Home

How do you enjoy Madden?

This is a discussion on How do you enjoy Madden? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-07-2016, 03:54 AM   #1
Banned

RoDogz17's Arena

OVR: 0
How do you enjoy Madden?

Recently finished my first year as a coach in CFM (played every game) and now I'm bored with this game.. CFM can be sooooo much more in depth to the NFL world.. Anyhow how do you "enjoy" the game? Coach mode? Playing as the owner and simming games? Super sim? I don't play as a created player because hate calling the plays..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2016, 08:18 AM   #2
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Re: How do you enjoy Madden?

Go check out my slider thread and read the OP (32 team approach) maybe you can pull some idea's from it to spice up your CFM.

This is the most fun I have had since Madden 2007 (PS2) and easily my favorite Madden of all time.

Also if you love classic rosters and are on PS4 I highly suggest you grab JohnE Kools 1990 set (for use for one season with 32 team control) and Iteachpercussions 1999 and 1986 for use with 32 team control CFM (and you can play multiple seasons with them).

Brilliant rosters which have me playing Madden practically everyday (still!!!).
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 02-09-2016 at 10:01 AM.
Old 02-07-2016, 11:14 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 18
How do you enjoy Madden?

After the NFL season I usually begin a Skins CFM with salary cap off. This doesn't mean I create a super team, but more keeping a larger core of the team together until almost a mass retirement type of thing. Pretty fun this way for me. Don't get me wrong I on occasion go big for at least on free agent if they tickle my fancy, lol.
Old 02-08-2016, 06:06 PM   #4
Rookie

Online H2H, play 16 games each with the teams I like, see if I can win alot, maybe see if I can record stats before the other guy quits lol.

I feel like I get a much harder fought game from my opponent than playing against the CPU (plus the important games in CFM have no personality, and the announcers don't really remember anything to keep it continuous last I remember), so it keeps me going year round, and it stays relatively fresh.
Old 02-08-2016, 06:24 PM   #5
Rookie

For me I play about half the games a year against the best teams, the others i sim. I used to play with the Steelers ( which is my favorite team ) but now i like to build a team. I did one with the Jags but didnt like it so i moved on to the Texans. I just started my 4th season. I finially drafted a QB last season which lead me to my first suoer bowl win.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2016, 06:36 PM   #6
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

I have a similar issue to the OP....

I spend most of my time trying to figure things out from a slider and gameplay setting perspective. There is a slightly twisted part of me that actually enjoys it. My problem now is that I am nearly 100% satisfied with the sliders/settings. So now, what to do.....

Prefacing this by stating that I constantly suffer from "Dynasty Restart Syndrome", I am finding it very difficult to settle into a CFM this year. CFM doesn't do too much to keep one engaged - you just play one game to play another and another.

One suggestion I have to keep things a little different is discussed in the following thread:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...eam-guide.html

I'll also second Armor & Sword's suggestion of a historical season (or franchise) on one of the user-created rosters (particularly on PS4 - no idea what is out there on XBox).

Fortunately, it sounds like CFM might be a focus next year. If EA can keep the high quality of this year's gameplay with an enhanced franchise, M17 should be spectacular.
Old 02-08-2016, 07:31 PM   #7
Rookie

I always end up creating a super team in franchise by tanking and trading for draft picks lol.
Old 02-08-2016, 07:35 PM   #8
Pro

I like 32 team control for my franchises. It gets you much more engaged with the league and it takes on it's own universe.

The first season usually plays out fine but it's the off-season and free agency and the draft that make the second season even more fun because you are engaged with each team as opposed to just one.

It's neat to see how teams change with your leadership. Can you as the gm turn around the Browns? How does New England fare after Brady? Will the Lions ever win a Superbowl?

Check out My Edmonton Oilers Dynasty

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »