Home

Madden: Replicating Real Life (Next Gen)

This is a discussion on Madden: Replicating Real Life (Next Gen) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-01-2016, 08:07 AM   #9
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Madden: Replicating Real Life (Next Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
I'd like to see a "rattle" feature like NCAA 09 or whatever year it was had. Granted NCAA utilized it as a "crowd noise" factor but wouldn't it be cool to see a top QB like Brady go down, then here comes this inexperienced kid to take his place. So like NCAA 09, he struggles to make adjustment calls, his route lines might appear wrong, etc. You could implement this into every position, a WR runs the wrong route, drops open balls, corners play the wrong zone, halfbacks miss their pass protection assignment.....and so on.

Now with that said, I want to see less gameplay improvements in next years title and far more CFM & Presentation additions. Its time we have an engrossing singleplayer option like NBA2k.

I agree on the inexperience factor, but disagree on the less gameplay improvements part. I understand the point you're making, but the gameplay team is its own entity, that doesn't work on those other aspect of the game so, they need to bring it every year, regardless of what the other departments do, IMO.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 01-01-2016, 08:55 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I remember that post.

Rex has said the areas he feels need improvement on are CFM and the commentating.

I'd love to see that and shutdown corners covering #1 WR's all game. They did have that feature in a few years ago, but it didn't work properly.
The shutdown corner back shading the number 1 wide receiver features was in which game?
Old 01-01-2016, 08:56 AM   #11
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Suspensions/discipline- Last I heard, the NFL won't allow it in the game.

Tattoos- The players need to get permission from the artist.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2016, 08:57 AM   #12
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelsan
The shutdown corner back shading the number 1 wide receiver features was in which game?
I can dig if you want, but I'm thinking Madden 11, it just didn't work as advertised. The CB would play on different WR's as they do now.

I know it wasn't a feature they marketed.

Found it doing a search here:

It was in Madden 12 and removed, go to post #2 in this thread.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-receiver.html

Last edited by roadman; 01-01-2016 at 09:11 AM.
Old 01-04-2016, 09:45 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Suspensions/discipline- Last I heard, the NFL won't allow it in the game.

Tattoos- The players need to get permission from the artist.
EA should tell the NFL when their players stop getting into trouble will they not put in "suspensions".

The tattoo thing, I read about but still fail to see how this is the requirement. Did NBA2k team get permission from every tattoo artist? Seems unlikely to me.
Old 01-04-2016, 09:48 AM   #14
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
EA should tell the NFL when their players stop getting into trouble will they not put in "suspensions".

The tattoo thing, I read about but still fail to see how this is the requirement. Did NBA2k team get permission from every tattoo artist? Seems unlikely to me.
Yep, I agree here, but from what I've heard, the NFLPA is different than the NBA union. The NFLPA is the one that told the players to get the artist signed permission because the NFL was sued by a couple of tattoo artist previously.
Old 01-04-2016, 12:15 PM   #15
Rookie

iFnotWhyNoT's Arena

OVR: 0

Presentation improvements to enhance tv style broadcast...

- Add fake broadcast packages with overlays and logos for thurs/sat games, Sunday's and Sun. night/Mon. night.

- Being able to see under the sched what package your playing under for example on Sunday 1pm GB vs Dal (fake fox) the 4pm game is a double header SF vs Sea and the commentators talk about the upcoming game late in the 4th quarter

- They already utilize a fake CBS so add a fake Fox and ESPN/NBC. Just some variety will improve presentation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2016, 12:50 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Yep, I agree here, but from what I've heard, the NFLPA is different than the NBA union. The NFLPA is the one that told the players to get the artist signed permission because the NFL was sued by a couple of tattoo artist previously.
Do we, the fans, even really care if they use the real-life tattoos though? I mean, it would be nice of course but even using random tattoos is going to be good enough for 99% of us. It's an improvement, if not a perfect solution.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »