Home

Madden 16 CFM Draft: Biggest Freaks/Studs/Gems in

This is a discussion on Madden 16 CFM Draft: Biggest Freaks/Studs/Gems in within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2015, 11:07 AM   #65
Rookie

scoobyskyline3's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 16 CFM Draft: Biggest Freaks/Studs/Gems in

Thanks lasto... the other thing i will check is 4-3 edge rushers but i might spend in free agency on a de with the attributes i need
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2015, 01:17 PM   #66
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobyskyline3
Thanks lasto... the other thing i will check is 4-3 edge rushers but i might spend in free agency on a de with the attributes i need

Not a bad idea...my frustration with d ends in this game is strength, so far anyone with decent finesse moves (of which they are very few) always end up in the low sixties in strength. I am in the process of converting my defense to more of a hybrid and to test this out I drafted Mr. Blake (pictured) and moved him from DT to DE opposite my speed rusher, Dante Fowler. His overall is low due to his low awareness and PRC, but his combination of high 80s strength, power moves and block shedding and elite agility and acceleration make him a formidable run stuffer on the edge.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Old 10-21-2015, 02:31 PM   #67
Rookie

scoobyskyline3's Arena

Blake is a good guy to build on,im using the cardinals so the entire dline needs an overhaul,im sure calais will begin losing skills since hes 29 to start.

Theres a MLB thats projected 1 and has 3 A attributes if i remember correctly so he has my eye.

Combine hasnt come yet so that could changes especially with desire for a speedback converted from wr and a fs converted from cb
Old 10-23-2015, 10:03 AM   #68
Rookie

I'm quitting my CFM after I won the Super Bowl in year 1 to make a new one with a couple friends but I advanced to go to the draft and just for fun and I found the biggest steal I've ever had.

Projected 5th Round Pick as a DT.

Superstar Development.

Key Stats:
76 Speed, 81 Agility, 91 Acceleration 75 Jumping
82 Tackle, 88 Hit Power, 85 Block Shedding, 91 Strength 86 Pursuit

He was an 83 overall in my 4-3 Scheme.

I ended up picking him with the last pick of the 3rd rd.

"Crishon is Ranked #1 in True Talent (OVR) and you drafted him at #128.
Old 10-23-2015, 08:24 PM   #69
Rookie

Denard Jones is a stud.

Sent from my LGLS660 using Tapatalk
Old 10-23-2015, 09:17 PM   #70
MVP

Amoo316's Arena

OVR: 19

I haven't seen this one mentioned yet. Playing an Eagles CFM. Patch 2, no tuner. Had a LT retire and already had huge needs at LG & RG. Was able to pick up a LT & LG in free agency, nothing was available at RG. Draft had 6 green diamond 1st round LT, highest rated G was 5th round. Grabbed a 79 rated LT and moved him to guard. Instantly an 85 OVR. I'll probably never draft a G again.

6'5 315 95 STR, 82 ACC, RBK 81, PBK 87, IBK 80, 61 AWR

For comparison, 82 OVR RG I picked up in FA

6'3 295 83 STR, 80 ACC, RBK 90, PBK 85, IBK 81, 78 AWR

Also saw folks talking about a lack of STR in dlineman. I drafted a DT with the following stats

79 OVR, 6'1 301 75 SPD, 93 STR, 77 AGI, 86 ACC, 78 TCK, 82 PM, 71 FM, 83 BSD, 78 PST, 64 PRC, 62 AWR

For comparison, here are my current stats for Fletcher Cox who is rated 96 OVR RE

6'4 300 78 SPD, 85 STR, 75 AGI, 85 ACC, 94 TCK, 91 PM, 76 FM, 88 BSD, 93 PST, 85 PRC, 89 AWR.

So it looks like the old FSU rules of thumb of the 90s may apply here. Move tackles to guards and center. On Defense, move tackles to end, ends to inside linebacker, safeties to Outside linebacker, corners to saftey. Just guessing on a few of these moves, but this is what I used to do in NCAA when I was working rebuild projects in that game. Obviously a few of these changes are going to change based on running a 3-4 or 4-3, but I think it has potential to give us some Stud rookies.

Speed & Strength have long been keys in the NCAA series, now that I'm forced to play Madden instead, I believe I'm seeing carry over of the same. I do like that other stats play a bigger factor in Madden then they used to, but drafting guys with the ideas of moving players appears to be a legit strategy here. Basically the Bill Parcells theory on drafting, always draft the best player on the board or the best you can move into a need.
NBA: Heat
NCAA: Florida & Miss State
NFL: Whichever team currently has the most of my favorite college players
NHL: Caps
Tennis: The Joker & Sloane Stevens
WWE: Dean Ambrose
Misc: Anybody wearing a Team USA jersey
Old 10-24-2015, 02:04 AM   #71
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amoo316
I haven't seen this one mentioned yet. Playing an Eagles CFM. Patch 2, no tuner. Had a LT retire and already had huge needs at LG & RG. Was able to pick up a LT & LG in free agency, nothing was available at RG. Draft had 6 green diamond 1st round LT, highest rated G was 5th round. Grabbed a 79 rated LT and moved him to guard. Instantly an 85 OVR. I'll probably never draft a G again.

6'5 315 95 STR, 82 ACC, RBK 81, PBK 87, IBK 80, 61 AWR

For comparison, 82 OVR RG I picked up in FA

6'3 295 83 STR, 80 ACC, RBK 90, PBK 85, IBK 81, 78 AWR

Also saw folks talking about a lack of STR in dlineman. I drafted a DT with the following stats

79 OVR, 6'1 301 75 SPD, 93 STR, 77 AGI, 86 ACC, 78 TCK, 82 PM, 71 FM, 83 BSD, 78 PST, 64 PRC, 62 AWR

For comparison, here are my current stats for Fletcher Cox who is rated 96 OVR RE

6'4 300 78 SPD, 85 STR, 75 AGI, 85 ACC, 94 TCK, 91 PM, 76 FM, 88 BSD, 93 PST, 85 PRC, 89 AWR.

So it looks like the old FSU rules of thumb of the 90s may apply here. Move tackles to guards and center. On Defense, move tackles to end, ends to inside linebacker, safeties to Outside linebacker, corners to saftey. Just guessing on a few of these moves, but this is what I used to do in NCAA when I was working rebuild projects in that game. Obviously a few of these changes are going to change based on running a 3-4 or 4-3, but I think it has potential to give us some Stud rookies.

Speed & Strength have long been keys in the NCAA series, now that I'm forced to play Madden instead, I believe I'm seeing carry over of the same. I do like that other stats play a bigger factor in Madden then they used to, but drafting guys with the ideas of moving players appears to be a legit strategy here. Basically the Bill Parcells theory on drafting, always draft the best player on the board or the best you can move into a need.

I think most of us do it that way but maybe we have to stop doing this as a house rule because it's another advantage over the CPU because they never change positions for their teams.
There are so many things we have to limit ourselve to counteract the missing smartness of CPU teams. I know it's annoying but you have to do it that way to keep it balanced.

The list is endless: not abusing the trade logic by stockpiling draft picks, not signing the best abailable free agents after the offseason, no switch rule in played games, etc.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2015, 08:05 PM   #72
MVP

Amoo316's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackebarsch10
I think most of us do it that way but maybe we have to stop doing this as a house rule because it's another advantage over the CPU because they never change positions for their teams.
There are so many things we have to limit ourselves to counteract the missing smartness of CPU teams. I know it's annoying but you have to do it that way to keep it balanced.

The list is endless: not abusing the trade logic by stockpiling draft picks, not signing the best abailable free agents after the offseason, no switch rule in played games, etc.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
I disagree with this one to be honest. I already play no switch, don't abuse the trade system, but changing players is about strategy. First thing I did in my franchise was change the Eagles to a 4-3 defense as their players fit the scheme better. Had my second draft last night with no need at MLB at all, but sitting on the #10 pick. The best player on the board was a MLB with 4.51 speed.

I drafted the kid knowing I was going to move him to OLB. This is pretty much the exact same thing any NFL team would have done when you saw a kid with this kind of speed and the pass rush and coverage stats to back it up. Kid ended up being a 82OVR MLB, moved to the outside he was a 90OVR.

What you're suggesting is we don't do this because the CPU isn't smart enough to do it. The problem I have with that is that the progression system itself is borked. Every rookie comes into the league somewhere between 65-85. Most good Rookies right below 80 OVR unless they're a FB or TE. The absolute best you can hope for out of a second year player is around 90. Seems pretty good right?

There are exceptions to this rule. Look at what Gurley is doing, started the year as a 78 or something, he'll be somewhere around 93/94 in next year's game. Aaron Donald was something like an 80 in last year's game, this year he is the top rated DT. OBJ was like a 76 or something and this year he's what a 96 or something? We don't have the ability to do that in this year's game.

So take 78 rated Gurley, play all year with him, put up Top 5 RB stats, pump all your training into him and you'll be lucky to start next season around 86 or so. The player training nerf was needed as we were able to make every single Todd Gurley on our team into 90+ovr guys in one year. It was too heavy handed though as now we can't even make 1 guy into a legitimate superstar in their second year.

The only way we can do it is by drafting players and moving them. Is it legit for a Rookie OLB to come into the season ranked 90OVR? No, not at all. Is it legit for a Rookie OLB to deserve a 90OVR by week 6/7? Khalil Mack thinks so. So can the CPU do it? No. But should we further gimp ourselves and push even further away from what really happens in the NFL just because Madden doesn't do it right? I say no.
NBA: Heat
NCAA: Florida & Miss State
NFL: Whichever team currently has the most of my favorite college players
NHL: Caps
Tennis: The Joker & Sloane Stevens
WWE: Dean Ambrose
Misc: Anybody wearing a Team USA jersey

Last edited by Amoo316; 10-25-2015 at 08:11 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »