddy even complains that he used to be able to rack up 60 sacks a year in the old games and now he can't lol.

To stay on topic, I like to keep my games more sim, but the best game I had was with Tannehill in the Franchise I'm talking about. 427 yards and 5 Td's, nothing crazy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2015, 05:53 PM   #16

kehlis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by T5063
Don't stress it, he does this with all video games and loves to share it.

If I recall from when he did this on the show it was done on the easiest level with all sliders being pretty well maxed in his favor.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »