Home

Request for Editable Draft Classes in CFM. Vote in poll

This is a discussion on Request for Editable Draft Classes in CFM. Vote in poll within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Do you want option to edit Draft Class prospects in Franchise Mode?Yes
Yes 94 94.95%
No0 5 5.05%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-02-2016, 07:15 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Request for Editable Draft Classes in CFM. Vote in poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFCastle
Honestly...I can live with the ratings this year. I think they've made a big step forward from last year with the draft/prospects.

However, I still find it unforgivable that we can't edit the names.
Players with matching first/last names, players with first/last names that are completely outlandish, and players who have names that don't match their ethnicity completely kill any immersion that the game provides.

Ideally, full editing would be great. That's the sole reason the 2k series is so wonderful. The full editing capability and ability to create draft classes makes it a knockout, must buy game year after year. Madden lacks this, which makes it a "eh..maybe i'll buy it once the price drops to $20" kind of game.
The Ratings are most important to me as I want the Draft Class Prospects Abilities matchup with Custom Roster I would make for the game. That is why I Didnt buy Madden 16, because I hate to Edit a Roster and then have Rookies come in Rated on a Completely Different Scale. Just ruins the Franchise Experience for me.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Old 01-02-2016, 07:21 PM   #10
MVP

NFCastle's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
The Ratings are most important to me as I want the Draft Class Prospects Abilities matchup with Custom Roster I would make for the game. That is why I Didnt buy Madden 16, because I hate to Edit a Roster and then have Rookies come in Rated on a Completely Different Scale. Just ruins the Franchise Experience for me.
Completely understandable. Some of the most fun I've HaD on a sports gsme was on 2k13? I think, using your draft classes, etc.

I think ea did much better this year with roster updates than in the past, so I haven't even used a custom rodter, which is why the draft classes don't affect me as much on the ratings side.
Old 01-02-2016, 10:39 PM   #11
8bit Super Macho Man

Nuke LaLoosh's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
I agree I would love everything to be editable but EA may not be willing to do that due to all the NCAA lawsuits. That is why I would comprise but would love to have it all.

Not sure why you voted No. Lol
Not real sure of the difference between editing draft classes that may end up containing names of current college players and me just making that player and putting them on a roster to start my franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2016, 12:18 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviladams
Not real sure of the difference between editing draft classes that may end up containing names of current college players and me just making that player and putting them on a roster to start my franchise.
I agree. I always wondered if with Madden Classes IF anyone has seen a Real College Player Name. I honestly dont see the Big Deal as long as we cant upload the Draft Classes. It would cause no Violation of any agreement Madden has after the NCAA debacle. That was all about the Likeness of players, but If it is only in CFM then it wont be Shared with Anyone, therefore avoiding any Violation.

Old 01-03-2016, 09:00 PM   #13
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
I honestly dont see the Big Deal as long as we cant upload the Draft Classes.
If you can't upload the draft classes, than that would defeat the point for most users.
Old 01-04-2016, 10:33 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimitsTexan
If you can't upload the draft classes, than that would defeat the point for most users.
And that's why we won't see a change anytime soon. I'm going to guess around 50% of CFM users would use a custom draft class if there WAS a share option. I'm willing to bet that number falls to single digits if there WAS NOT a share option. So that's why I don't think we will see a change to it. Because it's not worth the effort to create, test, etc this whole new feature that a majority of users wouldn't use. Remember OS is a huge minority when it comes to this stuff. Not saying this is meaningless to ask for or anything like that. But more to say that your numbers don't correlate to the real ones all that well. Meaning the majority on here want it but the rest of the community really could care less. They would rather more throwback cards for MUT and Draft Champions over custom classes.
Old 01-04-2016, 12:55 PM   #15
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

draft class equipment is still a bit whacky. It was nice to see EA fix the issue of all players wearing Revo Speed helmets but there are still issues beyond that with equipment.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2016, 02:28 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
And that's why we won't see a change anytime soon. I'm going to guess around 50% of CFM users would use a custom draft class if there WAS a share option. I'm willing to bet that number falls to single digits if there WAS NOT a share option. So that's why I don't think we will see a change to it. Because it's not worth the effort to create, test, etc this whole new feature that a majority of users wouldn't use. Remember OS is a huge minority when it comes to this stuff. Not saying this is meaningless to ask for or anything like that. But more to say that your numbers don't correlate to the real ones all that well. Meaning the majority on here want it but the rest of the community really could care less. They would rather more throwback cards for MUT and Draft Champions over custom classes.
You could make a spreadsheet guide for Draft Class prospects just like I do for WWE games. You can't upload Rosters there but a lot of guys use spreadsheets to make the edits themselves. Users just wants options Not to be told you Have to use Our draft classes If you want to play Franchise Mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »