Home

Request for Editable Draft Classes in CFM. Vote in poll

This is a discussion on Request for Editable Draft Classes in CFM. Vote in poll within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Do you want option to edit Draft Class prospects in Franchise Mode?Yes
Yes 94 94.95%
No0 5 5.05%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-05-2016, 04:01 PM   #25
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Request for Editable Draft Classes in CFM. Vote in poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
I am not CPU programmer, but I doubt it would take weeks/months to implement editable Draft Classes. Is EA that far behind 2k in coding? Maybe they are and am I wrong. And Even if it did take that amount of time, I think USERs would be happy with Editing Options being added and no more Gimic Modes. So EA could concentrate on Fixing the issues within the game. Now you say 10%, I Completely disagree. Now maybe 10% spend the time Editing all of the Prospects, but I Guarantee Over 50% will use the Feature to change at least 10 prospects.

Imagine the guys who play in On-Line CFMs who could basically ADD their own likeness into their Leagues. As they still wouldnt be able to be Shared Outside of CFMs.

As i stated earlier being a Franchise guy I didnt Buy Madden 16 and wont buy another Madden until they give us the option. I am sure I am not the Only one who didnt/wont buy because of it.
The way I feel is to each their own on editable draft classes. I'm a offline franchise person, yes, it would enhance my experience, but it's not something that up on my high priority list. And that is the rub, there are many people to please for one game.

And Red is correct, don't forget, there is old code in the game. Any type of implementing new code would take many hours of coding and testing to find out if it's compatible with the old coding, and hopefully, doesn't break other parts of the game.

We were told from Madden 12 to Madden 13 from the Maddenpeople that adding draft classes(I think it was draft classes) that by adding the feature it was breaking other parts of the game. Hopefully, things have changed from a few years ago. Again, we'll see.

At the end of the day, I'm all for options.

Last edited by roadman; 01-05-2016 at 04:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2016, 04:13 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
The way I feel is to each their on editable draft classes. I'm a offline franchise person, yes, it would enhance my experience, but it's not something that up on my high priority list. And that is the rub, there are many people to please for one game.

And Red is correct, don't forget, there is old code in the game. Any type of implementing new code would take many hours of coding and testing to find out if it's compatible with the old coding, and hopefully, doesn't break other parts of the game.

We were told from Madden 12 to Madden 13 from the Madden people that adding draft classes(I think it was draft classes) that by adding the feature it was breaking other parts of the game. Hopefully, things have changed from a few years ago. Again, we'll see.

At the end of the day, I'm all for options.
Yea I think I remember hearing that too. It had something to do with the weekly draft stories, iirc.

Also VT. I say weeks or months because look at patches that come out for games. They are going and changing coding in the game. One will work perfectly out of the box where another semi related thing will not work at all. So that needs to be fixed in a patch, you go work on fixing the code it could end up messing with the perfectly item. I'm no programmer myself as well and just going off what people have said on here. Also you are creating this whole new code from scratch pretty much depending on how you implement it. And I'm guessing it takes about a week or so to write the code. If they go a route similar to NBA2K it could take awhile for that code to be written. Because you have to create new menus, options (both in CFM and out), make it so you can load them in CFM, etc. And then after that as Roadman said you have to go and test everything to make sure it is working properly with the old code and that there are no issues that make so nothing works properly.
Old 01-05-2016, 05:41 PM   #27
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
Gotcha. I am not up to the issues with Madden 16, because once i read I couldnt Edit Draft Classes it was a No Buy for me.

Hopefully EA steps up their game with Fixing Existing Issues in Madden 17. I believe IF they fix the issues & Make Draft Classes Editing an Option it would be all needed for the New version. Users are looking for a game with LESS issues and more Customization, Not New Features that have issues & existing issues that arent addressed.
I didn't get it this year either. The whole xp system ruins it for me. I want to play a football game, not an RPG. Until they get away from that stuff and back into making a football game not an RPG I won't buy it again. Unless everyone says it's the best Madden ever, and I don't expect that anytime soon.
Old 01-05-2016, 05:42 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Yea I think I remember hearing that too. It had something to do with the weekly draft stories, iirc.

Also VT. I say weeks or months because look at patches that come out for games. They are going and changing coding in the game. One will work perfectly out of the box where another semi related thing will not work at all. So that needs to be fixed in a patch, you go work on fixing the code it could end up messing with the perfectly item. I'm no programmer myself as well and just going off what people have said on here. Also you are creating this whole new code from scratch pretty much depending on how you implement it. And I'm guessing it takes about a week or so to write the code. If they go a route similar to NBA2K it could take awhile for that code to be written. Because you have to create new menus, options (both in CFM and out), make it so you can load them in CFM, etc. And then after that as Roadman said you have to go and test everything to make sure it is working properly with the old code and that there are no issues that make so nothing works properly.
I believe the reason it takes so long for patches is because All Sports games try to add so many "Gimic" Modes into the game, instead of actually concentrating on Existing Modes that are incomplete. And having to work around the Gimic Modes causes delays. Sadly those Gimic Modes are what they are making Millions off of, so I doubt it will ever change.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Old 01-05-2016, 08:27 PM   #29
Worst Gamer Ever

timisone's Arena

OVR: 6

Just make them like Nba2k and I would be happy!!!!! Let me edit everything. Its 2015.
Old 01-08-2016, 02:53 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

Glad to see the support for the Editing Options for Draft Classes to return in CFM. I would also love to see the option to Edit Current NFL players as well.

Now another thing I have been thinking is just ADD the Option to Create Draft Class in the Main Menus. From what I have read all the issues happen once you try to Edit in CFM. So just ADD the option to Create a Draft Class outside of CFM, but to avoid legal issues just dont allow them to be uploaded to Share system.

Old 01-08-2016, 03:31 PM   #31
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

There's always been support from this site and probably all around the net.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2016, 04:16 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
There's always been support from this site and probably all around the net.
To an extent you are correct, but there aren't enough people saying it is a MUST have. Too many people worried about what scoreboards look like OR What Overall Rating a Player has Or what Gloves or shoes a Player is wearing. All of those Have ZERO effect for me. I want Focus to be on Gameplay and being able to play a Whole Career with Roster & Draft Classes that can be edited to fit my playing tastes. They have spent all the time since Madden 12 concentrating on Gimics, etc. IT IS TIME TO CONCENTRATE on making the game playable for MORE than 1 or 2 Seasons.

Last edited by vtcrb; 01-08-2016 at 05:20 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »